Movies you've cried in

Not sure if there’s a thread or this already, but I’m curious-- which movies have made you cry? :-\

The only recent ones I can remember crying in were Tangled when they released the lanterns, and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when they all raised their wands for Dumbledore. As strange as it is, I didn’t cry at the end of Toy Story 3. All my friends were bawling their eyes out and I was just sitting there quietly. :confused:

I’ve only cried in Episode III and a little in Return of the King. Not because they were particularly moving, but because they ended an important era for me (Specially Star Wars)

Toy Story 3 also ended a very important era, and I felt like crying a lot, but I contained myself. Maybe it was more happiness/sadness that what can possible be expressed with tears. Like Draik, I just remained there, quietly. Same with Up.

Besides that, I cried with the Deathly Hallows book. The film wasn’t moving at all, as practically every emotion was removed from it. The only part that made my eyes tingle was [spoil]when the Harry’s Wondrous World theme began to play, just because I wished for that for years. And still, it wasn’t because of the movie. Just because John Williams has that effect on me.[/spoil]

I still can’t watch Toy Story 2 or 3 without crying. I’ve also cried at Tangled and Return of the King. I can’t think of any more right now.

On the near end of Wall-E, i didn’t necessarily cried, I desperately protested for a better end.

The Boy in Striped Pajamas
The Iron Giant
Pinocchio
Dumbo
Lady and the Tramp
The Jungle Book
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Tarzan
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc,
Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up
The Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Toy Story 3
Grave of the Fireflies
Spirited Away
Howl’s Moving Castle
Ponyo
How to Train Your Dragon

In other words, a lot. Every Pixar movie but A Bug’s Life and the Cars films. :open_mouth:

Edit: Just thought I’d note that I only cry at a few of these consistently. This is just a list of films I’ve ever cried at, period. A lot of them are from when I was really young, or I was having an off day at the time of watching.

At the end of one of the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I don’t remember which one. [spoil]When Jack got sucked into something, and I thought he was going to die. They looked for him in the next movie, so I was relieved.[/spoil]

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader [spoil]when they are on the beach with Aslan near the big waterfall[/spoil]

Off the top of my head:
Forrest Gump
Up
Toy Story 3
Mary & Max
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Probably a few more, but I’m not really much of a crier.

Yeah, same here, I didn’t really cry at the end of it (I did get like a tear or two in my eyes, but I didn’t really cry), the only part that even made me cry is when Rex mentions Bo Peep. That, and the look on Woody’s face almost made me turn into an running faucet.

I’m actually not a person that cries alot in movies. But there are movies where I try to hold back my tears. Toy Story 3 for one.

I think any depressing end to a movie i’ve seen i’ve not nearly cried but more flailed out in a hopeless desire for a better end.

I recently rented “The Music Never Stopped” (it was released last Tuesday, check your local video rental store to see if they have it - it’s a small title) and oh man, I cried it was such a cruel/heartbreaking ending.

And, my friend recently made me watch “PS I Love You”. Cried during that as well.

Wow that’s a lot @Leirin :slight_smile:)

A lot of you have cried in Pixar movies, I see! they really touch the hart don’t they? I’ve cried in Toy Story 2, Up, Deathly Hallows (sob!) Iron Giant, Shakespeare in Love and Dead Poet Society (watch it, it’s so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.) And I darn nearly cried in Captain America, too. For some reason I didn’t cry in TS3…I let go a long time ago, this was just the final cut. Literally. :slight_smile:

I didn’t exactly ball my eyes out, but probably just a couple tears.

The Lion King
Forest Gump
Titanic
E.T.
Monster’s Inc
Finding Nemo
Click
Up
Toy Story 3

Up-The most I’ve ever cried in a movie. EVER.
Toy Story 2&3
Finding Nemo
Monsters, Inc.
Tangled
Wall-E
Beauty and the Beast
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
The Iron Giant
The Boy in Striped Pajamas
Forrest Gump
Tarzan
Prince of Egypt
HtTYD
Kung Fu Panda 2

The vast majority of Pixar films.
Tarzan.
Forrest Gump.
AI Artificail Intelligence.
Pay It Forward.
Deathly Hallows Part 1.
Tangled.
Kung Fu Panda 2 8D

A LOT of movies make me cry. Here are the ones I can think of quickly.

Harry and the Hendersons - Towards the end when the hunters were about to catch up with Harry and the family, and Harry doesn’t want to leave the family, even after the father gets a bit verbal and physically abusive towards him gets me everytime.

Walle - The first act makes me cry because I can relate to it. The space dance also makes me cry because it’s so beautiful.

The Outsiders - The ending where Ponyboy reads the note while the Stevie Wonder song Stay Gold plays always gets me.

How to Train Your Dragon
Up
Toy Story 3
Toy Story 2
My Left Foot
E.T.
The Iron Giant
Titanic
Edward Scissorhands
Boys in the Hood
Grave of the Fireflies
There Will Be Blood

I’ve always wondered what is it about the first Toy Story that makes people cry. Pixar films have always had heart, but they didn’t make me cry until Toy Story 2.

Toy Story 3
Tangled
The Fox and the Hound

Boy, I cry in a lot of movies, don’t I? :stuck_out_tongue:

K9girl: You just posted three. Not really a lot. But I’m assuming that you have a soft spot when watching movies.

Yeah, I know it’s not a lot, I’m just kidding. :wink: I do tear up often, though.