New Forum!

Hey folks!

Here’s a new forum for you!

This is a place for talking specifically about upcoming projects until they warrant enough discussion to get their own forums. You can talk about any upcoming project here whether its announced, unnamed, rumored, or even just speculation. This will help us keep separate discussion about individual projects from discussion about all of the films as a whole.

Enjoy!
Dash =)

Great idea, Dash. Thanks for putting it up. :smiley:

I agree with Gasduude. 'Tis a wonderful idea! Thanks for creating this new thread/board. :wink:

– Mitch

This is pretty neat! :smiley:

Another great idea Dash!!! :smiley: I hope you make some more new forums. :wink:

Nice idea! :smiley: I think Cars 2 should be in here btw.

Ahhh - good point. All sequels - created, in production, announced, rumored, or otherwise are to be discussed in the forum with their respective franchise. Thus Toy Story 3 would be in the Toy Story forum and Cars 2 would be discussed in the Cars forum. =D

Oh yes, I understand.

Sweet new idea Dash. I applaud thee.

I really don’t think 1906 should be included, because I have done some recent interviews with Pixar employees on my blog asking if 1906 will be a Pixar film, and they say the it will probably will not have Pixar name on it.

It’s also been said that the name John Carter of Mars is not the title, but A Princess of Mars is the title. A Princess of Mars Is from the John Carter of Mars series.

However, for 1906, they have ALL said that, “Pixar will be involved in some fashion,” so since Pixar employees will be involved in the creation and a Pixar employed director will be directing, until I hear differently that involvement will be minimal to non-existent (which is practically impossible since Brad is directing), it’s fair game to be discussed as a Pixar film. Thus - this is the place to do it.

And while the film may be titled A Princess of Mars, John Carter of Mars is the title of the series of books on which it was based. So it would be reasonable to assume that Pixar will do more films in the series since Princess is not among the most well known, or they will end up incorporating more books from the series into the film in which case they will revert back to the John Carter title anyway.

Believe me - I’ve thought this through and I know what I’m doing. =)

And don’t forget - I have my own sources too. :wink:

Okay, I agree. :smiley:

Nice idea, Dash- it keeps the forums nice and tidy. :smiley:

Good idea Dash. It keeps things from getting cluttered and stuff.