Taylor Swift

I was just wondering, does anyone here like Taylor Swift? I was looking around and there doesn’t seem to be any threads on her. So, I was just wondering if anyone listened to Taylor Swift or is a fan of her music?
Personally, I’m quite a big fan. :smiley: I think she has some fantastic music, especially her last two albums.

I’ve never listened any of her songs, but I’m very infatuated with her. She’s a real beauty!

My sister is addicted to her, and adores her. :laughing: I like some of her songs, and think she looks like a real Disney Princess, but I’m not hooked. I admire that she composes her own songs as opposed to bumming them off of another artist. <3

I’m not a fan, personally. Sure, she’s a decent poet and some of her songs have nice tunes, but most of them are very similar to others she’s written (her guitar parts in particular are not exactly diverse) and have very little variety, especially in topic. I like that she at least tries to have a good image, but I don’t think she deserves the amount of attention she gets, especially when there are singers who also write their own (better) music and don’t get all that.

I’m more of a Carrie Underwood girl, myself. Sure, she doesn’t write her own music most of the time, but she has more training and, in my opinion, more talent.

Quite honestly, Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, and Johnny Cash are the only country I can stand. I live in Tennessee, so I really get tired of these hicks. :shake:

Jesus Take The Wheel is the only Carrie song I like, sorry. :blush:

I like a few of her songs, they’re mostly her singles, so I guess I’m not that big of a fan. Taylor Swift is a pop artist by the way. Not country.

As I said, I’ve never heard her songs.

But I know one thing. She’s in fact, a country singer. Country pop, actually.

I think her music is nice from what I’ve heard. I have respect for her, too, for being one of the few female artists today that doesn’t dress trashy. :unamused: So, I’m not sure you’d consider me a great big fan of hers, but I do like her. :slight_smile:

Her music is alright, it’s not the best but it’s pretty good. I don’t really consider her to be a county singer though.

^ Well, as I’ve said, I’ve never listened to any of her song (and I wouldn’t be able to recognize what’s country and what’s not, anyway), but I’ve read she’s a pop country singer on reliable places like… Wikipedia.

Ok, I admit it, I’m defeated :stuck_out_tongue:

I like her pretty well. I don’t like girl music, and I despise country, soo it means a lot. BTW, I think you can only win a Country Music Award if you sing country music. :stuck_out_tongue: Besides, her songs are so twangy!!! And any girl singing about past boyfriends screams country to me.

The fact that she’s a country singer is debatable. She’s won awards for “country singer” but in my opinion she is way too pop to be country.

Well, if not, then I don’t like country music as well as I thought. I like Johnny Cash, Rascall Flatts, and her. I despise the genre, though. It’s just a constant reminder of where I come from/am, and I’m tired of it being played everywhere all the time. I hate most modern music, but modern country(except for RF and TS)…well, I despise it.

Haha, that’s awesome. I like those three two, but they’re all so different! And Taylor Swift is the pure definition of “modern country”. So much pop in modern country songs, that it’s ridiculous to be called country, IMO.

lol, and you’re right about it being from where you come from, it’s even on the state quarter! It could be the same as the sterotype of the California and Beach Boys. (Most of California is not coastline, and the surfable parts are only the southern quotes, yet that association is with the whole state!) But I like the Beach Boys.

She broke up with Jake Gyllenhaal recently.

I smell a multi-platinum single!

To be honest, Virginia, that makes me kind of sad. You must really hate Tennessee, don’t you?

I grew up on country music. Personally, I prefer the 80’s-90’s stuff to today (I still like Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum and Carrie Underwood, though. Sugerland is okay, too. But Devil Went Down to Georgia, Fancy, Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia, He Thinks He’ll Keep Her, and Friends in Low Places forever, man!) My mom’s family is fairly country and her old accent still comes out on occasion (she’s a scientist, so she kind of had to lose the hick accent if she was going to get far), so I’ve had a moderate dose of that culture my entire life (my dad’s side, however, is a bunch of Minnesotan conservative military kids), but not too much. I can understand why you’d hate being surrounded by it at all times, I guess.

Oooh…and the warden said, com’n somebody, why doncha run…Old Red’s ichin’ to have a little fun…Get my lantern and get my gun…Red’ll have ya treed ‘fore the mornin’ comes…

Yeah, I do hate it here. :frowning: I’m tired of being labeled “hick” and :white supremacist". And I mostly dislike the people here.

Do you have an idea of where you want to live when you leave the nest?

Even I have to admit a lot of modern country music is CR.AP.PY. Ugh, it just makes me embarrassed sometimes of how bad the music is. Case in point: The majority of Trace Adkins music. Montgomery Gentry has gotten pretty bad too.

I agree with you Rac_Rules, which is why I don’t watch the Country Music Awards. But there have been a few good songs to come out in the past few years like “Big Green Tractor” and “Chicken Fried”