The Munsters

Its around Halloween and I was just wondering if anyone else loves The Munsters as much as I do.

Love The Munsters! Here’s a little trivia: The creators fought the network to make the series black and white even though color was already available. The made-for-TV movies (after the series was cancelled) are living proof that color and The Munsters don’t mix.

I’ve seen the pilot episode that was in color and it just didnt look right. I’m going to be Lily for Halloween.

I love the Munsters!!! It’s actually one of my favorite TV shows.

It is my favorite show! I think Lily is the best.

It’s like my 5th favorite show ever or something. I really like it, and I agree about Lily. She and Herman are my favorites. :smiley:

Do you have a favorite episode?

Not really, because I only get to watch it when they play it on TV around Halloween. I know, I’m a terrible fan. Don’t stone me! hides

I’ve heard of this! I’ve actually always wanted to see it; my best friend’s mom recommended it to me, I think she knows my taste pretty well. I just need to find a means of watching it…

Go on Youtube and type in “The Munsters episodes”. One of my favorites is “Lily’s Star Boarder”.

What do you think about Lily and Herman’s relationship. There are lots of times when they dont seem very close.

I like the Munsters a lot. In fact I was inspired to draw Lily (which I posted in my thread in the Non-Pixar Art section). I dont mind the Addams family, but if I had to choose, I’ll always pick the Munsters. I think I like Grandpa the best. Herman is very funny though too. One of my favorites is the one with the Beatniks and Herman does a beat poem. And the one where the Standells sing “I wanna Hold Your Hand” (Or was that the same ep? maybe. I havent seen them in a long time)

I think Herman and Lily were very close. After all, they were the first, or at least one of the first, couples to be shown sleeping in the same bed :wink: The way they flirt with each other can be cute. Yes, they have fights and disagreements, but that makes it more interesting. And lets not forget, Herman can be kinda ‘naive’ to say the least, which could be aggravating at times. But if ever Herman was in trouble, Lily would do everything possible to make sure he was alright.

I love that episode! But Lily has come very close to leaving before too.

I’ve never actually seen The Munsters.