Untitled Third Batman Movie (2012)

I don’t know if this is real. But Christopher Nolan confirmed The Riddler is the villain and Johnny Depp will play as him. They should do a teaser trailer for it in front of The Expendables. That would be perfect. Does anybody remember the teaser trailer for The Dark Knight? I remember I peed my pants watching it.

This is how I think it should be like:

The screen is black

Bruce Wayne: I should of listened to you. Gotham is ruined. I can’t save it.

Alfred: Yes, you can, Bruce. You have to. Gotham needs you.

The screen fades to black

The Riddler: You better hurry, bat boy. The clock is ticking.

The Dark Knight Returns

“Coming Soon”

Really…so, Johnny Depp is our next villian for this film, and as the Riddler… <3 It looks like I have now found another favorite Batman villian, and since they are choosing an actor I especially love (it can’t be helped considering how handsome and cute he is), I’m also looking forward to this film as well…

Worthless without a link to a trusted news site.

Wait, is the “I don’t know if this is real” about the Depp thing or the poster? Because if Depp was confirmed, then it would be all over the internet. You wouldn’t be able to swing a lolcat without hitting an article about it.

Yeah, I would certainly like to know when Christopher Nolan comfirmed Depp as The Riddler. Last I heard, he was thinking of using a villain that hadn’t been used before. I can’t remember where I heard that, though, so it could well be made up.

I really don’t know that much about The Riddler. Can someone explain him to me, and what he does?

Sure, annarborjack, I’ll explain what the Riddler is. The Riddler is obsessed with riddles, puzzles, and word games. For example, he likes to give a warning to Batman and the police of his crimes by sending them complex clues, kinda like the Joker does. He also has probably a larger ego than the Joker, and, even though, he’s a smooth-talking, yet quirky, guy, he’s a victim of an intense obsessive compulsion disorder (he gets anxiety a lot of times and becomes even paranoid sometimes). Is there anything else you would like me to explain about, or are you good?

I don’t think that poster is real, but it does look cool. :slight_smile: I’ve been hearing rumors about the villian and who he is being played by and, so far, all fingers are pointing to the Riddler. As for Johnny Depp playing him, I have some doubts that he might be playing him, but we’ll have to wait for a confirmation from the studio to find out.

I’m not sure how many of these rumours will actually turn out to be true…though the logical choice does seem like the Riddler. As many believe that Nolan’s Batman universe doesn’t lend itself to the more “out there” or typically comic booky villains of Batman’s Rogue gallery. Of course, one of the problems is that they’ve already used The Joker. In my opinion, once you’ve used him there’s nobody else who can really be that exciting. Of course, you could just recast The Joker, but I don’t see many people going for that. Even though the character is stronger and will endure any longer than an actor’s legacy.

Personally, I think they need to re-introduce a lot of things back into the Batman movies. Arkham Asylum in particular, as I believe psychosis to be a very important theme of Batman’s character. Most of his villains being insane, after all. But that’s neither here nor there.

I also think that they need to dwell heavily upon the Riddler’s obsession with being smarter than everyone else. As what was said above, The Riddler is all about persona, ego, and narcissism. His hatred for Batman comes from his own vanity and desire to be smarter than Batman. I suppose, in a sense, there’s almost an honour about their confrontations. As most end without violence and are completely focused on a person’s mental capabilities rather than their physical abilities.

I would hope that they start to move away from the romantic side of Batman, as well. As things like that often slow these movies down. We’ve seen that Batman has lost and now I believe he has to start his steady decline into his obsession with criminals and crime. He is very much someone who is married to his work, so much so that Bruce Wayne is no longer much of an identity, let alone a person anymore.

These are all fairly important parts of Batman’s mythology that have yet to be seen in any live-action movie. So I think this is the road that the series needs to travel down, hopefully they’ll not fail in making the movie by trying to top The Dark Knight in terms of scale and what have you. Just let the characters speak for themselves and have a good story (there are lots to draw inspiration from), and I’m sure they’ll make something decent.

But I sincerely doubt that the movie will be made by 2011…unless it was getting a release in the latter part of the year. 2012 seems more accurate to me, as we all have Inception to look forward to in the meantime.

It’ll be worth the wait, though. I’m sure!

All of it is false! Christopher Nolan never confirmed anything.
I think this movie will never come out. Christopher Nolan wanted Heath Ledger to return ,but that’s obviously never going to happen.
As much as I love The Dark Knight and anything Batman, I know there won’t be a sequel.

For a popular franchise such as this, there will definitetly be a sequel at some point. But I doubt that this is it, I haven’t heard any official confirmation, and that poster is certainly not official material…

Oh, dude! I am really excited for this! I knew that they were going to make another one, and I knew that the Riddler was going to be the villain. It will be a fun movie!

That poster is definitely illegitimate, but with Nolan’s ‘Inception’ coming out this summer, I’m pretty sure that if there is to be a third installment, it will be announced before the end of the year.

Most of this stuff is rumors, nothing has been officially announced. Nolan apparently is going to be a “godfather” of the next Superman film so who knows when we might get a third Batman. I do hope for one more Nolan film.

TBH, I hate the Nolan Batmans, always liked Burton’s more, but that’s my opinion :bulb:

That’s not true. Just fan-made lies, based in a joke by Michael Caine.

By the way, the titles has not been made public and I’m sure it won’t be “The Dark Knight Returns”.

In fact, the only confirmed thing about this movie is its release date: July 20, 2012. Nolan also said that it will be the conclussion to his story and that the villain won’t be Mr. Freeze.

Yes! I couldn’t agree more. Arkham is so important in the comics, and I think it provides a really good oppurtunity to explore many themes developed in the first two films.

Well, Arkham did have a lot of screentime in Batman Begins.

As much as I loved the Joker, I don’t think they should bring the character back. It just wouldn’t be the same without Heath Ledger. And I know they’re just rumors, but I would love it if the villain were the Riddler, an I’d like it even more if he were played by Johnny Depp. Now that [spoil]Rachel is dead[/spoil] maybe they could bring in Catwoman as well, as a new love interest for Bruce?

Oh God. Another??

I take it you’re not a Dark Knight fan IncredigirlVirginia?

No. It was way too long, had Christian Bale, remade a film I LOVE, and it was boring. Luckily Heath Ledger kept me from swallowing a bullet, but I prefer 1989 Keaton/Nicholson. No offense to you though, Evil Genius :slight_smile: