Advertisments

Not sure whether this is the right place to put this, move the topic by all means, mods. :slight_smile:

But yeah, adverts always fascinate me, so I just thought it’d be cool to discuss the best and worst adverts that have ever graced the telly or whatever. And I imagine it’s going to be regionally different, so anyone who doesn’t live in the UK may not know what I’m on about when I discuss some of them.

But yeah, an advert I really love because it’s so adorably cute is the Felix advert :smiley: [url]- YouTube. It’s just like, aww!

Then there was this horrible Just For Men advert on about a year ago. [url]- YouTube
I mean, the dubbing in that looks awful, the girl looks wayyy too old to be his daughter, and the line delivery is just terrible.

Oh, and then this one has to an extent become fairly famous in British advertising in the last couple of years! shudders
[url]- YouTube
And then the most recent adaptation…
[url]- YouTube

Oh my goodness, and then this one is imo the most embarassing of all.
[url]Glade Poo at Pauls. Stupid advert. - YouTube

I usually hate advertisements, but gum commercials are usually awesome.
This is one of my favorite commercials of all time:
youtube.com/watch?v=tviPLpD8VG8

And please, don’t get me started on the ones I hate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh man, i love watching ads sometimes. i don’t drink beer, nor do i advocate the use of alcohol. But i do find some of the beer commercials funny. My favorite is the “Bud Light, here we go!”

And my favorite commercial icon is the Old Spice dude.

Commercials usually annoy me. I’ll just post this link and you’ll see what I’m talking about:

youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9QFvhQWo

On the other hand, this one made me laugh hard:

youtube.com/watch?v=sa5XlWWPSmU

Good old Gio Comparo… 8D

My favorite commercial on the TV right now is the D-3 shoes commercials with Dwayne Wade.

Just checked that one out on Youtube! It’s awesome! :slight_smile:

This one always makes me smile!
[url]Aero Caramel daffodils TV ad - YouTube

It is cool huh? I love commercials if they feature my favorite actors, singers, or athletes.

Here’s my favorite commercial (And yes, that is Robin Williams as George Washington, like a champ!)

youtube.com/watch?v=BqpJvey-7-s

youtube.com/watch?v=ky1rlAmJchg

best ad ever.

Funny jeep commercial

youtube.com/watch?v=45Vok2fM7Lg

Avatar- The Last Pepsi Bender- not yet atleast

youtube.com/watch?v=40DykbPa … re=related

GTA Coca cola

youtube.com/watch?v=ieSzsh4h … ideo_title

Anyone remember this?

youtube.com/watch?v=nsEQEPUJP8M

Sock em Boppers- More fun then a pillow fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=a6TavVzx … re=related

Nintendo 64 Christmas

youtube.com/watch?v=J9GmpVh1zFQ

Dude! I remember those! :smiley:

Thought i’d revive the thread by posting some more terrible adverts I’ve found on Youtube:

Colman’s Beef Gravy: Seriously, this was funny for about 2 seconds. And then it got creepy.
youtube.com/watch?v=WYvuIsspW24

Haribo Super Mix: I actually sing along to this one i the cinema!
youtube.com/watch?v=TrGJ0vO_ … re=related

Curry’s/PC World: I mean, seriously, they must have paid loads to get this on TV.
youtube.com/watch?v=HXcoIN6tqXY

Twining’s Tea: I really love the animation for this, but come on, it’s advertising a cup of tea! Was that needed?
youtube.com/watch?v=ChxzFDi2nWg

Disneyland: Oh my goodness, this one is so very annoying.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZwrkMLC_n3o

DFS: I actually really hate when they use films to promote…sofas…
youtube.com/watch?v=aPe5XvfIoDI

The Health Lottery: -facepalm-
youtube.com/watch?v=gfmqL8I8Dh0

Safestyle UK: This. Is. A. Classic.
youtube.com/watch?v=a0-2n8JHc1M

And I’m sure it goes without saying to avoid the numerous GoCompare car insurance ads.

Oh my God, why can’t they air that in Australia? For comparison, here’s the Twinings tea adverts that we’re getting currently:
youtube.com/watch?v=ORuNns6SUuQ

… :unamused:

Oh no, not Nigella! :open_mouth:

It almost sounds like Michael C. Hall is the narrator. But that’s actually a pretty interesting commercial artistically. I like Robin William’s stone-cold facial expression. 8D

This commercial is too cute not to like.

youtube.com/watch?v=umczO5Y5Av0

I always liked these commercials.

youtube.com/watch?v=YzkBhfbwRkg

I never knew whether to laugh or cringe whenever that one came on!

I know right! gets in your head!

agreed ,you can tell most of the kids are actors…

My favourite right now :

[url]- YouTube

Haha, I know. I love Deadpan expressions. Robin William’s was unexpected, that’s one reason it was so great! He meant business!

Holy. Freedom. Fris. That commercial is the cuttest dang thing I’ve ever seen. I’d love to be proposed like that!

I don’t usally care for car commerical. but I do like this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ezk0e1VL80o