Canadian movie ONE WEEK

Do you want to see the movie One Week?

• Yes
  • I have already seen it, and I really liked it.
  • I have already seen it, and I didn’t really like it.
  • No

0 voters

There is a Canadian movie coming out called One Week. It was at the Toronto International Film Festival. I have seen the film, and it is really good. I would definitely recommend it. Trailer here: oneweek.ca/movie

The official website of the film is having free promotional screenings of it now. The full, or already finished ones are struck out. To those in Toronto, and Vancouver, I think that those ones have been sold out for a while now, so sorry about that…

oneweek.ca/screenings

I don’t know how many here are in Canada, but this is a very Canadian movie, that if you have the chance is really worth going to see.

NOTE: To save space on the boards, I have deleted the screening dates, since they are now finished. Please now use this thread to discuss this film, (whether or not you’ve seen it, would like to see it, like it, dislike it, etc.).

• C-3PO

Cool. I’ll keep an eye out for it. What makes this “a very Canadian movie”?

Well, it is set in Canada, and takes us through the main character, Ben’s, one week journey across Canada. There are references to Tim Horton’s, (a Canadian coffee/donut franchise), Canadian Tire, (a major Canadian home-hardware/auto repair store), and through the journey across the country Ben sees and photographs the many Canadian landmarks he encounters. Canada has a lot of really big things. Literally. If you watched the trailer, you will probably see a huge chair that he is sitting in, a giant Canada goose, things like that. Different cities across Canada have different landmarks. In Sudbury, there is a giant nickel, for example, because of the nickel mines there. It is literally a giant 5¢ coin… Watching it, being Canadian, even before the place names came up, I could tell where we were in the film from landmarks like that. The only giant landmark that I have seen personally is the Big Apple in Colbourne, ON, which you can walk up inside and look out the top of. It’s huge! It isn’t featured in this movie though, since Ben in the movie is starting in Toronto, ON, and heading west. Colbourne is east of Toronto.

You can see pictures of the landmarks shown in the movie on the homepage of the website, here: oneweek.ca/home

Besides all of the Canadian references, and taking place solely in Canada, the main actor, Joshua Jackson is from Vancouver, BC, on the Canadian west coast, and the main actress who plays his fiancée Liane Balaban is from Toronto. She was recently in the movie Last Chance Harvey as Harvey’s daughter. The director Michael McGowan is Canadian, as is the composer of the score, Andrew Lockington, (who scored Journey to the Centre of the Earth, and City of Ember last year). Although I don’t really remember all of the names, essentially this is a Canadian made movie.

You can also look up the music section of the website here: oneweek.ca/music

The song “Un Canadien Errant” plays a big part in the movie. This is a French-Canadian folk song.

This movie is worth seeing anywhere though. It’s just Canadian, which, I find, is a nice change, since the majority of movies are set in the United States. It’s nice to see a movie that takes place in Canada.

• C-3PO

This is a very good movie. We actually reviewed it on our website. Four stars. If it gets a release outside of Canada, try to go see it. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post a link to the reviews that we wrote of it, but they would take up too much space to copy and paste to here… I’ll post the link, but if that’s not allowed, could one of the Mods please let me know, so that I can take it down? Thanks.

[url]http://onemoviefiveviews.blogspot.com/2009/03/one-week-one-week-httponeweek.html[/url]

EVE
One Movie, Five Views