Your favourite Movie scores

:bulb:

(The ones I like more are generally higher up in the list)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQD5zhS045o - Zulu, Main Title
youtube.com/watch?v=msimASAXoys - ‘Welcome to Jurassic Park’
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCtNDoTONoc - Pearl Harbour ‘Tennessee’
youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1IjbIBXZQ - ‘Show me your firetruck’
youtube.com/watch?v=UcGXyc7dVsM - ‘Never an Absolution’
youtube.com/watch?v=TAMUR64hjQE - ‘Infinite and Beyond’

Hehe I love how you have Zulu on the list. My favorites are Lawrence of Arabia, the John Barry Bond opener, Up, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, anything else by Michael Giacchino, as well as anything by Randy Newman.

My favorites, without a doubt, would be all of the music for the first two Terminator movies; so synth-heavy! :smiley:

Honorable mentions include:

Blink
True Lies
The Fifth Element
The Unborn (the original 1991 version, with music by synth-pop pioneer Gary Numan)
The Naked Gun movies (especially “Drebin - Hero!”)
Whale Rider
The Princess Bride (especially “Guide My Sword”)
Donnie Darko
Birdy (best known for its composer, Peter Gabriel)
The Rabbit-Proof Fence (same note as above)
Gone in 60 Seconds
National Treasure
The One

Oooooh, I must admit, The Fifth Element is a great score, as well as movie!!! Very odd, but I love a good sci-fi thriller. :smiley:

Defintely Schindler’s List. But the Forrest Gump theme comes in second. October Sky comes in third.

Anything by John Williams. He’s my personal God.

But the ONLY music I listen are film scores. So I have a long list in this area. I won’t categorize them 8D

Well, I certainly love the Pixar film scores, particuarly Ratatouille’s and A Bug’s Life’s.

However my absolute favorite score is that of Jurassic Park’s. It is just so powerful and uplifting, I love it.

I also really enjoy Hans Zimmer’s score of The Lion King.

the scores of studio ghibli films are amazing! they are probably my favorite.

My favorite score happens to be from my favorite movie as well, Gone with the Wind

Oh, there’s loads of beautiful scores that I can listen too from loads of different composers! I seem to take a liking to Danny Elfman’s music though, being dark and more gothic themed than most. James Newton Howard is another favorite and I think he uses power within music very well, as does John Williams, Hans Zimmer and many others… Without the score, movies just wouldn’t be the same :smiley:

Here’s a few favorite tracks of mine:

youtube.com/watch?v=B9ubdk1tuI0 ~ James Newton Howard ~ Dinosaur ~ ‘The Egg Travels’

youtube.com/watch?v=latiKSUzHho ~ James Newton Howard ~ Atlantis ~ ‘The Crystal Chamber’

youtube.com/watch?v=08mNwAKqnhA ~ Daniel Pemberton ~ Prehistoric Park ~ ‘Opening’ (00:00 - 1:19)

youtube.com/watch?v=2_5tRvR5Fgs ~ Harry Gregson Williams ~ Narnia ~ ‘Narnian Lullaby’

youtube.com/watch?v=tTMtNly-A-M ~ John Williams ~ Jurassic Park ~ ‘Journey To The Island’

youtube.com/watch?v=neTk2HjCycc ~ Randy Newman ~ Monsters Inc. ~ ‘Scare Floor’

youtube.com/watch?v=uaaNFO3EDw4 ~ Benjamin Bartlett ~ Walking With Dinosaurs ~ ‘Torosaurus Lock Horns’

youtube.com/watch?v=H6A1YJifu80 ~ David Newman ~ Ice Age ~ ‘Checking Out The Cave’

I’m very fond of the score to The Never Ending Story - both the original Klaus Doldinger stuff and the Giorgio Moroder tracks added in for the English-language release (as well as the titular song by Limahl) sound great to my ears. And yet, the CD soundtrack is nowhere in my collection. I’ll need to rectify that some time.

I’m also a fan of Carter Burwell’s work, particularly the stuff he’s done for the Coen Bros and Spike Jonze. Two favourite tracks of mine would be the very charming “Norville’s Suite” from The Hudsucker Proxy, and the unsettling “Craig’s Overture” from Being John Malkovich - both of which serve as neat reflections of the main characters’ dispositions.

Ah, I love the music from The Neverending Story, mogwai! It’s one of my favourite things about the film, it really gives it an atmosphere and reminds me of my childhood so much.

I admit that generally I don’t pay attention to movie scores, though in a way that’s a good thing as the score is meant to provide the background to the film without becoming distracting or taking over. Despite this, I have a few favourites, in particular the scores for Jurassic Park and of course Monsters, Inc..

Jaws, ET, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, A Bug’s Life, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Madagascar, and anything by Joe Hisashi.

I love the Friday Night Lights soundtrack, Explosions in the Sky really did a great job. (:

I don’t listen to a lot of music, but I do love all the Pixar soundtracks, and I like Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events soundtrack, plus a few musicals have great songs.

So many to choose from! Hmm…
-“Married Life” from Up
-The Krakken theme from POTC
-The Finding Nemo theme
-“The Green Mile (Main Theme)”
-“Any Other Name” from American Beauty
-“This Bitter Earth/On the Nature of Daylight” from the Shutter Island soundtrack

Needless to say, I like Thomas Newman :wink:

One of my favorite movies of all time, Gattaca also has one of my favorite movie soundtracks, by Michael Nyman. I just love listening to “The Departure”.

Oh, and of course Pixar soundtracks are awesome, but do I really need to say that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hans Zimmer - The Lion King
James Newton Howard - Dinosaur, The Dark Knight
Steve Jablonsky - Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Every Pixar movies-especially from ABL and Finding Nemo
Gone With the Wind
Treasure Planet Soundtrack
Dracul (A musical…that’s actually the only vampire medium I will watch willingly)
Dinosaur theme
John Williams music (Star Wars,
James Horner Music (Land Before Time, Titanic, Avatar)
Hanz Zimer music (with so many I can’t list them all! But The Lion King is a BIGGIE)
Lord of the Rings
Ant Bully soundtrack
The Princess Bride
Wizard of Oz
Watership Down
Monty Python & the Holy Grail (thank you for giving us stock music!)

As film scores go, nothing beats Ratatouille, Michael Giacchino’s mangum opus.
Other brilliant scores include:
all other Pixar scores
Mulan
Whale Rider
Seven Years in Tibet
(a hidden gem among John Willliams’ works)
Thelma and Louise (yes, that’s really by Hans Zimmer, although it sounds nothing like his usual mega-epic scores)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
My Neighbor Totoro
Spirited Away

anything by Alan Menken
all Harry Potter scores by John Williams
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Hoshi no koe: the voice of a distant star
Inside Man
Casablanca
Corpse Bride
Assault on Precinct 13
by John Carpenter