Should Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone get a rerelease

Anyone think that the first film shoulf get a rerelease? It is still the highesat grossing Harry Potter film, with Deathly Hallows behind it. This will also mark the 10th annivercy of the 1st film, being released in 2001. Should Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone be re released before Deathly Hallows part 2?

I’m not sure if they’ll do this, but if they did I’d see it. I never saw the first one in theaters, it would be nice to say that I did.

I don’t think so. If they release a movie again, that takes away the special experience of seeing it when it’s new. That, and unfortunately if they did, my sister would drag me to it. I hope they don’t.

Nah. As much as I love HP, I think with the end of DH, it’s time to let it lie.

I’d probably pay a matinee. I remember it was one of my favourite films from teenagehood.

Re-releases never show in Italy, but as far as I remember from my youth, the first Harry Potter film was made to be seen in a theatre. All the negative filters and surround sound flow perfectly in the movie (this is also true for the second, and some of the third).

If we get a rerelease, than everybody else would want a rerelease of the other 8 movies, and it’s going to be difficult to get Radcliffe to play a 11-year old when hes nearly 20!

I think it means re-releasing the original film? Or have I missed the point?

Yes, that’s what I mean, like what they did for Toy Story 1 and 2. I don’t know if they should do a remake. If they do, not for a long while.

No, they should finish the series now and let it like that for some years, so that some day someone can make a good adaptation of the awesome books. Unfortunately, to achieve that, it can’t be another movie saga, but a TV series :frowning:

Twilight is in the same situation, but i haven’t seen any tv series yet. yet…

Uhm… No. Don’t understand why there’s so much comparison between those series.

There are actually lots of material in the Harry Potter books. In Twilight, nothing happens.

It’s difficult to make a complete movie about the stupidest romantic relationship ever, not to mention a TV series.

A Twilight TV series? :shake: What? That would be the worst news in television history.

No way, it’d be the funniest comedy series in years. -And I’m serious.

DEAD SERIOUS. :open_mouth:

I guess a lot of cinemas will be doing a HP movie marathon (I know my local one is at least) where they’ll be playing all 8 movies back-to-back over one day with short breaks in between. The tickets are like $130, but a lot of people I know have already bought tickets and are planning their costumes.

Wow, that’s crazy insane! I don’t think I could do that!

That sounds crazy. I don’t think I’d have the attention span to sit that long!

I’d love a re-release. Little Harry is so adorable. I love watching them grow up

I want a Harry Potter cartoon series in the vein of Vugs Bunny.

Neither would I! I’d rather have a week where every night I watch one of the movies at my house with friends.

I do! I make marathons of different franchises all time! Love it!