Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

youtube.com/watch?v=JerVrbLldXw

So here’s Marvel’s other superhero product for the summer, with Chris Evans playing the eponymous role and Joe Johnston of “The Rocketeer” and “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” fame at the helm.

Initially this was the superhero flick I had the least optimism for as Johnston is coming off a colossal misfire in his remake of The Wolfman. However, he seems to be more in his element here doing another story drenched in family-friendly Americana. And with Thor turning out to be a solid Marvel entry, I’m looking forward to this all the more.

I’m partial on this movie. I’m excited for it, at the same time, I’m not. I’m probably gonna end up watching it anyways.

I had no interest in this movie until I saw the trailer before HP 7 Part 2. I doubt I’ll see it in theatres, but I hope to see it in the future.

I’m probably see this in theates, now that my twin bro told me his favorite marvel hero is Captain America.

Just got back from an advanced screening. This movie is a must. It is possibly the best superhero film I have ever seen, and that’s saying something considering The Incredibles & The Dark Knight. If you liked Iron Man and Valkyrie, this movie is for you, because it’s 20x better than either of those.

Thanks for your review Tow Mater! It defintely heightned my interest in the film.

More than likely, I’m going to watch this film. I hope to do so this weekend. BUt we’ll see.

I watched it just today! So awesome. It had a lot more of a Drama effect though, even if it’s not a bad thing. Stay after the credits! Same as the other Marvel movies. I can’t wait for Avengers…

I still haven’t watched this movie yet. I hope to do so sometime this weekend.

I just found out that the famed Alan Menken is responsible for some of the music (though I’m not sure if he wrote that annoying song they were singing) That’s one up for Pixar’s mother company, then.

i watched Captain America a few days back. The Dialogue and Awesome CGI Affects were all good, but i did notice some plot gaps and also how they used millions upon millions of explosive effects to overshadow the plot gaps from being seen. But, it was a good movie nonetheless, but i was expecting Captain America to die of old age, not to be [spoil]cryogenically frozen.[/spoil]

That annoying song (which I actually like) is in fact his one credit

Really? Whoa. He’s a genuis, even if that song is seriously…annoying…AAARGH ASDFGHJKL!!! :imp:

I saw the movie, and I admit, it was good.

And I’m sure to be tomatoed for this, but I thought the showtune song was kinda cool and added some lightheartedness to the movie. But then again, that’s my opinion.

I suppose it did, but until now, it won’t get out of my head. I thought I’d kicked it when I watched Game of Thrones and got the intro song in my head then my sister started humming the Captain America one and…now I can’t remember the Game of Thrones theme. :confused: That’s why it’s kinda annoying!!
But a bit of lightheartedness is welcome. This movie was so…sad, especially at the end. :cry:

The Showtune song was embarrassing but not annoying for me. I don’t recall Captain America being a fashion model!