Pixar Planet

Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, or South Park ?

Here is the place to talk, rave, and discuss the latest non-Pixar films, television shows, music & books.

Moderator: Pixar Planet Moderators

Which is better?

Family Guy
17%
The Simpsons
47%
Futurama
17%
South Park
19%

Total votes : 36

Postby Basil » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:23 pm

1) South Park
2) Futurama
3) Simpsons
Beyond Terrible) Family Guy
Basil
Mutant Toy

Postby Flik-E » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:47 am

Tyler1995 wrote:Family Guy but South Park is a close second. The Simpsons is without a doubt one of the least funniest things I have ever watched. It's comedy should only be enjoyed by an eight year old.

Do you mean old episodes or new? For me it's the writing and the large cast of well-developed characters that always made the show good, not if it's gut busting funny to people or not. The Simpsons had very intelligent thinking humor, while to me Family Guy is more retarded "in-your-face" shock value type humor (which the fans seem to prefer either cause they don't want to sit through real storylines in a show or they just don't get subtle humor). We're always saying how character and storytelling is one of the things that make Pixar films so great, and I think the same applies to the classic episodes of The Simpsons.
Flik-E
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby mo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:09 am

Am I really the only person who voted Futurama their favorite show? :?

Yeah, Futurama is my favorite show, but a year ago I would have told you South Park. I still love South Park, but Futurama really came back for me, with the new episodes and all, they're still really good!

And I used to absolutely love Family Guy.... then I graduated from Jr. High School :wink:
Tumblr is where I spend most of my online time these days
mo
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:48 am

mo wrote:
And I used to absolutely love Family Guy.... then I graduated from Jr. High School :wink:

Hahaha, I love your comment about Family Guy! I use to always watch it back in jr. High, but then I got over it:
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby mo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:23 am

ellie-jessie-eve, haha, I was the same way. I thought it was the greatest show ever and now I watch it and think "jeez, I used to like this garbage?"
Tumblr is where I spend most of my online time these days
mo
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby The Chicken Man » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:54 am

I'm going with South Park because instead of using comedic timing, which is what cheaters (like the modern episodes of Family Guy), South Park uses...just good writing.

SATIRE WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST!

Futurama=close second...I THINK. Everything on this list is good in one way or another, whether it be pure food for thought like South Park, or great delivery like Family Guy. So it's hard to choose.
Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice tha lab-boys gave me: [paper rustling] do not get covered in the repulsion gel!
The Chicken Man
Garbage Boy

Postby Carol » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Well, I love the Simpsons. Few of the new episodes are heartwarming and funny but does not live up to its wonderful past- the family values and devotion.

Family Guy has good moments of smart humor, but seriously, they cheat. In fact, I will not be surprise if we find out the writers are just manatees swimming around in their tanks taking idea balls...

I can't really judge Futurama, I don't watch the show much. Though I have seen funny episodes.

It took curiosity to get me into South Park. I just wanted to see how laugable it was. And when I watched it, I was amazed at its social relevance. The humor can be childish, but the premises and themes are genuis satire. Many times it crosses the line: for example, even though I am a Christian, I actually found the Scientology episode very offending. I actually laugh with some of jokes of Jesus. There was even one episode where the writers Parker and Stone actually exhibited their understanding of Christianity despite being strong agnostics themselves. Not to mention the truth they exposed about Family Guy...

It's a tied for Simpsons and South Park.
An advocate for good Fanfiction.

Written for MU/MI here: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1096271/Ava-Kane
Carol
Mutant Toy

Postby GBinc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:55 pm

i dont know between futurama and the simpsons .love family guy and south park but those two are great and my favorite lines are :(Futurama) Leela: ...and you were stepping on them for fun!
Bender:(stares blankly at Leela.)
(the Simpsons)Homer:i love it there!You're like a baby.
GBinc
Ant

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm not allowed to watch any of those LOLZ
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby aaldawrogers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:24 pm

I don't watch it cause it's not my kind of humor, but the town that Family Guy takes place in is based after my home town.
aaldawrogers

Postby Bradandez » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:24 am

I love all of them!

The Simpsons: Clever jokes and writing,charecters. Makes me laugh.

Futurama: It's good but not great.

Family Guy: Makes me laugh .

South Park: Very funny and memorable jokes.

#1: South Park
#2: Family Guy
#3: The Simpsons
#4: Futurama
Newts!
Bradandez
Mutant Toy

Postby St_Jons » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:45 pm

futurama wins it for me, so many quotable moments and brilliant characters.
I love the other 3 as well, although I prefer seasons 1-3 of family guy. I wouldn't of minded American dad being in the poll because I think thats my second favourite after futurama.
You can be so selfish, can't you see that i'm doing this for me!
St_Jons
Mutant Toy

Postby Leirin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Oh, The Simpsons, all the way. Honestly, while I can't comment on the recent "decline" as I haven't seen any of the newer episodes, I always thought it was a very steady show. And I normally don't enjoy adult-aimed animations. The writing was always solid, pop culture references were enough to be like "Hey, I know that guy!" instead of bombarding us with them to the point where it isn't funny if you don't get it, and the main cast was actually pretty sympathetic.
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby rock-itpop » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:11 pm

Simpsons all the way.

South Park is just terrible. I find the humour too crude for my tastes., and it pretty much relies on the shock-value of it's jokes/storylines.

The Simpsons is a great animated classic that can pretty much be enjoyed by the whole family, not like with South Park, which is not even remotely child appropriate.

Just voicing my opinion,not hating on South Park, my sister watches it all the time so I have had to sit through a few episodes.

I don't work at being ordinary.
rock-itpop
Toy Collector

Postby Tyler1995 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Too crude? Shock Value? South Park is by far the most creative out of any of the choices given. It's TV-MA, it's not meant to be for people under 18. Making something child appropriate doesn't make something good and that is why I hate The Simpsons. I see it as being too childish.
Tyler1995
Garbage Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Film, Television, Music & Books