Owl City

What does everyone think of Owl City? Personally, he’s my favorite band. I’m a guy, BTW. 8D But seriously, opinions on him.

Owl City is awesome! Adam Young is one of the few modern music artists I actually listen to. :stuck_out_tongue: Have you heard his new album that just came out? And if you like him, you should check out some of his other projects too, like Sky Sailing and Port Blue.

I think their song Fireflies is kind of strange, but they can be enjoyable to listen to if one gives them a chance.

I have pretty much every song with his vocals on it on my MP3 player, including all the Sky Sailing songs. xD

Personally, Fireflies is the only Owl City song I don’t like. xD Oh, and it’s only one person, Adam Young. :stuck_out_tongue:

Forster, isn’t All Things Bright and Beautiful just awesome? I love it! :smiley:

Yes, yes, it’s amazing! Better than Ocean Eyes, IMO.

I have never heard of Owl City, what is it?

He is a “synthpop” artist who has done a ton of stuff, including Fireflies, which I’m sure everyone has heard since when it was released, it got major rotation on AC Hot 40 stations. His newest album is All Things Bright and Beautiful, which came out June 14th. More info here.

I’ll admit it, the only song I’ve heard is Fireflies, but I love it! I need to listen to more Owl City!

I think some of his songs are good, i really don’t like all his songs :wink:

I went though a period where I was obsessed with their song Fireflies, I like listened to it non-stop for ages. I’ve kinda gotten over it now which means I should look into their other stuff. Can anyone suggest some of their best songs to try?

I’m not the biggest fan of their style, but I like it for what it is. :slight_smile: They are a good group. And I think Adam Young is a great influence for this generation (which I hope doesn’t sound silly 8D ). I love that he credits God on his album sleeves.

I’ve heard their song Galaxies on the radio a number of times, and I love that song. Stumbling upon this thread, however, I went and listened to some samples of their other songs, and I really like their style and the voice of the singer… I think they’re one of my new favorite bands. Now I’ll have to go get some of their songs. :laughing: :sunglasses:

P.S.- Is Owl City just one guy, or a group of people? Kinda confused… :slight_smile:

^It’s mainly driven by Adam Young who is their singer, but it is multiple people.

Well, it’s really just Adam with some help from his friends.

I have only listened to fireflies and sunburn.

There’s some new Owl City that was released on Tuesday called Lonely Lullaby. It’s fantastic. It’s also relatively sad compared to the other stuff he’s done.

I love Owl City. I’ve got his three albums on my ipod. I love his lyrics. :slight_smile: My favourite song is If My Heart Was A House.

Adam Young is amazing. I have all his Owl City songs, including Enchanted xD and all his Port Blue and Sky Sailing and Swimming with Dolphin songs and most of his other songs from his other projects.

Yeah. Sort of a fan. :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite song of his would have to be The Yacht Club from his new album.

Eh, not too big of a fan of The Yatch Club. My favorites from ATBB are The Real World, Angels, and Plant Life. Actually Honey and the Bee probably makes that list too. But any fellow Adam Young fan is awesome! :smiley:

I love Sky Sailing so much. An Airplane Carried Me to Bed is, in my opinion, his best work and my favorite music album of all time. :stuck_out_tongue: