Space Jam/Space Jam 2

I love that movie,it was great! I loved MJ in the movie. Also,are you excited for its 2012 sequel?

I loved it as a kid, but when I watched it a few months ago, I thought it was nothing special.

And there’s a sequel coming out? O.O

I really liked the movie when I was young. MJ was my favorite player and I loved Looney Tunes. And is there really a sequel? Is there evidence of that?

I was a huge, huge, huge fan of the Looney Tunes and still am. So I must admit, nothing would frighten me more than a sequel to Space Jam :laughing:

I used to love that movie when it first came out and even collected Space Jam Tazos (like Pogs).

Five words:

“I Believe I Can FLY!” :smiley:

One of the greatest late 90s movies, I used to love it to death as a kid, and remembering it brings back sweet memories… :mrgreen:

Also a pretty good live-action/animation combo and the most decent one since Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I loved the original Space Jam. It was a bit of a strange movie, if you think about it, but definitely a classic. I must’ve watched it dozens of times as a child. Didn’t realise there was a sequel, though.

That was one of my favorite movies as child, it’s a miracle that my videotape (wherever it is) is still in a good condition.

But could you, annarborjack, (or someone else) please give us the evidence that a sequel will come out?

There are many people wanting a second Space Jam film but I could find nothing to suggest there will be one anywhere. IMDB has nothing about it; all I could find was petitions to sign to get them to make one.

Some Mexican American studio is doing it. It will be done in 2011.And they ALWAYS have movies come out a year after there finished. So yeah,there working on it.

I really hope they do not ruin the original with a terrible sequel… Which is a high possibility…

Well, the original wasn’t the best movie. it was more stupid, silly funny than good.

Well The Star Swordsman, you are right, but that is what makes the movie such a classic! It’s rough edges, and cheesy-ness.

I just think they will ruin a good classic, with some bland humor, and over thought plot.

I know this is an old topic, but I really really don’t think there’s going to be a sequel to Space Jam. For one thing I know that they had already at one point planned on doing one called Spy Jam with Jackie Chan, but that ended up being Looney Tunes: Back in Action with Brendan Fraser. Also, because that movie didn’t do well I was told that Warner Bros. was discouraged from wanting to make any more Looney Tunes films and even canceled some brand new shorts that they were working on and planning to release in theaters. So no, I don’t think there’s really going to be a Space Jam 2.

As for the film itself I used to love it as a kid back when it came out, but now I kind of see it as a product of the 90’s that hasn’t aged well and one big commercial-type film. If you think about it it’s not really about the Looney Tunes, but Michael Jordan with the Looney Tunes thrown in and they’re just there to surround him in every scene and make him look cool. There are people in animation who even call the film a disgrace to the classic shorts while Back in Action, though less popular, is more in the spirit of the shorts.

I would like to add though that I have at times found myself listening to the soundtrack a lot more often than watching the film itself, and those pop songs are really one of the things that contributed to it’s popularity.

I always thought Back in Action was the sequel to Space Jam…I can’t see them making a sequel. It would be ridiculous.Oh, and I disagree with most of the people here, Space Jam is great. It just doesn’t need a sequel. :smiley:

I agree with IncredigirlVirginia. Space Jam doesn’t need a sequel, it’s great on its own. So, Space Jam 2 is a “NO!” for me. Although, I am excited for the live action/CGI Marvin The Martian movie where he tries to conquer Earth during Christmas and he gets wrapped up in a present. :slight_smile:

Oooh!!! That does sound pretty sweet! :smiley:

Space Jam 2 is only a rumor I think, I heard online but I haven’t seen anything since

There’s a sequal? I’ve heard about the lame Speedy Gonzales feature starring the voice of George Lopez (Why oh why are they doing that!) but not a sequal.

Anyway Looney Tunes are so my thing, I love them so much! Chuck Jones and Tex Avery are heros to me, and I have seen nearlyall the good old shorts from the 40s to the 60s.

And Space Jam is awesome too, that movie is so legit. I just hope that the sequal has more Marvin the Martian in it.

I didn’t like this film as much as I did the first one.
Daffy is my favorite and I was glad he was more of the main character.
But I felt they hanndled it a bit poor, the ending was just odd man.
I loved the first one though, that had a fun storyline and had the characters working together, all of them. Than we had some good music too, the villain was intresting. So out of both, yah prefered the first. I have it on VHS.