Sucker Punch (2011)

Zack Snyder’s next experiment in slow-mo as an art form is a female-driven action movie that looks like a mash-up of prison exploitation and video game-inspired sci-fi/fantasy.

Watch the craziness that is the trailer here:
youtube.com/watch?v=KrIiYSdEe4E

Though it may look like it, this is not actually based on any previous source material, and I’m glad to see Snyder finally trying something original. The premise has potential, but Snyder is a big wild card when it comes to actual storytelling, especially now that it’s his own story. It looks to have plenty of eye candy of both the computer-generated and human-generated kinds, at least.

I don’t know about you guys, but I am really excited to see this!

Like usual, I only see good intentions in this movie, despite my dislike for possibly an abridged version of a big daddy appearing in the poster in my town cinema.

I know the lead actress for this film is Emily Browning. She is one of my celeb crushes.

This looks more and more intriguing with repeat viewings of the trailers.

It’s supposed to be released sometime next month, right?

Yeah, March 25th.

Oh, wow, only a month away. That seems so far away. I can’t wait for it.

You won’t wait for it!

Editted by TSS: No shouting, please.

Meh, good point. I was just stating what I feel about the movie being only a month away. It seems so close, yet so far away.

I saw this trailer the other day. No offense to any of you, but I can’t wait to miss this movie.

Frankly, I’m surprised this thread didn’t get that response sooner. Zack Snyder’s always been pretty polarizing.

How were you able to see it when it doesn’t come out for another 2-3 weeks?

Me, too. I mean, I’m not one to judge a movie I haven’t seen, but I’m the opposite of excited for this. I don’t see the appeal (unless that chick has a nude scene, then for dudes, I see the appeal).

Nah, I doubt there would be a nude scene. The film is rated PG-13. But if you’re talking about the lead actress of the movie, yep, I’ve had a celeb crush on her ever since I saw her in Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.

I just see no point, message, or decent excuse for making this movie. I don’t really care, though. It just seems disturbingly stupid to me.

You know, there is an old saying that goes “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover”. Or, in this case, movie.

Don’t judge a film by the poster illustrated, or the trailers represented!

Exactly! I love the way you put it! :wink:

I usually don’t force ideas onto films I have yet to see, but it’s hard not to have preconceptions. Besides, I doubt I’ll see this, anyway.