Your Most Anticipated Films of 2011

I thought this would be an intersting thread, and I’m surprised there isn’t one already although it’s August. :slight_smile:

In no specific order:
X-Men: First Class
Cars 2
Rise of the Apes
Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom
Winnie the Pooh
The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made (December 25th)
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Green Lantern
The Green Hornet
Rio
The Adventures of TinTin: Secret of the Unicorn
Mission Impossible IV
Arthur Christmas
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II
Gnomeo and Juliet
Rango

So So:
Puss in Boots
Happy Feet 2
The Smurfs
Journey to the Mysterious Island
Sherlock Holmes 2
Sanctum
Mars Needs Moms!
Hop
Marvin the Martian

I’m loving the idea of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So much that Iron Man & The Incredible Hulk are the only non-Pixar films I’ve paid the excessive price to buy on blu-ray.

So naturally I can’t wait for Cars 2, Thor and Captain America.

I also recently bought M:I:III on DVD so I will be ready to watch Brad Bird’s Mission Impossible IV.

Oh! and A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas will no doubt be hilarious :smiley:

Here’s my list:

Cars 2
Rio
Rango
The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made
Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows II

And, although I think it’s sacrilege, Marvin the Martian.

Right now, Rio is at the top of my list, because the trailer was so refreshing for an animated film (the exotic locale, the endearing characters, and no fart jokes! Although there was a ‘butt’ shot). Not to mention this is from Blue Sky, which is the next Western studio I respect after Pixar and Aardman.

Rango is second. Again, the unconventional setting and colourful characters are plus points for me. Also, the story, which looks like a family-friendly version of El Mariachi. And Johnny Depp’s character in a Hawaiian = WIN

Cars 2 and KFP 2 curiously have little to no promotional materials at the moment, so it’s difficult to set an excitement level. But seeing as both are the sequels to two of my favourite animated films of all-time, this will be a very interesting competition to watch!

I’m also intrigued about The Green Hornet (I liked the trailer’s ‘vibe’), Deathly Hallows II (naturally), Puss in Boots (the coolest character in the entire Shrek franchise), Tin-Tin (the next ‘Avatar’?), and Mission Impossible IV (Brad Bird goes secret agent on us!).

I couldn’t care less about any other films until I see their respective trailers.

I’m literally excited about almost nothing…MI4, that’s about it. It’s a little disappointing.

I cannot wait for Green Lantern! I really hope it is a good film.

I’m also excited for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, obvi 8D

I don’t know much about any of these films, but I’m really excited for Cars 2. :slight_smile: I’ll have to see the plots of some of these other movies and see if any of them appeal to me.

Definently excited about MI4, but other than that I’d have to say Rango, the last Harry Potter, and maybe Cars 2 once they get a trailer out.

Flister: As for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, same here.

Bryko614: You’re really only excited for one movie? Not even Cars 2?! :astonished:

Oh, and Rango is now on the list. :wink:

I’m really excited for Rio. It looks amazing and I really like birds, so yeah.

All these sequels annoy me, and I’m kinda dissapointed in Pixar for catching the sequelitis :confused: Though their sequels are a rare example of being better than the original, so yeah. Still don’t like Cars, though.

oh, most definately, Captain America, Thor, and Cars 2. Also the Enchanted sequel is supposed to come out sometime in 2011 but I don’t know how well that’s going…I’m also gonna say Winnie the Pooh (which I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned yet) oh! and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides those are just off the top of my head, but I’m sure there will be many others I’ll be excited to see once we get some more previews and such.

I’m not truly excited for anything except Cars 2 and Harry Potter 8.

Cars 2 :smiley:

I’m totally excited for Cars 2 and Harry Potter 8-9 but if Pixar doesnt make an Incredibles 2 I am going to have to make one myself. :wink:

I’d like to take a look at that if you do. :smiley:

Let’s see, I’m definitely looking forward to Pixar’s Cars 2 and Monsters, Inc. 2 - even if I’m not that thrilled about sequels, it’s Pixar, and I’m supporting them to the very end.

Rango also looks interesting, even though I don’t know much about it. Definitely excited for Winnie the Pooh, as it’s a traditional movie from Disney and I adore Winnie the Pooh!

Whoa…

:open_mouth:

I had no idea about this Winnie the Pooh movie. That is so exciting!

Wait, their making another Winnie-the-Pooh movie? :smiley:

Yup! :smiley: See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie_the_Pooh_(2011_film
Or at least, I hope so… we all know what happened to Snow Queen and King of the Elves… :cry:

This is the link to the actual film: [i]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie_the_Pooh_(film)[/i]

It appears John Lasseter is executive producing. What a shock! 8D

I wonder what the plot will be…