2012: The Best Year in Film Industry???

right now 2012 is turning out to be one of the most promising year in film history

so far we have the following films scheduled for this amazing year, just take a look

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (in 3D)
Arrietty
Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Clash of the Titans 2
John Carter of Mars
Battleship
The Avangers
Madagascar 3
Men in Black 3
Prometheus
Jack the Giant Killer
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Brave
Snow White
Star Trek 2
The Amazing SpiderMan
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift (in 3-D)
The Dark Knight Rises
The Bourne Legacy
Total Recall (2012)
G.I. Joe 2
Resident Evil 5
Hotel Transylvania (in 3D)
Frankenweenie
Monsters Inc. 2
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (Part Two)
Rise of the Guardians
Snow White and the Huntsman
Superman
The Hobbit Par 1

I guess, but live previous years it looks full of sequels and remakes.
The ones I’m looking forward to are Pixar’s 2, John Carter Of Mars, Hansel and Gretel, The Hobbit and Superman. The rest look either boring, or I’m undecided on, and I am certainly not getting dragged to see the final Twilight movie :sunglasses:

Well box office wise it may draw the most money, as 2011 so far has not drawn a dime pretty much.

Far too many sequels and remakes though, needs originality.

Going to be VERY tough beating out (in terms of quality and cult impact also)…

1939 - Gone with the Wind, Wizard of Oz, Stagecoach, Mr Smith goes to Washington, The Roaring Twenties etc.
1974 - The Godfather part 2, Young Frankenstein, Towering Inferno, Man with the Golden Gun, Chinatown, Texas Chainsaw massacre etc.
1982 - Poltergeist, Gandhi, ET, Rocky 3, Conan the Barbarian, Blade Runner, First Blood etc.
1984 - Beverly Hills Cop, Terminator, Gremlins, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Karate Kid, Ghostbusters, Sixteen Candles etc.
1990 - Dances with Wolves, Home Alone, Goodfellas, Die Hard 2, TMNT, Pretty Woman, Edward Scissorhands etc.

I can already see that this might not be as hyped up as i thought. I thought “The Bourne” series was going to stop at Ultimatum, and why would they make a remake of Total Recall? Although i haven’t seen it, it should’ve stayed in the '80s. Clash of the Titans 2 doesn’t look all too promising, the first one drifted away from the original Clash of the Titans and left some plot gaps in between, The Twilight Sags is obviously a rotten apple there, G.I. Joe 2 might be nice, seeing that the first had left a nice cliffhanger for us to watch it again, Frankenweenie probably won’t be good, seeing that i’m more attracted to an older audience, and The Amazing Spiderman was dead even before it came out and even after Spider Man 2 was released.

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought of 1939. Defintely one of the best years in the history of Cinema.

Not a lot of those films look that promising, to the extent as 1984 and 1939 was. Most of them are sequels and remakes. They all may make buckets of money, but when you adjust for inflation, it might not be that impressive. But I’m not a fortune teller, so we’ll see.

what you say is true, and I agree but we can’t deny that for example the final twilight film will be huge, and that the new spiderman movie will have its public

I am looking forward to watching:

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (in 3D)
Arrietty
John Carter of Mars
The Avangers
Brave
Star Trek 2
The Dark Knight Rises
Total Recall (2012)
Monsters Inc. 2
Superman
The Hobbit Par 1

I can’t wait for 2012 solely because the films that are coming out! (And the Olympics) I can’t wait for Brave, Monsters Inc 2, The Dark Knight Rises, John Carter of Mars, Dr Seuss The Lorax and Madagascar 3. I also really want to see the World War Z film which is apparently coming out in 2012. I hope it’s as good as the book which is brilliant!

John Carter of Mars
Brave
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift (in 3-D)
Monsters Inc. 2

Those are the movies I plan on seeing for sure!

Looking at the movie list, i can say that I’m actually pretty excited for the omvies that will be released in that year. But we’ll see.

I’m only interested in Ice Age 4 and Monsters, Inc. 2. Sorry.

Aren’t you excited for Brave?

I’m not uninterested in it, I just don’t know anything other than Brenda being fired and Reese Witherspoon voicing Merida(?). Sorry. :blush:

Merida isn’t voiced by Witherspoon anymore, she’s being voiced by a Scottish actress. I forget her name. And Brenda is still being credited, only as “Co-Director”.

Ah, okay. :blush: That’s even worse.

We’ll see. We’ll definetely see. The titles so far are the only ones to provide intrigue.

one of the biggest and most promising film of the year has been delayed… Monsters University is now out of the list

I agree. I’m not excited for MU at all.

The more 2010 movies I see and the more I think, I think 2010 was a very good year. I mean, 10 BP noms! Even if some were undeserved, that’s still a lot. Can 2012 really be better than this?

Meh, they 10 BP noms is something they’ve started and will probably be doing for a while.

true, the 10 BP noms were created to attract more viewers around the world, since 2010 the academy includes some of the highest grossing films of the year,

Sorry. I just thought it was a lot and that this year was pretty impressive compared to say 2007.