X-Men: First Class (2011)

Trailer

I was optimistic about this when I first heard that Matthew Vaughn would be directing it as I loved his work on Kick-Ass. But a rushed production and general bad press over the last couple of months has left me feeling less enthusiastic. They have managed to cut together a solid trailer, though, so perhaps Vaughn was able to weather the storm and finally create a worthy followup to the X-Men franchise.

I’m a little skeptical aobut this one. I’m actually not familiar of how the first xmen formed. But something about this movie just hasn’t convinced me to come watch it. As the release date appraches, we’ll see.

I think this looks like the best one yet. By a longshot even. That may sound incredibly optimistic, but if you just shut off those voice about bad continuity in your head you’re looking at a pretty dang awesome film here.

I’ve been dying to see an actual GREAT adaptation of an X property and not just a bunch of good ones and sorta okay ones like we’ve been getting since, well, ever.

Good point areostarmonk. I shouldn’t judge a movie just based on bad continuity with the story. I guess I’ll wait and see what my friends think about it.

I love XMen and X2, so I’m vaguely interested in this. If this is nothing like The LAst Stand, chances are I’ll like it. :stuck_out_tongue: Heck, I tolerated XMen Origins: Wolverine. I’m not too picky with XMen. 8D

I wish I could be like you IV. I’m very picky when it comes to marvel hero movies.

I like most of them, except The LAst Stand, Spiderman 3, somewhat XMen Origins, and the Hulk and Daredevil movies.

The only ones that I really love include all of the X-men except Wolverine (except for Deadpool’s character), Iron Man 1 and 2, Spiderman 1 and 2, and Fantastic 4 1.

Oh I forgot, I dislike both F4 movies. I haven’t seen IronMan 2, but I lobe the original.

besides Professor X and Magneto, what other Xmen are featured in this?

Mystique, but seeing that Magneto is in his mid 30’s, it confuses me as to why Mystique would still be even alive at this early a period. Umm, i think Wolverine is in this one, since he doesn’t age, Angel, Storm, and i can’t think of any others.

From what I’ve seen TSS its a little earlier… and Wolverine isn’t part of this feature at all from my ideas… and multiple viewings of the trailers due to work’s big promo on the film

Beast, Mystique, Emma Frost and Havok

BUt considering what is released 4 weeks previous in the UK (The FANTASTIC Thor)… and then in the 4 weeks which follow (DC’s Green Lantern and Marvel’s First Avenger)… I’m not 100% sold on it… however will see it…cause the promos and print media I’ve built has made interest!

Seen it and it is excellent… some lovely cameos and in-jokes Wolverine and Prof X hair loss Excellent sequences… and a great overall story!

Quite easily a first class film… Bring on the Second Semester!

Now thinknig some Incredibles fanfiction on the same type of topic would and could work… But then that’s only a thought!

I’ll be at the movie theater this weekend, reviews are stellar so far!!!

I’ve heard excellent reviews about this movie so far. I think I’ve changed my mind about it.

I really enjoyed this movie. It was really cool seeing all the characters use their superpowers, and I thought the acting was extremely strong across the board. James McAvoy is just amazing.

And I agree that the humor throughout the film was great.

I’m glad you enjoyed it love70ways.

Thanks TSS! I am a DC over Marvel guy, but I have to admit that I think the X-Men are really cool.

I actually like both DC and Marvel, but the X-Men were the first marvel heroes introduced to me when I was really little.