What films are you anticipating this fall?

What films are you anticipating this fall?

• The Adventures of Tintin (Steven Spielberg)
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (Mike Mitchell)
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (David Fincher)
  • Happy Feet Two (George Miller)
  • Hugo (Martin Scorsese)
  • Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Brad Bird)
  • The Muppets (James Bobin)
  • Puss in Boots (Chris Miller)
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (Guy Ritchie)
  • Tower Heist (Brett Ratner)
  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (Bill Condon)
  • War Horse (Steven Spielberg)
  • Other

0 voters

The summer has come and gone, and now we enter the season of prestige pictures and kids films jam-packed through the holidays. Any of these films look good to you? Or maybe you’re paying more attention to the less commercial but more Oscarbaity stuff like The Ides of March, Moneyball, or J. Edgar.

I’m really looking forward to the two Spielberg films, as well as The Muppets, Dragon Tattoo, MI4, and to a lesser extent Puss and Holmes.

None of those films interest me at all except for Holmes and Tintin.

I ticked Happy Feet 2, Mission Impossible 4, Puss in Boots, Sherlock Holmes 2, Tower Heist and Other. I hesitated over TinTin because the trailers have still been disappointing to me and I need to see more before I can fully say I am looking forward to it. Still keeping my options open because I’m a fan of the comics, just not very confident with the ‘Uncanny Valley’ and ‘floaty animation’ vibe the trailers are giving off.

I’m a fan of Happy Feet, George Miller, and Animal Logic, so HF2 is a lock-in for me. MI4 because I’m a fan of the franchise and I’m eager to see Brad Bird direct a live-action spy movie after his work with The Incredibles. Puss because I’m a fan of Antonio and Salma and the trailer won me over. Sherlock Holmes similarly for the actors (Robert and Jude have good ‘buddy chemistry’) and the trailer. Tower Heist because I like the idea of Ben and Eddie being (or at least, attempting to be) high-stakes thieves.

The ‘other’ I ticked was for ‘Killer Elite’. Robert, Jason, and Clive in one action film is too good to miss. While the trailer touts it as based on a true story, I think it should be more ‘inspired by’ since the source, a book, is rather dubious with its facts. But yeah, the trailer is one of the best next to Fast Five for its use of a classic rock number. The cheeseball lines, fun action sequences and that shot of the lady’s butt sealed the deal for me.

Killer Elite Trailer 2

The Muppets definitely. I’m also looking forward to the 3d release of The Lion King. But that’s about it really.

I think all of the holiday blockbusters aren’t that promising this year unlike last year.

For me, it’s only MI4. sorry.

MI4 looks pretty cool. I’m interested to see how Brad Bird does with his first live action film.

Exactly. And, I highly doubt it, but it would make my year if it had some obscure The Incredibles references in it.

The only one I really care about is ‘The Muppets’. Everything else I really just don’t care about.

Muppets. Mission Impossible. Tintin

I probably won’t see Tintin in theaters, but the other two I plan on going with. I’ve already got my sister on board to see the Muppets with me.

OK, I change my mind. The Muppets and (possibly) Breaking Dawn.

Sherlock Holms, Puss n Boots, The Three Musketeers, and Mission Impossible 4.

I plan to watch Drive Firday. I am also looking forward to Puss and Boots and Ides of March.

I guess Puss N Boots. Least is Breaking down.

I might be a little excited for Puss in Boots now if any of the Shrek characters are in it.

It looks good so far.

I’m personally excited for Puss n’ Boots because he is not only my favorite Shrek chracter, but the movie look pretty cool too.

I kind of take back of what I first said about Puss in Boots. It does look pretty decent and could possibly be a good spinoff. I just hope they end the entire Shrek series here.

Agreed Ballboi. But I think it wouldn’t surprise me that Dreamwork would tackle another Puss n Boots adventure, regardless how good or bad the Puss n’ Boots movie does.

I think they should only have one movie for him, if they want to make a short though, more power to them.