Futurama (UK) New Episodes on Sky1 (Rant)

Something that really p**ses me off is that Sky1 still hasn’t shown the new Comedy Central episodes of Futurama, the really p/ses me off part being that (source: TV Tropes) Sky1’s convinced that no one’s really interested in Futurama anymore. That is such bullcp where do I begin?

First, the reason the new episodes even exist is fan demand, right? There was a big enough fan uproar when they just wanted to change the voice actors. There’s definitely no one interested in the show, right? Secondly, when Sky1 announced they would show the Futurama movies they actually said, and I quote: “A huge hit with fans and critics alike, Futurama is light years ahead of its rivals, scaling the heady heights of The Simpsons with its sharp-tongued wit and on-the-nose observations.” But no one’s interested, are they?

There’s a bit of this in a Wired article about the new Futurama episodes. “Sky One holds broadcasting rights in the UK for Futurama, however when asked, a Sky One spokesperson told Wired: “We have no plans to show the new series of Futurama at the moment. The decision is yet to be made.” Lame.” “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to pen an argumentative column about why only showing the new episodes in one country will force people to download it illegally.” He has a good point.

I’ve read a few people think the episodes will air when Season 6 finished (although they already have the Volume 5 DVD there). If that’s true, then despite probably taking months, we’ll at least get the new episodes at some point. But if it’s not, then people behind Sky1 are stupid.

To quote Bender, “We’re Back, Baby!”