Movies coming on Christmas Day '08!!!

What film coming out on Dec. 25 (26-Rev. Road) will you see first?

• Marley & Me
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
  • Frost/Nixon
  • The Spirit
  • Valkyrie
  • Waltz with Bashir
  • Bedtime Stories
  • Last Chance Harvey
  • Revolutionary Road

0 voters

This Dec. 25 is gonna be a very busy one in terms of new films released!

Here are the competing films for the most wonderful time of the year:

The Spirit
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Bedtime Stories
Frost/Nixon
Marley & Me
Valkyrie
Last Chance Harvey
Waltz With Bashir

And on Dec. 26, A much anticipated Winslet-DiCaprio Pairing:

Revolutionary Road

I’m most excited for The Spirit and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but since there are soooo many films opening on Dec. 25th this year, I’d like to hear what you guys think. Comments?

The only one I’ve actually heard of is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I probably won’t see it on Christmas day anyway, but I’d like to see it at some point.

Probably the Benjamin Button movie.

Wow. There’s that many films coming out this Christmas? Sheesh…

I’m actually rather curious as to how The Curious Case of Benjamin Button will unfold on the screen, as the plot-line intrigues me. As for the other films, I won’t bother, and I flat out refuse to see Marley & Me until I’ve read the original book, and even then I probably won’t spend the extra dollars to see the adaption of it on the screen. Heh.

– Mitch

I’d say Benjamin Button because I’ve heard about that movie for months now, and it seems a bit out there, I just have to see it.

Whoa, and the only one I really know about is Bedtime Stories! I may have heard of the other films, but I’m only into Bedtime Stories. I won’t see it in the theater on Christmas, but I’ll see it before the others.

I will probably see Benjamin Button first, but I would actually love to see them all. Frost/Nixon has already opened where I live, and I really want to see it. For Marley & Me, Valkyrie, Bedtime Stories and The Spirit, I will probably wait until the DVDs come out, since I can only see so many in theaters. Waltz with Bashir looks amazing, and I would love to see Last Chance Harvey because the last movie that had Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson (Stranger Than Fiction) is one of my favorites. I will definitely try and see Revolutionary Road, because I read the script, and it is amazing. But the one that I am for sure seeing in theaters is Benjamin Button.

i totally agree with everything you just said (Stranger Than Fiction is actually my #1 of all times!) except I really wanna see Benjamin Button and The Spirit first!!! :smiling_imp: :wink:

Where do you live that you can see all these indie flicks? I live in St. Louis, so I could probably see Waltz With Bashir on Christmas Day, but Last Chance Harvey isn’t coming here at all, I don’t think, and Frost/Nixon isn’t out yet here. R U in L.A.?

TS2 - Just to let you know, there’s no need to quote a person’s entire post if you wish to reply to them, especially if their message is directly above yours. An easy and clutter-free way to respond to a member is by using the “quoting system”: writing out their name in bold and then typing out your note to them.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

– Mitch

For me, all of them open on the 25th, except for Revolutionary Road which opens January 2nd, and Last Chance Harvey which opens January 23rd, I believe. Oh, and Frost/Nixon already opened here on December 5th.

I hope to see The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - but not actually on Christmas. I haven’t seen Frost/Nixon yet, but really want to. The other ones that I will hopefully see in theatres are Revolutionary Road, and Last Chance Harvey.

I really mant to see Marly and Me because I think the idea of a bad dog is great. Besides that, I really want to see Bedtime Stories.

TS2-I do really want to see The Spirit, it’s just that there are a ton of movies coming out right now and not enough time or money to see them all.

Stranger Than Fiction is a great movie that was criminally under rated and ignored when it came to the Oscars. The screenwriter (Zach Helm) also wrote and directed Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium. Here is some info on his next movie The DisAssociate: imdb.com/title/tt1124370/

Frost/Nixon has opened in New York, L.A. and Toronto, and Last Chance Harvey comes out in limited release on Christmas in the U.S.A. (most likely as a qualifying run for the Oscars) and go’s into wide release on January 23rd.

Here is a link to the Revolutionary Road script,
vantageguilds.com/

That’s awesome that you found the imdb page for The DisAssociate, because that was Z. Helm’s first script and the one that led him to being able to make STF!!! I’ve actually read the entire script already, so I’m supah-excited to see that! Anyway, back to Christamas movies!!!

asdfghjkl Marley and Me!

My puppy is just like Marley. I first read the book when she was about 8 months old, and totally bawled through the last four chapters when Marley got old and died. That’s how similar they are, because that is so not something I would do.

Plus, I love Owen Wilson.

I’m with bd-d & mo and want to see Bedtime Stories! Mostly because I could always use a good laugh and I know that Sandler & Co would give that to me.

I was going to vote for Valkyrie because Tom is in it, despite his… notorious reputation as a scientologist (he’s a great actor, you got to give him that), but then, I realized I’m not too font of war movies, so, I think the heartwarming Bedtime Stories would be a more suitable film for a Christmas viewing. :slight_smile:

~ WBoon :sunglasses:

I really wanna see Frost/Nixon (although I thought it was coming out earlier than Christmas…) because it looks really interesting to me. I saw some stuff about it on Daily Show and it looks like a window into one of the most controversial people in recent history. Not that I’m a Nixon fan, because i’m so not.

Frost/Nixon is is limited release from now 'til christmas day, and then it will open worldwide!!! (Dec. 25th) It’s in NYC and LA at the moment.