Poster:

Teaser [HD]:
youtube.com/watch?v=9W1dhqc-JBs
Oh yeah, can’t wait.
Bad News:
The guy who is making it (what’s his name?) says it might be rated
PG13
PG13?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, LotRs was probably rated PG-13 as well, yet it was able to keep that simple, blissful nature of Frodo’s homeland. Hopefully, M. Night Shyamalan could revise this as the beginning of the series is as such. Of course, if he wants to be original, I couldn’t blame him. But, I just hope that they don’t totally ruin the whole look and feel from the series. If the look and feel is much better than that of the series, be my guest and change it. Otherwise, don’t create another Transformers Revenge.

“Revenge is like a poison. It can take you over. Before you know it, it will turn us into something ugly…”

~ Flare

Wow didn’t see that coming, to be honest, the teaser really didn’t impress me much.
Then again if movie comes out and it’s from a cartoon series, it really doesn’t appeal to me at all.
But!
I’ve gotta say, I’m looking forward to how well they are planning to make this movie. Whether it be Poor or Epic, we’ll just have to wait and see. But I’m really hoping that they turn this into a movie that will blow your mind. I love avatar!

There is a rumor of new trailer before Where The Wild Things Are I think, just some movie in October will make this movie have a new trailer.Maybe a FINAL TRAILER before Toy Story 3 Kinda like how they released a new trailer for Halo 3 10 days before it came out in 2007 :laughing:

cool! i’ve seen the teaser already, might not be appealing, but i hope the movie will turn out good. Fire Nation rules! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, expect they wanna kill Aang. Aang rocks! I can’t wait to see more footage!

oh gosh, was the show really that popular that they’re making a movie? And an action movie no less? I know five year olds that love this show, although I don’t think they’ll be able to see the movie if it is rated PG-13. Which take away quite a lot of audience.

5 year olds?! This is a great show, woody! Calling it a show for 5 years olds is like saying Pixar films are childish! :stuck_out_tongue:

~ Flare

I’m not saying that it’s a show for five year olds, I was just saying that I know a ton of five year olds that enjoy the show. I tried watching it before, but I just couldn’t catch every show and when I came back to watch it again it made no sense because I skipped so many episodes. I just think that it being rated PG-13 would take away some of its audience.

Maybe, just as could be seen from The Incredibles, rating it with anything below that would result in certain darker but necessary aspects of life to be unexplored. It isn’t necessarily a bad thing (especially in the case of a Pixar movie), but having it being all family-friendly could affect the movie negatively at times, too, if the filmmakers don’t know how to explore those aspects in family-friendly ways.

~ Flare

I’ve seen the first episode of the TV show and a couple of incidental ones on Nickelodeon at my grandma’s place from time to time… one of my friends actually enjoys it and was disappointed when the series came to an end.

I just saw the trailer a few hours ago, and I must say it’s giving me that epic ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ live-action adventure vibe… this looks like a must-see for me next year so far… let’s hope that this is Mr Shyamalan’s super comeback and not another Dragonball dud…

From what I’ve been hearing, it sounds like M.Night is keeping very close to the original season 1 episode lineup. I know the show’s creators were working closely with him, probably to determine what sub-plots can be left out and which ones can be kept. For example, I totally see them removing “The Great Divide”, as it has no returning characters, and adds pretty much nothing to the plot.I really enjoyed the animated series and hope that the film does it justice.

I started watching this show when I was 6. And I’m not 6 anymore,so…
I saw a video of the set, and you can see skeletons on the ground :open_mouth:
M.Night Shyamalan, you made Aang sad (points to to the of season 1 finale) And you don’t like it when Aang is sad.

Well, the skeletons did appear in the one episode [spoil]The Southern Air Temple[/spoil], so M.Knight might not be as far off the mark as you suggest…

The moment I saw M. Night Shyamalan’s name, I was turned off by this film completely.

God, PEOPLE, just cause of M.Night does NOT mean it will be bad.

Fun Fact:The creators of the show helped with the movie, saying what they liked and didn’t like. They say they like what he did with the movie

runs back in the shadows

is anyone going to bring up [url]http://racebending.com/[/url] ?

I like Avatar, but I really don’t want to see the movie because of that…

I think going the ethnic route for the film would’ve added to it stylistically, but so long as the actors they chose can act, I think it will be fine. I honestly don’t see why there has to be this big debate about the ethnicity of the characters. I mean, if you think about it, the voice actors were picked because they auditioned well, not because of their nationality.

As I huge fan of the show, I am so looking forward to this movie!

When I first heard Dev Patel was in it, I immediately thought, “Wow! What a great choice for Sakka”!

Oh wait. He’s playing Zuko… silly he me. :laughing:

I’m still excited though!

As much as it pleases me to see Mr Patel after his amazing performance in Slumdog, I’m not amused that a minority race is being cast as the bad guy again… I mean, look at the recent Dragonball Evolution and Prince of Persia… is it that hard to cast actors that actually look like the characters they’re portraying? I’m sure there are many young and bright talents in Hollywood who actually fit the role and look the part, but it’s usually a Caucasian who’s picked to appeal to the Western audiences, with a little ‘tokenistic’ casting thrown in to grab the other markets.

Some may argue that Airbender’s races aren’t exactly defined, but they still fit within a certain archetype (Sokka and Katara are the cartoon’s interpretations on dark-skinned Inuits, not blue-eyed Scandinavians, for example).

Really, have we progressed since the days of Charlie Chan or Uncle Tom’s Cabin? But despite the differences in ethnic portrayals, I sincerely hope that the actors are able to deliver a good performance.

Cos’ not matter what race you are, if your acting sucks, nothing’s gonna save the movie. :slight_smile: