Movies that you like and a lot of people seem to hate

Prometheus comes to mind first. There are a lot of other that I can’t think of right now.

[size=50]The 1998 Godzilla[/size]

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace: In a weird sort of way I actually like it and all its cheesiness.

The Avengers (1998)
The Mod Squad
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Chicken Little
Igor
Astro Boy

Home on the Range. I just thought it was a fun movie and I liked Steve Buscemi’s character.

Everything and anything that’s animated. I’m… sure I elaborated on that sometime earlier. I just can’t stand hatred on anything animated because it means a lot to me and I know how tough it is to make. ;_;

I’d definitely agree with Prometheus, it’s my favorite of the year because it’s manages to work as movies-are-entertainment, and film-as-an-art-form.

Also:

A.I. Artificial Intelligence
[spoil]My favorite movie, forced into disappointment through ravage nitpicking and Kubrick vs Spielberg opinions.[/spoil]

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch
[spoil]A smart and fun tribute to B-movies while offering clever social commentary on the consuming economies of children-fueled holidays, incredible music, and Dan O’Herlihy’s performance of his career.
People were expecting a brainless slasher film, and panned the movie when they realized it wasn’t one.[/spoil]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
[spoil]Terribly flawed and with too many silly moments to ever be taken seriously, but it all comes down to whether or not you find Willie annoying. I know a lot of people like her in real life, so I thought it was clever to put Indy on his toes between a demonic cult and unusual sidekicks.[/spoil]

The 1998 Godzilla movie.

I agree with this.

Not too many others come to mind, although I’m sure there’s some.

A lot of people hate Temple of Doom? I didn’t know that. Well I guess that’s one I like a lot of people seem to hate. Another one is The Amazing Spider-Man. Well, it seems like 50% liked it as much as I did, and the other 50% hated it.

I also gotta say The Amazing Spiderman. I think what I loved to so much about this movie was the chemistry between Emma and Andrew. I think the quiet romantic moments between them are the best thing about this movie. Which is no suprise since I LOVED the directors movie 500 Days of Summer. It really saved this movie that was suppose to tell the untold story about Peter. I hope he returns to direct the sequel. Oh, and this movie has my favorite Stan Lee cameo.

Godzilla’s Revenge, Godzilla vs Megalon

X-Men: The Last Stand.

Do people dislike Superman 2? The critical reception seems pretty good but I was wondering if anyone hated it for being cheesy. Hm. Well I enjoyed it.

I think the general consensus is positive^^, but a few people don’t like it (as with any film). I know I love it.

I liked the characterization a lot. :slight_smile:

I also feel like a lot of people hate Corpse Bride (although again the general consensus is pretty positive). Far from a GREAT film, but I like it a lot!

Atlantis

^Yes. This, so much!
All my friends like it, luckily. It’s criminally underrated.

Atlantis is the only Disney movie I started watching and I never finished.

Edit: Pocahantas is another Disney movie I’ve never finished. These are the only two.

Muppets From Space gets a lot of hate, especially from the more die hard Muppet fans. But I love it, in spite of all the flaws that it has.

I know! Every time someone says they don’t remember it or it’s boring, I want to cry. 8D