Composer speculation

I’ve seen this mentioned on

another topic, and it seem like a good question: Who will score WALL-E ?

Since Andrew Stanton is helming

this film, I think Thomas Newman is the composer. He did Stanton’s previous Pixar effort, Finding Nemo, so why

not this film? What do you guys think?

Maybe Michael

Giacchino, or Randy Newman. I say Giacchino becuase he worked with Brad Bird on the Incredibles, but it coule be

Newman because he has done so many sucessful scores with Pixar before.

I don’t think Mikey G will be

composing WALL?E’s score because it isn’t a Brad Bird project, but I suppose

there’s always a first time for everything. :neutral_face: Thomas Newman sounds right to

me.

~~=oP

Judging by

the premise of the story alone, I think Thomas Newman fits in perfectly as the composer. Randy Newman could be

another possibility, but Michael Giacchino is more of a “jazzy” type of composer, and it doesn’t seem

like his composing style fits in very well with the premise. However, as PV said, there is always a first time

for everything, so you never know…

Could it be a new

composer?

No I don’t think so, I think it will be

Thomas Newman. Because if you look

here you’ll see that his "Top 5 Movie

Soundtrack" two of them are Thomas Newman.

You’ve got great hunting skills

JV!

But I think this just might be a tad too early to talk about this right

now, there’s just not enough info yet. (We only have that Disney press release and

that Jim Hill article) – which is why I guess this post has the word Speculation

(heheh).

it could. I think

it would be cool to have someone new be accepted into the Pixar family.

I’d put my money on Thomas Newman or someone new.

Wall-E’s soundtrack is

going to be important because, remember, this movie is Dialogue-Free…I now say it’s someone new to take on

this task.

Wouldn’t it be great

if John Williams did the music?

oh, and Sky, you share my love for Luingini I see.

:wink:

John Williams did the score for all six Star Wars

movies, Munich, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,

Schindler’s List, Jaws, the [i]Indiana

Jones[/i] movies (even though I haven’t officially seen them), Superman,

etc. Oh, and did I forget to say that he did the score for all six Star Wars movies,

which are, in my opinion, the best movies ever made, and boast the best movie scores ever conducted? :slight_smile: John

Williams is a brilliant composer, so I’d be happy if he does the score for a Pixar film. Most of his scores are

epic in nature, but he adapts quite easily to new situations.

I’ve thought about that. John Williams scoring a Pixar movie? Now, that’s a extremely different and

rather cool idea! :slight_smile: Given that the film takes place in outer space, that would seem appropriate. However, I

still think that Thomas Newman is the most likely to score WALL-E, but you never know. But that’s a great

thought!!! :smiley:

How about John Powell as the

composer?

I’ve looked at what

John Powell has composered and I think it would be fine.

I

would also really like to see Trevor Rabin compose a Pixar film.

I’ve

never heard of Trevor Rabin.

Click the link I gave, and you’ll see all the movies

that he has composed.

Thanks.

He composed the National Treasure movies? That seems cool, but the other ones he’s done really don’t excite me

that much.

Well I think

Thomas Newman did a great job with the Nemo soundtrack (it is my fav Pixar soundtrack after all) so I certainly

wouldnt mind hearing him do another one.

Yeah, Thomas Newman seems right to me, but it would be nice to see a new composer score a Pixar film.