Invader Zim

Hey guys,
I didn’t see a forum anywhere on this site about this topic, but are there any Invader Zim fans out there?

I used to be obsessed with both this show and Spongebob and thought it was one of the last good cartoons on Nick. It doesn’t seem to be on at all anymore, but the show was kinda dark so it’s no surprise why they canceled it.

I also didn’t know before that the creator was somewhat gothic.

Yeah, Jhonen Vasquez is one of the greatest insane graphic artists in the business. His other works Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and Squee are hilarious, not in a laugh out loud kind, but in a horrific, satirical manner.

Case in point:
In which Zim steals children’s organs in order to fool the Skool’s healh department.
“Dib: You’ll never get away with this…
Zim: You speak craziness, Earth boy! More organs means more human, it will work!”
later
“Nurse: (to Zim) Why, you’re one of the healthiest little boys I’ve ever seen! And such plentiful organs!”
[url]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/9/15706465_f936635cc6.jpg?v=0[/url]

LOL, yeah one of the things that amused me about the show’s humor though was that it was always about stuff like tacos, waffles, pigs, and monkeys. You couldn’t help but love the absurdity of that.

Invader Zim is one of the greatest cartoon TV shows of all time IMO. And it was cancelled far too soon. If only the DVDs weren’t so expensive!

I know! Invader Zim was truly one of the most inventive animated shows of the 2000’s. I ended up renting all of the DVDs from netflix and then exporting them to my computer. And I agree, Invader Zim shouldn’t have been cancelled so quickly.

Did you guys know it’s coming back one month only in March on Nicktoons Network? Apparently at 9 PM… Maybe if it gets enough viewers they’ll put it back on. Nick still has the last 16 episodes and tv movie under their possession. I’ve never really seen the show, but it looks kinda dark for Nick.

I used to be into the show, and I still am into the musical score for it. Nonetheless, I guess it isn’t my kind of material, nowadays, though I wouldn’t really describe my examples from the show as being dark. :confused:

I like it quite a bit, but I hate it’s fandumb. Fandumb ruins everything. :confused: