Nintendo

What was the best Nintendo Console?

• Nintendo Entertiament System (NES)
  • Super Nintendo Entertiament System (SNES)
  • Virtual Boy
  • Nintendo 64
  • Nintendo Gameboy (all versions)
  • Nintendo Gamecube
  • Nintendo DS (all versions)
  • Nintendo Wii

0 voters

I am a big fan of Nintendo, released so many great games, great consoles, if you haven’t heard of Nintendo, you have been living under a rock.

Nintendo is awesome. Although lately they haven’t released too much great stuff (I’m not really into the Wii), I do love the NES, N64, and DS. My favorite game of all time is Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES, in fact. I’d say that Nintendo is one of the few game companies to remain consistently creative and innovative, especially in this time where pretty much 80% of games coming out are generic FPS titles.

Even though I like FPS games, they need to lay off

I’ve always loved Nintendo! I own an SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, and the different versions of Game Boy (never really managed to get the original NES). I’d say all their systems have been great but I guess I’m really getting into the Wii now cause playing games with the Wiimote has felt so unique to me. My other favorite gaming company is Sega because of growing up with their systems as well so I naturally thought it was cool that Sonic the Hedgehog now crosses over into Nintendo games and that they have his games on the Virtual Console, which back in those days would have been considered crazy.

Honestly, Nintendo is the best game company ever!

64 all the way dude!

I don’t think I could live without my Conker, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Tooie, Mario Kart 64, etc, etc…

But the SNES is a close second. Recently been replaying Super Mario World. Playing it every time I get the change. It’s just so… darned FUN. Most games today I don’t really ENJOY like I do with SMW. Some games I just play with the hope of it becoming more fun later on but Super Mario World… is just… plain uncomplicated FUN ALL THE WAY. D8;

Wii is enjoyable, though the controls can feel gimmicky at times and the whole idea with the Mii’s annoy me. If it wasn’t for Mario…

I love both the Wii and DS, and the gameboy is a classic! In my house there is a Wii, and my sister owns a pink gameboy. I just so happen to own a red DSi that I got for Christmas.

I have an Up game which I completed within a couple of days, but I only use my DSi now for the internet…

I come on Pixar Planet all the time on it, which explains why I don’t have a profile pic or a siggy as I can’t upload any pics :frowning:
But I love it anyway!

From an objective perspective, SNES.
Although I haven’t played a whole lot of SNES games, there were a ton of high quality games for it. Most of the best ones usually fall under one or more of 3 categories:

1: For a game in a series, it pretty much defined the formula for the series from that point onward (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy 4 (2 in US), Super Metroid, Super Mario Kart).

2: Was a masterpiece and generally considered to be one of the best games period (again, Zelda, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Final Fantasy 6 (3 in US), and Chrono Trigger).

3: Was a great previously untranslated/obscure/cult game (Earthbound/Mother 2, LiveALive, Secret of Mana and the other Mana games for the SNES, Secret of Evermore)

My TOP:

1. Super Nintendo (Super Mario World, Super Mario All Stars, Zelda ALttP, Metroid, Donkey Kong Country)
  2. Wii (Twilight Princess, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Country 4, Mario Kart, Okami, Metrid Prime 3)
  3. 64 (Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Pokemon Stadium 2, Super Mario 64, Golden Eye, Banjo, Star Fox 64)
  4. GameCube (Zelda Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Pikin 1 & 2, F-Zero, Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros Melee, Resident Evil 4)
  5. DS (Zelda, Mario, the typical hardcore Nintendo games)
  6. Game Boy Color (Pokemon Gold and Silver)

ALl of my friends claim that the Mario Galaxy Games are the best nintendo games to date.

:nerd:

and I do not blame them

Did you know that the Top 3 BEST REVIEWED Games ever are from Nintendo, and they are:

1. 1998 (N64) The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
  2. 2007 (Wii) Super Mario Galaxy
  3. 2010 (Wii) Super Mario Galaxy 2

GameRankings is to VideoGames what RottenTomatoes is to Movies

i have never played the Zelda game that you mentioned, but if it’ from GamerRankings, then i’m somewhat inclined to believe them.

you should play ZELDA, is the most epic franquise in videogame history

(laughs) okay. I’ll set out to look for it.

Easly the N64. The first console I played was the SNES, but I still like the N64 better. On my Grad day, my 9 year old cousin came over who never played an N64 played it. He said it was weird because of the graphics and controls, but he liked it. I remember when I first played OoT. I couldent’t find anything at BlockBuster and saw it, and the rest is history. Has anyone ever seen the Nintendo 64 kids?

youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

I’ll be honest. I think my favorite Nuntendo 64 game was Donky Kong 64.

I have fond memories of all of Nintendo’s systems, except the Gamecube, but the N64 is my favorite. It gave me some many new and incredible experiences. Playing a 3D game for the first time, and analog control (Mario 64). Playing a game that made the controller rumble for the first time (Star Fox 64). Playing Zelda 64 in 3D and riding across those open fields on that horse was an incredible feeling! Discovering new area’s and not knowing what to expect is something I will never forget. I was obsessed with Mario Kart 64. And I could never get enough of that Yoshi track with the different narrow paths. And the AI in Golden Eye was mind blowing at the time. And to have it topped by Perfect Dark was…I can’t think the proper words. I love platform adventure games, and the 64 had PLENTY of those! I’ll never forget how relaxing Pioltwings 64 was to me. Just flying around and checking everything out was so fun to me.

I wasn’t really digging Gamecube to much, and they were losing me for a while with the Wii because they weren’t showing the long time hardcore fans much love, but they really brought it last year! Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong Returns, Golden Eye 007, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, Sin and Punishment 2 and Epic Mickey! Wow, talk about an embarassment of riches! And although it came out in 09, New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It came out late enough that I was still playing it in 2010. I love the Wii. And we haven’t gotten three Mario games on one system since the days of the original Nintendo! It’s a shame it get’s such so much hate because of it’s graphics. I love my Playstation 3. But I’ll take time in the Mushroom Kingdom or any whimsical world Nintendo comes up with, over some war torn country in Call of Duty or anything like it. During E3 every year, no company gets me more excited than Nintendo. I love my DS. It gave me so many new and incredible game experiences. I was gonna pre order the 3DS, but I looked the many, many games I have but haven’t played for my DS, so I decided to wait. But I am lookin forward to it.