Live action movies you'd love to be remade, Pixar style?

Basically the title, which movies currently which ain’t animaiton would you like to see being made, remade, or roughly molded after, Pixar style, as Pixar are quite simply brilliant as everyone knows if given a good idea (in this case of another movie).

• Grease ( :smiley: )
  • Jurassic Park
  • Honey I shrunk the kids
  • Men in Black

Frank. En. Stein!!! Seriously. I want an animated Frankenstein so bad. :cry:

Blue Velvet, Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom, Triumph of the Will… nah, I’m just messing with ya! There aren’t any movies I want them to remake. I want them to make new stories of their own! That’s one thing I like about Pixar.

Labyrinth.

:stuck_out_tongue:

It’d be nice to see Pixar remake Star Wars that’d be cool. I think they’d do an amazing job at it.

Men in Black would be cool to see. Gone With the Wind would be interesting as well, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

The Godfather!!! /sarcasm

I’d prefer to see original movies from Pixar, not remakes. But, as a slight twist in answering this topic’s question, there are some live-action films with (at least partly) Pixarine stories, themes, or approaches…and if the films were rendered and animated in CG, they might look and feel like a Pixar production. A tweak here and there would put them squarely in Pixar’s playground. It might be interesting to note that all these films predate Toy Story.

It’s A Wonderful Life
Invaders From Mars (1953)
It Came from Outer Space
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Broadway Danny Rose
Edward Scissorhands
Forrest Gump

Apologies to anyone who feels their heritage is despoiled by these suggestions.

Cheers! Steve

Ooh, Forrest Gump!!! I know this isn’t on topic, but I love that movie!!!

Frankenstein. I’m serious about this one!! Think about it. It would be awesome. But I agree, I like how all their movies have been original ideas. Or, at least, not quite like the ideas that spawned them.