Pixar Planet

What biopics would you like to see made?

Here is the place to talk, rave, and discuss the latest non-Pixar films, television shows, music & books.

Moderator: Pixar Planet Moderators

Postby love70ways » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Oh, I defenitely agree that a John Lasseter biopic would be great! Especially for us Pixar crazies. I just don't think it'd be commercialy successful.
love70ways
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:34 am

I agree, Love, because no one would know who he is, even though he's at least a demi-god in my eyes. :cry:
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby pixarfan9099 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Um, everyone knows who John Lasseter is. His name is plastered on some of the most beloved films of all time!
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:40 pm

pixarfan9099 wrote:Um, everyone knows who John Lasseter is. His name is plastered on some of the most beloved films of all time!

But every time I say his name to my family or classmates, they say, "Who in the sam heck is that?"

So I think he's kind of random to anyone except for we religious fans. :) I love John Lasseter.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby love70ways » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:37 am

I recently read that Jesse L. Martin is working on a Marvin Gaye biopic! OMG< how awsome would that be? I hope this is true.
love70ways
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Bill » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:14 am

Here is one figure that desperately needs a feature-length biopic in my opinion - Charles Dickens.

Although Dickens's life has been the subject of at least two TV miniseries and two famous one-man shows, he has never been the subject of a Hollywood big screen biography.
Bill
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:36 am

Bill wrote:Here is one figure that desperately needs a feature-length biopic in my opinion - Charles Dickens.

I agree, I'd love to see one of him.

I think that there should be a biopic of Alexander Hamilton.

Nobody knows who he really is, but he's a fascinating man in American history. Most people know him from his fatal duel with Aaron Burr. Hamilton was an illigetimate child born on a random island in the Caribbean, and grew up to be an important figure in the American Revolution and the years that followed. He is best known for wanting a strong centeral government, being a federalist, and wanting to open a National Bank. He was also involved in the first major politician to have an affair scandal in the United States. His life is fascinating!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby love70ways » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:53 pm

ellie-jessie-eve wrote:I think that there should be a biopic of Alexander Hamilton.

Nobody knows who he really is, but he's a fascinating man in American history. Most people know him from his fatal duel with Aaron Burr. Hamilton was an illigetimate child born on a random island in the Caribbean, and grew up to be an important figure in the American Revolution and the years that followed. He is best known for wanting a strong centeral government, being a federalist, and wanting to open a National Bank. He was also involved in the first major politician to have an affair scandal in the United States. His life is fascinating!

You can call us Aaron Burr from the way we're dropping Hamiltons.

Great idea for a biopic.
love70ways
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:56 am

love70ways wrote:You can call us Aaron Burr from the way we're dropping Hamiltons.

Great idea for a biopic.

Yay, I'm glad someone else agrees! And I love that quote, thanks so much for that Saturday Night Live reference!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Flister » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:56 am

Mick Foley. Former pro-wrestler/WWE champion, actor, and NY Times best-selling author.

People have been trying to start the movie version of his first autobiography for years. It's one of the greatest books I've ever read. His life has been extraordinary and he is an amazing person.
If you take life too seriously, it ceases to be funny
Flister
Mutant Toy

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 am

I've been thinking, I'd also love to see a biopic on Sacagawea! In 5th grade, my school had a wax museum, and I dressed up and reported on Sacagawea. I think more people should know about this remarkable 16 year-old mother who helped Lewis and Clark across the continent with a baby on her back!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby amaslyo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:00 am

I think a Robert Downey, Jr. one would be pretty cool. His drug problems, multiple arrests and a very big, award-winning comeback.
amaslyo
Mutant Toy

Postby Bill » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:06 am

One name - Dean Martin. I could see it so well.

I have gotten this rather interesting idea - a biopic of Rondo Hatton. He was a horror actor in the 1930s and 40s, who was the only actor to have acromegaly.

Here's his Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondo_Hatton
Bill

Postby love70ways » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:25 am

amaslyo wrote:I think a Robert Downey, Jr. one would be pretty cool. His drug problems, multiple arrests and a very big, award-winning comeback.

I could definitely see this happening in maybe 20 or 30 years.
love70ways
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Bill » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:07 am

I am amazed that this has not been done yet - a biopic of legendary horror writer H. P. Lovecraft:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft
Bill

PreviousNext

Return to Film, Television, Music & Books