Best Movie Of 2011 In Your Opinion and Why?

What was your favorite movie of 2011.

• Final Destination 5
  • Hugo
  • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2
  • Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
  • Cars 2
  • The Tree Of Life
  • Fright Night
  • Other

0 voters

Mine is Final Destination 5 because it has a lots of gore and scares. It’s a lot of fun to watch.

It’s a toughie. My favourites are a toss up between Super 8, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 and The Adventures of Tintin, but the most compelling films and best films I saw were Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and We Need To Talk About Kevin. All are awesome films for different reasons, so i’ll explain induvidually.
Super 8: A very entertaining, old school film. I had an awful lot of fun watching this, and the performances by the child actors were fantastic. The film felt very much reminiscent of The Goonies, and that is always a good thing :mrgreen:
Harry Potter: A stellar end to a stellar series. I’m not sure what else I can say tbh, it was just so well made and put together and concluded.
Tintin: I’ve raved a lot about this film already, see The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn thread :mrgreen:
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy: Some excellent performances by the cream of the crop of British acting (which is always a good thing!) and if Gary Oldman gets snubbed an Oscar nomination I think I may cry. Very tense, very engaging, I really loved this, even if I forgot to turn my phone off and it started vibrating during the film :blush:
We Need To Talk About Kevin: Oh my goodness, what a tense and beautifully made film. And Tilda Swinton needs an Oscar nomination. This is quite a phenomenal piece of cinema, and I’m sort of gutted I only saw it recently.

But there were so many! Hugo, War Horse, Arthur Christmas, Chico and Rita, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Attack The Block and Rise of the Planet of the Apes all deserves mentions! :smiley:

Harry Potter, Captain America, X-Men: First Class, Green Lantern, The Muppets and Cars 2. In my opinion, 2011 was a PERFECT year for movies!

Probably either Hugo, Source Code, Cars 2, Mission Impossible, Ip Man 2, or Super 8.

My top picks are currently Poetry, The Artist, Hugo, and The Descendants. However, there are a few movies I still want to see, such as Midnight in Paris, Take Shelter, The Interrupters, and The Help.

50/50 was terrific. Without a doubt my favorite film of the year.

I haven’t seen too many movies last year so I can’t make a judgment on what was the best. But if I had to go with what I’ve seen, I would go with Rango.

Oh, The Artist, by far. It was a stunning film to watch. It was also something new and fresh. It had drama and comedy. Great costumes, story, and music. Not to mention the acting! I did have a couple of problems with it, but overall it was fantastic, and I defintely reccomend it.

My second and third place goes to Rango and The Muppets.

Wow, there really aren’t a lot of voting options. 8D

Voted Hugo. I really do think I came away from that movie the most emotionally satisfied and all-around impressed with of all the movies from 2011 I saw. The Help and Cars 2 are my other choices. But yeah, the voting list really could stand to be longer…

Haha, I know. None of them are in my top three. BUt to be fair, I haven’t seen half of them anyways.

Cars 2 is probably my favorite. A very close second would have to be The Muppets, and third would be Winnie the Pooh.

War Horse!

I voted for Cars 2. I really liked that one and Kung Fu Panda 2.

1. The Artist
  2. Hugo
  3. Rango
  4. The Descendents
  5. The Muppets

There are still a few indie/foreign dramas I haven’t seen from last year (A Separation, Martha Marcy May Marlene, The Skin I Live In, Pina, Melancholia) and a few major “artsy”/Oscar bait films (War Horse, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close) but here’s my updated list.

1. Hugo
  2. Poetry
  3. Take Shelter
  4. The Artist
  5. Project Nim
  6. Young Adult
  7. Midnight in Paris
  8. The Interrupters
  9. The Descendants
  10. The Help
  1. The Muppets
  2. Cars 2
  3. Hugo
  4. The Adventures of Tin Tin
  5. Rio

It actually took quite a bit of thought to make this list. However, I decided on The Muppets as my #1. I just love how much fun that movie is.

It is such a fun movie, I ordered it. Should be here on Thursday!

Long men fei ija

The best movie from 2011, in my case of opinion, is Cars 2–which I still believe does not deserve all the hate it continues to recieve today. The idea for that movie was all for the purpose of story, not money. Enough said.

evspixarfan2012