Singin' In The Rain (1952)

I love Singin’ In The Rain. There are so many great numbers in it. Gene Kelly is an amazing actor, singer, dancer and director. So post your thoughts on this wonderful film.

Singin’ in the Rain is a fantastic film, and has always been one of my favorites since I saw it in 6th Grade. It’s beautifully directed, has great numbers, and is laugh out loud funny. Gene Kelly is such a talented performer, this is the greatest tribute to him imaginable. :sunglasses:

I absolutely agree with you.

I can’t stand this movie. It’s an excuse for mediocre recycled songs and Gene Kelly, while one of the best dancers that ever lived, was such a monster of a human being offscreen that his seemingly charming onscreen performances feel stale and phony.

Just because the songs are recycled doens’t mean they’re mediocre, and releasing them in a big budget picture like this is a great way to introduce some fantastic songs viewers might not have known about otherwise.

What? :open_mouth: Um, okay then.

Well, I LOVE Singin’ In The Rain!Debbie Reynolds is awesome, and I love Gene Kelly’s acting, dancing, and singing. I can’t think of anything I don’t love about it. shrug

I don’t dislike the songs because they’re recycled; I don’t like them because they’re boring… just like the rest of the movie.

Well, I personally disagree. :slight_smile: If that’s how you feel, than fair enough. This is all opinion.

That’s true, it’s just one opinion.

I’m not that big in musicals, but I like this one a lot. I like the comedy.

I agree.

Yes, parts are hilarious. I really like the dancing the best think.

I don’t really care about the dancing. In any film.

But I love the part when they first release their movie 8D

Oh. Sorry. Well, I still really like the dancing. I love when he dances up the wall! 8D

I love the dancing in it.

A few weeks ago, a contributor named Paw on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com did a review of Singing in the Rain. If you haven’t seen it, I thought I’d share it with you (it has some mild adult content, but nothing too bad): thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … n-the-rain

We watched this in my drama class once. It was certainly not what I expected. i’m not sure what I did expect but I guess I didnt realize it was a musical comedy. My teacher said though that Gene Kelly wanted someone else to play the female lead (i forget who) and that led to some bad vibes on the set I guess. I found it amusing though. I like the Good Morning song

Good Morning is one of my favorites. :smiley: Along with Beautiful Girl.

My favorite number in terms of the dancing is “Moses Supposes”.