Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Hub Upfront

CN: toonzone.net/news/articles/3 … 1-coverage
Nick: toonzone.net/news/articles/3 … a-and-more
DC: toonzone.net/news/articles/3 … n-uprising
Hub: toonzone.net/news/articles/3 … mers-prime

On Cartoon Network we of course have the regular returning shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Young Justice, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, etc. New shows include The Amazing World of Gumball (which has ordered 80 episodes), The Looney Tunes Show, DC Nation (I’m guessing that could please a lot of people), How To Train Your Dragon, LEGO Ninjago (ooh, this could be good), Pokemon, the Problem Solverz (which I don’t like due to basic flash animation and other things), a Thundercats remake and a CGI Green Lantern cartoon (it’s funny because CN has DC Nation and Disney has Marvel). But Stuart Synder is presumably still president. Plus the returning and new live action (I hope Level Up doesn’t come off as a gasp teen sitcom). Also, Ben 10 is getting a 4TH show. But overall, this could be interesting.

On Nickelodeon we have the returning Live Action shows as well as two new ones (Bucket & Skinner and Supah Ninjas). Plus an iCarly/Victorious crossover. So still on the whole kid coms thing. All the current animated shows are returning (including Spongebob) but there are some new shows you might be interested in: A new TMNT show, Kung-Fu Panda, another Dreamworks show Robot & Monster, Winx Club and an Avatar spin off. Not to mention a new saturday morning block and, of course, The 90s Are All That.

Finally on Disney Channel we of course still have old and new kid coms (including Shake It Up). I have hope for the animated series on the other hand. Gravity Falls is when two twins spend the summer in Gravity Falls, a strange and wonderful place which is home to every weird creature and phenomenon. Phineas and Ferb is also returning. On Disney XD we have Ultimate Spider Man, TRON: Uprising and Motorcity, which could be good.

I can’t believe they didn’t renew Sym-Bionic Titan. :confused: But most of CN’s animation lineup is pretty solid.

Nick continues to be completely pathetic, but I’m super excited for the new Avatar spinoff.

Disney Channel’s lineup is pretty boring as well. Might check out the TRON show, though.

tbh, at this point i’m really only interested in what cartoon network has lined up. i mean, they’ve got some pretty awful shows too, but they’ve got adventure time and regular show which are pretty much the only reasons i watch tv anymore, so.

i wonder how long it’s going to take nickelodeon to figure out that SPONGEBOB IS REALLY, /REALLY/ STARTING TO SUCK. or maybe they already know. maybe they just aren’t trying anymore. shame. the pre-movie episodes were so good. anyway, i’m not really interested in anything they’ve got lined up here, but the 90’s are all that? YES. BRB DYING HAPPY.

disney continues to be disney. therefore i could care less about whatever they’re doing. /msybe/ i’ll try that new cartoon, and i’ll catch phineas & ferb if it’s on and i’m bored.

The only shows with fairly new episods I watch on all of these channels are:

Cartoon Network: Tower Prep, Young Justice, Scooby Doo; Mystery Inc.(I was very disappointed that Unnatural History got canceled.)

Nickelodeon: Spongebob Squarepants,

I don’t watch the Disney Channel anymore because it has grown to be a show full of teenage drama sitcoms. Not for me. I grew up from those a long time ago.

Starting?
Cartoon Network seems to have a lot of different shows upcoming. Maybe I could give stuff like DC Nation or LEGO Ninjago a try (a variety of interests indeed).
Nickelodeon at least has The 90s Are All That, if the newer programs aren’t good.
Again, I have some hope for the new animated series from Disney on both channels. But Disney Channel is still doing kidcoms and I mentioned Shake It Up returning especially because it’s a new low for the bad quality of the kidcoms; it’s actually on the shows considered the worst.

The only current cartoons I watch on these stations are The Regular Show and Looney Tunes. I’m SO happy that Cartoon Network is playing these classics again, and I am interested in the new Looney Tune Show. I have a feeling it’ll be really good or really bad.

I’m kinda interested in the new Looney Tunes show. I’m glad that CN is bringing back the classic charaters. I’m not liking some of the characters in the new show though. Lola seems kinda spazzy (if you all know what I mean)

Haha, I do know what you mean! But I liked both those clips of her, I’m more interested in seeing what Daffy’s female counterpart is like, they haven’t shown her yet.

I’ve seen stuff about The Amazing World of Gumball for months, but I never really paid attention to it until yesterday. Now I can’t wait to see this show. I can’t remember the last time I anticipated a new show this much! I hope it gets a lot of promotion and gets huge ratings.

I’m so upset about Sym Bionic Titan not coming back. It got competitive ratings against other action shows, but nobody wanted to make toys for the show, so it was cancelled. :unamused: Ever since I saw the first episode, I wanted a clear Octus toy. Although the last episode was good and there were no huge cliffhangers, I wanted to see Kimmie and Octus back together again! :frowning:

I’m not to sure about this show. It’s weird to see Bugs and Daffy in the suburds and just stand around talking most of the time. IMO, it would have been interesting to see them in a suburb setting, but have them act more like they did in the old cartoon shorts.

Um guys… Level Up is executive produced by someone off… Wizards of Waverly Place. cue shock horror

Yes, it is different to see them in a ‘talking heads’ (as Looney Tune director Chuck Jones would say) animated show. But most TV cartoons are like that today, virtually comic strips, and nothing to extreme or inventive animation wise. But this is nothing new, look at the ol’ Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

Speaking of the Looney Tunes show, has it premired yet? Or are we still waiting? I hope that the creators of this show provide something for the young kids to enjoy as well as stuff for the older people to like as well.

Well, it was originally going to premier in November of 2010. Then it was pushed to March 2011. And as of now it’s to premier on May 3rd. This date is concrete, and the offical website has been put up, as well as dozens of sneak peak videos.

I am a fan of Duck Dodgers, and the people behind that show (Tony & Spike) are in charge of this one. I can’t wait to see what’s in store!

So it will be released one week from today? Sounds cool!

Wow, I guess it is! I didn’t realize it was that soon!

CN continues to be the Adventure Time channel for me

Nick continues to be meh, (until Korra comes out and it will be incredibly awesome)

Disney continues to be- wait, I don’t remember ever liking a show on that channel

then there’s The Hub…

I saw a commercial for the Looney Tunes Show. It was hilarious! A couple good quotes, I’m defintely giving this show a shot.

Can’t wait for Korra, if it’s good, it will be the first good Nicktoon in 6 years.

Looney Toons come out this week. I’m excited for that.

I am too! It’s already set to record.