Favorite singers

As opposed to listing off groups, are there any specific singers you guys really like? Here’s a few that come to mind for me:

• Freddie Mercury
  • Mick Jagger
  • David Bowie
  • Lou Reed
  • Olivia Newton John
  • Syd Barrett
  • John Lennon
  • Brian May
  • Paul McCartney
  • George Harrison
  • Jim Morrison
  • Robert Plant
  • Michael Jackson
  • Nico
  • Gale Garnett
  • Kurahashi Yoeko
  • Maureen Tucker
  • Ringo Starr

Curiously, only four of mine are female…surely there’s more…

That’s cool, Leirin! :smiley: Everyone will hate me, but I’ll share mine anyway. I hate most singers, and the ones I do like are usually pretty hated. Especially 'round these parts. And I have few girls, too! I usually dislike girls, anyway, though. Singing, acting…they…annoy me somehow. I’m lucky to like thew girls on this forum. 8D And if someone sings a song that hurts my pride in regards to who I am, my religion, or my politics, I hate them then. So, I hate…a lot of them…particularly women.

-Johnny Cash(the one real Country guy I appreciate, hahaha)
-Matt Powell
-Lady Gaga----
-Taylor Swift----Yep, my 3 lady singers. Yeah, slim pickin’s.
-Adele----
-Mark Hall
-Rob Thomas
-Freddie Mercury–Thanks, Dad and Leirin! 8D
-George Harrison
-Paul McCartney
-Don McLean
-Johnny Diaz
-Roger Waters(I know he played bass in Pink Floyd, but my dad has a concert of just him and some back-up girls where he sings)
-Elton John
-Phil Collins
-Ray charles

Yeah, that’s all I remember. I hate most music. Sorry. I like most all Disney music, but I don’t want to list those people, because I don’t know what else they may have done.

Excellent list IV!! Very diverse. :smiley: Y’know, I agree, I dislike probably the majority of singers… and most female artists these days are just trashy and sing things I disagree with :neutral_face: Most female celebrities get on my nerves. Although the ones I listed are quite tame.

I agree entirely. I dislike most female actresses, singers, movie characters, heiresses, musicians, and just female celebrities in general. There are some I appreciate, but very few. 8D And thanks! I like your list as well.

Well, typically, I don’t have favorite artists. I just have favorite songs. But I have a lot of Ne-yo songs on my ipod.

Frank Turner
Shugo Tokumaru
Phil Collins
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
Jonsi
Katy Perry
Billy Joel
Jamie T, although technically a rapper
Emmy The Great
Adele
Marina And The Diamonds
Jeremy Warmsley

Oh, and Rihanna! 8D

-Randy Newman
-Owl City
-Maroon 5
-Rob Thomas
-Matchbox Twenty
-OneRepublic

Demi Lovato - only one I would buy CD’s from.
Hilary Duff - songs from the Lizzie McGuire movie
Vanessa Hudgens - at least “When There was Me and You”
Rebecca Black - well, I’m not sure yet, because her music video was removed from Youtube before I got to see it. But I WANT to like her because everyone else hates her.

EDIT: And Ashley Tisdale. I usually do not approve of new singers re-doing classic Disney songs, but Ashley Tisdale made “Kiss the Girl” an actually good song. When Sebasastian sang it, it was one of the top five worst Disney songs of all time. But with Ashley Tisdale, it sounds beautiful.

So you’ve never actually heard her, you just want to like her to go against the grain? :confused:

Yeah. What’s wrong with that?

I guess I’m just applying my Yugioh philosophy to everything else. I hate when people call cards I love “bad” just because they don’t help one in a competitive match. Games aren’t meant for competitiveness; they are meant for fun.

Now, there was a girl who was a senior in high school when I was in ninth grade, who liked to sing and whose voice I found annoying…but now I would like to go back and hear her again…anyway, if Rebecca Black sounds like her, then maybe I wouldn’t like Rebecca Black.

But the other ones I mentioned I have heard and liked.

I love singer-songwriters. They’re the best :smiley:

-Vanessa Carlton is my absolute favorite
-Missy Higgins
-Christina Perri
-Disney music and movie scores

^ These are my life :smiley:

Goodlist Evangeline! I like Vanessa Carlton and Christina Perri too.

Nice, Evangeline!

Definitely adding Michael Jackson to my list. It didn’t hit me how much I like him 'til I turned on Smooth Criminal today. Miss you, MJ… :frowning:

Thanks guys! Christina Perri went to a highschool right around where I live, pretty neat stuff :smiley:

I remember exactly where I was when I heard MJ died. Jeez, I can’t believe how long ago that was.

MJ actually died on my prom night. Not going to forget that anytime soon. :slight_smile:

^ Aww :frowning:

I can’t believe it’s been two years without him already. Also two years without Farrah Fawcett or Billy Mays. :open_mouth:

Um, my favorite song is “Tangled Up in Me,” sung by a female whose name I don’t know. I looked it up on Google but the lyrics I read there did not match the lyrics from the song on the video.

^And I would say something about how Michael Jackson is equal in my mind to Mao Zedong, but I fear it will get in my trouble, so I will keep mum.

Good list Leonarddonald

Great taste Leonarddonald! :smiley: All of those are very talented!

Leirin: Well, I wouldn’t really call Justin Bieber talented. :unamused: