Bridesmaids (2011)

The DVD/Blu Ray came out this week, so a thread for this seems appropriate. It was a hit at the box office and has 90% on Rotten Tomatoes

Personally, I thought it was ok but it seems the supporting character everyone else loves is the one I absolutely hated. The grossout scenes were unnecessary as a whole.

I went to the theater to see this movie having only read a glowing review about it. I didn’t see any trailers our hear anybody speak highly of it. I was a bit apprehensive about seeing it because it’s a Judd Apatow film that’s over two hours long. I like his films, but they end up being so slow during the third act. Not enough laughs and way to much drama. But I went ahead and watched it because of the glowing review I read. I ended up loving this film! And I realized something at the end of it. It was the first time I’ve ever cared about the characters in a comedy film. I’ve seen plently that made me laugh. But I’ve never cared if friendships and relationships were mended in a comedy film. I was entertained throughout the while movie. But I do have two negative things to say about the film. The airplane scene went on far to long. It wasn’t all that funny in the first place. And the dress fitting scene was a bit much. But those scenes didn’t hurt the movie overall IMO. When I was telling somebody how I wasn’t bored during the third act, they pointed out the fact that Apatow didn’t write it. That explained it.

I saw this movie just last month. I enjoyed it, I thought itwas funny and I thought it was a fine story. I liked how different all the bridesmades were.