What's your favorite horror genere(s) and why?

I love slasher movies the most. They are just such fun to watch. Some people hate em due to the gore, some say 'It’s just some stupid teens getting chased by some killer, who the heck likes these movies?" I do! I find them very fun to watch. I think my favorite slasher movie is Final Destination 5. You may think it’s not a slasher cause there is no killer, but there really is, death itself.

I’m actually not a fan of horror movies. But i guess I’m more of a horror parody kind of person.

Well that’s your opinion which I respect. Judging by how much you love The Incredibles, I bet you like superhero movies the most.

I do. I’m just not able to sit through a movie knowing that something creepy or surprising is going to happen. Everytime I step out of that theatre or house watching a horror movie, I get a chill that the events that happened in the movie will happen to me.

I know this is way off-topic, but annarborjack I’d like to ask you to change your signature. It’s much too large and greatly exceeds the size limit of 550p wide by 180p high. Thanks for your cooperation!

little chef

I don’t know if there’s a specific type of horror film I enjoy, but I do like anything that explores psychological trauma within the main character(s). Some of my favorite horror movies are Alien, Psycho, The Shining, The Exorcist, [REC], The Descent, Peeping Tom, Cat People, The Host (no, really), and Suspiria.

So I s’pose you could say that I’m not into slasher films, but I’ll find them entertaining enough sometimes.

I’m going to find a nice replacement for my signature. And no offense to any of you guys, but all the replies are of you saying “How I like slasher movies I guess!” No offense, but this isn’t the “annarborjack likes slasher movies!” topic.

Horror is the only film genre I’m not into. I particularly dislike slasher and other sub-genres that have been over-exploited in teen films.

Gothic plots I do like, and there are some I even love. That’s the closest thing to horror I like.

This is getting way too off topic.

Uhm… Then the title isn’t good, because I read all the posts and they’re on topic.

I agree, haha.

The most recent horror movie I’ve seen for the first time is The Fly, which was sillier than it was good, but I nevertheless enjoyed it.

The first version or the Cronenberg one?

Sorry, I forgot to say. Cronenberg, of course.

If anything, I like J-horror, like Ringu, or parody horror like Shaun of the Dead. But the genre isn’t really my thing.

This was supposed to be a topic for people to discuss their favorite genre, yet your all talking about how I like horror movies. Yeah, I like horror movies, I wanna hear about what your favorite movie genre is.

Well, my favorite genre of movies include action/adventure, and comedy

I guess the title is misleading, then, because it asks what horror genre we like.

Outside of the horror genre, I s’pose you could say I like “dramedies.” I like it when movies make me both laugh and feel moved, which is probably why I like a lot of animated films, because they fall into that category. Some other genres, like art-house dramas and documentaries, interest me.

Least favorite: Action!

The title clearly states it’s about horror, so yes, it’s misleading.

And no, we weren’t talking about you, anyway, but about our own tastes.

Wait, wait, I put that? No, a mod must have put that. I know I said 'What’s your favorite genre(s) and why?" A mod must have changed it.

No, a mod didn’t change it.

All our moves are registered.