What films are you anticipating this summer?

What films are you anticipating this summer?

• Captain America: The First Avenger (Joe Johnston) - July 22
  • Cars 2 (John Lasseter) - June 24
  • Cowboys & Aliens (Jon Favreau) - July 29
  • Green Lantern (Martin Campbell) - June 17
  • The Hangover Part II (Todd Phillips) - May 26
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (David Yates) - July 15
  • Kung Fu Panda 2 (Jennifer Yuh-Nelson) - May 26
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Rob Marshall) - May 20
  • Super 8 (J.J. Abrams) - June 10
  • Thor (Kenneth Branagh) - May 6
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Michael Bay) - July 1
  • X-Men: First Class (Matthew Vaughn) - June 3
  • Other

0 voters

I know there’s already a thread on our most anticipated films of 2011, but I am more interested in a short term as by now pretty much all the big summer films have trailers out and peoples’ opinions can change based on what they think of them. I used to do this poll every four months or so on the Wall-E forum, but didn’t get much of a response so I’m hoping I’ll have better success here.

This is looking to be a pretty big summer, with the studios releasing a big-budget action or animated movie almost every weekend from now until the beginning of August, and with how uneventful the winter/spring has been most are hoping that the summer will get this year caught up with 2010’s admissions.

So what is the Pixar faithful looking forward to?

I submitted my vote for:

*Cars 2
*Harry Potter 7 Part II
*The Hangover Part II

I forgot to vote for Pirates, but I plan on seeing that one as well.

I thought that this was a “what are your plans for the summer” thread.

Well for me, I’m anticipating nearly everything. I’m especially excited for Pirates, Harry Potter, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Cars 2.

Super 8, Kung Fu Panda 2 and Cars 2.

now that I’ve seen THOR, I guess I have to fix it for the last time

1. A tie between Super 8 and Captain America, Hangover also makes my list,hahaha
  2. Harry Potter 7.2
  3. Pirates 4
  4. Green Lantern
  5. Cars 2
  1. Other
  2. Kung Fu Panda 2- The Kaboom of Doom
  3. Transformers 3- Dark of the Moon
  4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
  5. Cars 2

That’s what I thought as well!

All that comes to mind at the moment is Cars 2, Winnie the Pooh, and Super 8. There could be more I’m not aware of.

Cars 2 and Winnie the Pooh for me. :slight_smile: I’m sure to see at least Cars 2 in the theater. We’ll see about Pooh, though. :frowning:

I’m not as excited about Winnie the Pooh. He’s a great character, but we’ll see.

winnie the pooh, HARRY POTTER AHHHHHHAJJSKLA; and sort of kung fu panda 2.

kinda looking forward to green lantern, too.

I’m also excited for Winnie. Here’s my list, from most excited to least

1. Harry Potter 7 Part II
  2. The Hangover Part II
  3. Cars II
  4. Winnie the Pooh
  5. Pirates

Interesting thread! I didn’t expect Cars 2 to get the highest votes! :unamused: :smiley:

Anyway, I voted Cars 2, Kung Fu Panda 2, Pirates of the Caribbean and Cowboys & Aliens. I forgot to vote Harry Potter, and I will try my best to make this a ‘must-see’ in cinemas, if only to bring closure to a franchise I’ve been following voluntarily for the last decade. And also to confirm if Voldemort really does scream as many times as he does in that trailer. 8D

It is interesting to note, though, that this year is the highest on record for sequels released in mainstream cinema. As many as 27. Kind of a shame there’s more original fare like Rio, Source Code (another film I’m planning to see this summer) and Rango which have been overshadowed by sequels and franchise-starters like Thor and Fast Five… :unamused:

Oh well, at least most of the flicks here look promising compared to last year.

Yes, I noticed that as well! All the films I voted for were sequels.

Yeah. We all know Harry Potter is ending and Transformers is to.

Heehee, well I don’t know how Transformers is ending!

I heard it’s the last one, lot’s of movies with squeal’s end in 3.

Michael Bay’s said he’s done after this film, but Paramount’s said they’re intent on continuing the franchise