Pixar Planet

Doctor Who (Classic and New Series)

Here is the place to talk, rave, and discuss the latest non-Pixar films, television shows, music & books.

Moderator: Pixar Planet Moderators

Re: Doctor Who (Classic and New Series)

Postby definedancing » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Matt Smith... :-D :-D)

SO excited for tonights finale! I want Amy back though!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
definedancing
Master Scarer

Postby Now Has Guilt » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:40 am

I was completely rabid after the finale. Oh my goodness! Moffat is so clever. I was totally expecting to see the flesh Doctor again, but the use of the Teselecta instead was a nice twist. And the wedding! We'll have to see if this counts or not, since it wasn't technically the Doctor who got married.

And the question! Also very clever. Can't wait to see where this goes, but the whole "the eleventh will fall thing" leads me to believe we won't find out until Matt's run is over D:

Karen and Arthur are signed on for next season, as far as I know, so they'd better be there :/

What did you think of it? People seem to be either very for the events that transpired or very against them.
Great. Now I have guilt!
-x-
Now Has Guilt
Mutant Toy

Postby Rac_Rules » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:47 am

Just started watching a few weeks ago, and have finished season 1. This is now my favorite show! Can't say I'm a big fan of Rose, though. I came into it already a strong River/Doctor shipper and have been keeping up with the storyline. I haven't seen TWoRS, but I watched the wedding scene and loved it! Even though I wonder about the validity of it, remember that in Silence in the Library River knows his name, so at one point he has to tell her. I'm pretty sure he can't tell anyone except his wife.

I really hope River's still there in season 7. I would love to have some simple, spouse-y banter between them without all the crazy timeline drama, especially since the Doctor implies at the end of the finale that he visits her quite often. "Her days yes, her nights, well...that's between me and her, ay?" :lol: I've heard that Jack Harkness is coming back, and I'd LOVE if he did! Jack and River in the same episode? Innuendo squad indeed! :D
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby Now Has Guilt » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:08 am

Rose's character gets more bearable in series 2. I'm not a huge fan of the first season in general. You know, I don't mind Rose and Ten, but then, you haven't seen them yet. I'm not one of these vehement Ten/Rose shippers though. There's quite a rabid fanbase where they're concerned. I do enjoy River/Doctor significantly more, however :D

River better be there next season. I think she will. I mean, their relationship is implied to be much deeper than what we've seen thus far. But, as you say, she has to come back again for him to tell her his name.

I didn't hear about Jack! If Jack and River are in the same episode, I might just have a breakdown. He would make the whole Pond family situation far more interesting, that's for sure ;) And he and River would make the Doctor so uncomfortable.
Great. Now I have guilt!
-x-
Now Has Guilt
Mutant Toy

Postby Now Has Guilt » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:26 am

pfft I just saw this reblogged on Tumblr and it is highly related to this conversation.

This is how it would then go down:
“Captain Jack Harkness. You are?”
“Amy. Amy Pond.”
“Well, hello, Amy Pond.”
Rory just comes in. “Hello. Rory. Husband.”
“Husband?”
“Yes. Husband. Is that a problem?”
Jack eyes Rory up and down. “Not at all.”

SO. TRUE.
Great. Now I have guilt!
-x-
Now Has Guilt
Mutant Toy

Postby Rac_Rules » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:48 pm

I've seen Rose and Ten now, and they're okay, I guess. Can't say I'm a huge fan, though. I guess it just bugs me how we hear them talk up how AMAZING and CLEVER Rose is but we almost never get to see her all that AMAZING or CLEVER. I mean, River has her Sue-ish traits but at least she actually does cool stuff. And ugh, I've seen those crazy Ten/Rose shippers. They gave me Hamerons and Harmonians flashbacks...:shake: Its like they can't comprehend how it is, in fact, possible to fall in love with someone else after years past seeing your so-called TWO LUV.

BUT OH YES JACK+POND FAMILY HAS TO HAPPEN. Just imagine how he'd react to finding out that River is the Doctor's wife!
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby Now Has Guilt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I do agree that Rose is not what she's hyped up to be. I just don't mind the Doctor having other interests/relationships at other points in his life. I think he and River are more equal, so to speak. River challenges him more than Rose. I don't think it's at all bad for the Doctor's ego if someone knows more than he does.

HARMONIANS. NOOO. I would fight with one of my friends all the time in middle school about whether it would be Ron and Hermione or Harry and Hermione. She won't go on MuggleNet to this day because of Emerson's comments 8D
Great. Now I have guilt!
-x-
Now Has Guilt
Mutant Toy

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 am

I've recently been converted to this fandom! I am still new to it, but I enjoy watching it a lot! So much love for 10!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:38 pm

I'll tell you that ever since I saw that painting of the exploding Tardis in Sissy and Craig's guest room up at their house in Eastlake, I've been wanting to watch this show--and now that I've rented it from the library and watched it not too long ago, I'm already liking it!

Well, what do you know? My new favorite Sci-Fi series. (Geez, I've been getting into a lot of Sci-Fi lately...)
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Previous

Return to Film, Television, Music & Books