Female Rats in Ratatouille?

Reposting this question since the other topic I posted it in got locked, since the other question I asked in the same post had been previously addressed :blush: :smiley: .

I did a search on “female rats” and didn’t come up with anything on this, so here goes…

Just something I’m curious about - obviously all of the rats with speaking roles are male, but did anyone notice any overtly female rat characters in the background? I’ve only seen the movie twice, but I didn’t notice any. All the ones I remember seemed to be male.

Yes, I believe there was some female rats ‘sprinkled’ throughout the movie. I believe there was one at the end. (Boy, I sure hope that’s not a spoiler…)

As Annoying mentioned, you can hear a few female rat voices calling out during the sequence where [spoil]Django’s entire (rat) clan attempts to escape from the deadly gunshots of the farm lady, Mabel[/spoil]. You can even distinctly hear one lady rat call out, “Here! Here!” at one point.

Other than that, the amount of integral/well-known female rats in the film is a solid zero. I was rather hoping that Remy’s mother, Desiree, would make an appearance, but alas, she does not. Oh well…

Annoying - No, I’m pretty sure that that’s not a spoiler. :wink:

– Mitch

Ya know…I think, now I’m working with having not seen the film in months, that [spoil] When Remy is talking about his experience near the end of the movie, when the screen fades to the rat table in the new resturant, there was a rat that made a comment along the lines of those “this actually happened” sorta thing. I think that rat was female actually.[/spoil]

Yeah, I also haven’t seen it in about a month. And I also remember towards the end when [spoil]Remy is telling the story to the other rats at the tiny tables at the top of the new restaurant. I think one woman rat asked “how do you know?” [/spoil]So either that or it was a man with a very feminine voice.

[spoil] It might very well be female…If…I recall…the rat was thin, but had a sorta “tomboyish” hair on the top…must be young with a changing voice[/spoil]

Yeah, I’m also confused by that brown rat you’re all talking about. I also think I remember a mom calling out to one of her children, but I don’t remember seeing her.

Aside from that, the only other blatantly looking (to me) female besides Desiree was also in the artbook. I’ve been using her as a basis for drawing other female rats anyway.

Ha. I remember her. I absolutely love her design, though I haven’t attempted to draw her yet. I really should…

– Mitch

Good venture Mitch…after all your are a good artist…especially in Remial’s field heh heh.

I’m pretty sure that there are girly rats in the very last scene where the rats are all dining. As the camera pulls back the big ex-lab rat is flexing with a bunch of smaller rats around him. Chances are that they were female.

Good one, Haunt! I never noticed Git doing that! I’ve gotta look closer once I’ve got the DVD.