The Beatles

It seems like people don’t like the music I enjoy. But, The Beatles? Come on, you gotta love them!

I DO! I have pretty much all of their CD’s except for 1! They are so amazing!

“Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” is my favorite song! :smiley:

I listen to The Beatles every day. They’re the best band ever to grace this planet, IMHO. A couple years back, there was even a period in time when I couldn’t listen to any other song but “Hey Jude” - this lasted for four straight months! (Okay, there were some intermissions in between, but I literally listened to that song every single day in that time span).

“I Will”, “In My Life”, and “I am the Walrus” seem to be the ones that are currently stuck in my head. They seem uncorrelated, I know, but for whatever reason, these three songs seem to encompass every mood that I’ve had for the past few months. (The mood that corresponds to “I am the Walrus” isn’t the “crazy” mood, mind you - I haven’t lost my mind. :slight_smile: ). Having been listening to The Beatles for years, one of the things I learned is that there’s a Beatles song for just about every occasion and just about every mood out there… I feel like listening to “I’m Only Sleeping” from Revolver whenever I’m sleepy, for example (which I just did a few minutes ago). :wink:

The Beatles are genius! Every song they released was something new that they hadn’t tried before, sheer brilliance.

My favourite is “Eleanor Rigby”, love those strings.

Its because she loves you, and you know that can’t be bad. OHHHH!

I’ve never really listened to much of The Beatles’ stuff, to be honest. I only know “I am the Walrus” as an off-hand comment from the movie The Big Lebowski, but I really ought to listen to some of their stuff sometime.

I agree with CountSolo. I listen to The Beatles every day. I love any of their songs with strings! “I Am the Walrus” is my absolute favorite. I could probably listen to it non-stop for the rest of my life!

I like The Beatles. They aren’t my favorite, but I enjoy their music. My favorite song from them is by far “Let It Be”.

It’s weird, because I love classic rock, but I’ve never been into The Beatles. Don’t get me wrong, the songs I’ve heard, (the typical stuff you’d hear played on classic rock stations), I enjoy, but I’ve just never really sat down and listened to their songs. I need to borrow an album from a friend.

Where’s lennonluvr9 when you need her? :stuck_out_tongue:

I own the Sgt. Peppers album, and it’s one of the few non-soundtrack albums I can listen to all the way through. I also have the 1 album, their greatest hits. My favourite Beatles songs would be “Hey Jude”, “Hello, Goodbye”, “Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band” and “Something”. I’m probably more of a McCartney fan when it comes to songwriting. Whether you personally like their songs or not, you can’t deny their influence on many bands today.

Precisely what I was thinking. :wink:

“Hello, Goodbye” is a brilliant song that was unfortunately butchered by the Jonas Brothers (this is just my opinion, so please don’t gang up on me, Jonas Brothers fans. :slight_smile: ).

Incidentally, Sgt. Peppers happens to be my favourite album by The Beatles as well. My top 5 would probably be as follows:

1. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
  2. Revolver
  3. The Beatles (aka The White Album)
  4. Abbey Road
  5. Rubber Soul

I don’t listen to The Beatles that much. I have Abbey Road on CD, but I’ve only listened to it a few times. My favorite song from the CD is “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”.

I might be killed for this, but … I like The Beatles’ songs, but not particularly The Beatles themselves. I prefer covers of Beatles songs from my favourite performers . For example, “Let It Be” by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, or (I hear pitchforks being grabbed), and “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” by William Shatner. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello! points at username Study it, commit it to memory! Anyway, I’m here! I gotta say it’s nice to see a couple people remembered me in regards to this topic!

Anyway, yes, The Beatles! My main love in life! Where do I start about them? My fav is John, because he’s just the best! again points to username Just saying the name Thr Beatles is fun! They bring me up when I’m feeling down and make my good moods even happier! I go to a Beatles convention in Chicago every year. I’ve seen Paul in concert 3 times and I’ve seen Ringo once. My fav movie ever is the Beatles second film Help!

My fav album is Revolver. Up and down, it’s just full of great songs, songs that broke all convention. Plus it’s the most diplomatic record, each Beatle has a good presence on it. I also love Peppers, the White Album, and Abbey Road.

My current top 10 Beatles songs -

1. “Strawberry Fields Forever”
  2. “I Am the Walrus”
  3. “Tomorrow Never Knows”
  4. “In My Life”
  5. “Helter Skelter”
  6. “I Want You (She’s so Heavy)”
  7. “Norweigan Wood”
  8. “A Day in the Life”
  9. “Ticket to Ride”
  10. “Eleanor Rigby”

And this is just a sample of my madness…

Nice to see you finally have a say on this topic, lennonluvr9. :slight_smile:

A few months ago, I came up with a list of my top 77 Beatles songs (I stopped at 77 because I somewhat became exhausted of making the list by the time I reached that number). The Top 10 consisted of the following:

1. “Hey Jude”
  2. “With a Little Help from My Friends”
  3. “Here Comes the Sun”
  4. “If I Fell”
  5. “Here, There and Everywhere”
  6. “Happiness is a Warm Gun”
  7. “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
  8. “Getting Better” (this song is severely underrated!)
  9. “A Day in the Life”
  10. “In My Life”

I’d say the top 10 is pretty solid at this point, but the 67 remaining rankings are all over the map. I had “I Will” at #33 and “I Am the Walrus” at #46, for example, although now, I feel that both songs deserve a spot in the top 20. Also, I didn’t have the “Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End” medley in the list at all - that song deserves a spot in the Top 30 at least, IMO. But then again, ranking your favourite Beatles songs is like ranking your own children, as the cliched saying goes (or, like ranking your favourite Pixar films, at least for some people. :wink: )

Nobody likes “She Loves You”?

Made it to #21 in my aforementioned list. :slight_smile:

It’s my favourite “early” Beatles song (i.e., pre-“A Hard Day’s Night”) apart from “Please Please Me”.

I’m more of a hits fan. You know, the classics from them.
I only have a handful of favourites, like “Penny Lane”, “Hello, Goodbye”, “Hey Jude”, etc…

I am the largest, most devoted Beatles fan I know. They are my favorite band of all time. I am, admittedly, obsessed. :stuck_out_tongue: In December, it officially took over the whole Pixar obsession.
My favorite album would have to be Rubber Soul.
1965 was, in my opinion, the best year for The Beatles. Especially because of the music, but I too (like lennonluvr9) ADORE the film, Help!, It’s amazing.
As for favorite songs, I can’t choose just one. I love In My Life, For No One, Sgt. Pepper’s, Nowhere Man, Hey Jude, Blackbird, I’m Looking Through You, The Night Before, Here Comes the Sun, Lucy in the Sky, Across The Universe, Dear Prudence, Something, Octopus’s Garden, All My Loving… the list goes on.
Their music does such wonders on my emotions. it’s incredible. I can be in a completely crummy mood, but then i just open iTunes and listen to “We Can Work it Out” or something and I feel so much better.
ashley

The Beatles are the second-greatest band in the world, behind only [spoil]my high school’s marching band (which I am in), but the best otherwise[/spoil]!

The sooner September 9 gets here, the better.

For those of you who do not know why, three reasons (in no particular order):

1. The date will be “Number nine, number nine, number nine”
  2. The Beatles: Rock Band will be released
  3. Fourteen digitally remastered albums (the 12 UK studio albums, Magical Mystery Tour, and Past Masters) released

To all :nerd: out there, go to their home page and view the simply awesome album montage. I did, and this is my response: :open_mouth: .

Need I say more?