Pixar Planet

Female Rats in Ratatouille?

This is the history of Pixar Planet. Threads that are past their prime are preserved here in an unaltered fashion for the future enjoyment of all. No posts may be added in this forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Female Rats in Ratatouille?

Postby animagusurreal » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:00 pm

Reposting this question since the other topic I posted it in got locked, since the other question I asked in the same post had been previously addressed :oops: :D .

I did a search on "female rats" and didn't come up with anything on this, so here goes...

Just something I'm curious about - obviously all of the rats with speaking roles are male, but did anyone notice any overtly female rat characters in the background? I've only seen the movie twice, but I didn't notice any. All the ones I remember seemed to be male.
animagusurreal
Mutant Toy

Postby AnnoyingPerson95 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:29 pm

Yes, I believe there was some female rats 'sprinkled' throughout the movie. I believe there was one at the end. (Boy, I sure hope that's not a spoiler...)
AnnoyingPerson95
Garbage Boy

Postby Mitch » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:56 pm

As Annoying mentioned, you can hear a few female rat voices calling out during the sequence where [spoil]Django's entire (rat) clan attempts to escape from the deadly gunshots of the farm lady, Mabel[/spoil]. You can even distinctly hear one lady rat call out, "Here! Here!" at one point.

Other than that, the amount of integral/well-known female rats in the film is a solid zero. I was rather hoping that Remy's mother, Desiree, would make an appearance, but alas, she does not. Oh well....

Annoying - No, I'm pretty sure that that's not a spoiler. ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Nexas » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:01 am

Ya know....I think, now I'm working with having not seen the film in months, that [spoil] When Remy is talking about his experience near the end of the movie, when the screen fades to the rat table in the new resturant, there was a rat that made a comment along the lines of those "this actually happened" sorta thing. I think that rat was female actually.[/spoil]
Nexas
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Colette Linguini » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:29 am

Nexas wrote:Ya know....I think, now I'm working with having not seen the film in months, that [spoil] When Remy is talking about his experience near the end of the movie, when the screen fades to the rat table in the new resturant, there was a rat that made a comment along the lines of those "this actually happened" sorta thing. I think that rat was female actually.[/spoil]

Yeah, I also haven't seen it in about a month. And I also remember towards the end when [spoil]Remy is telling the story to the other rats at the tiny tables at the top of the new restaurant. I think one woman rat asked "how do you know?" [/spoil]So either that or it was a man with a very feminine voice.
Colette Linguini
Garbage Boy

Postby Nexas » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:36 am

[spoil] It might very well be female....If....I recall....the rat was thin, but had a sorta "tomboyish" hair on the top....must be young with a changing voice[/spoil]
Nexas
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby The Wandering » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:20 am

Yeah, I'm also confused by that brown rat you're all talking about. I also think I remember a mom calling out to one of her children, but I don't remember seeing her.

Aside from that, the only other blatantly looking (to me) female besides Desiree was also in the artbook. I've been using her as a basis for drawing other female rats anyway.
The Wandering
Shark Bait

Postby Mitch » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:34 am

The Wandering wrote:Aside from that, the only other blatantly looking (to me) female besides Desiree was also in the artbook. I've been using her as a basis for drawing other female rats anyway.

Ha. I remember her. I absolutely love her design, though I haven't attempted to draw her yet. I really should....

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Nexas » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:07 am

Good venture Mitch....after all your are a good artist...especially in Remial's field heh heh.
Nexas
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Haunt » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:43 am

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure that there are girly rats in the very last scene where the rats are all dining. As the camera pulls back the big ex-lab rat is flexing with a bunch of smaller rats around him. Chances are that they were female.[/spoiler]
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby Colette Linguini » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:11 am

Haunt wrote:[spoiler]I'm pretty sure that there are girly rats in the very last scene where the rats are all dining. As the camera pulls back the big ex-lab rat is flexing with a bunch of smaller rats around him. Chances are that they were female.[/spoiler]

Good one, Haunt! I never noticed Git doing that! I've gotta look closer once I've got the DVD.
Colette Linguini
Garbage Boy

Return to Archives