Pixar Planet

Are Woody and Jesse brother and sister?

This is the history of Pixar Planet. Threads that are past their prime are preserved here in an unaltered fashion for the future enjoyment of all. No posts may be added in this forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby toystoryfan657 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:25 am

In woody's round up they are business partners..like if they were real in the real world...Woody is the cop,Jessie is the cops assistant,Bullseye is Woody's motorcycle and Prospector is a mine digger.. They are all good friends. ..............In Toy Story their just friends...Jessie is in a relationship with buzz and Woody is with Bo Peep.
toystoryfan657
Shark Bait

Postby opallena » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:15 am

Fairly Odd New Yorker wrote:Their own relationship in the film seems very brother-sister-like, but in the show, I think she was intended as a love interest.

I like how Pixar doesn't play her off to be romantic with Woody. It makes it like "oh yeah, they're together in this movie or show, but them as toys don't really think of each other 'that way'." It's almost as if they're just professional actors! :lol:

Oh yes, I like this too! It's a testament to the toys' own free will -- They're not bound fatalistically by the laws of their source material or anything like that. :lol:

Honestly, I think "Woody's Round-up" looks pretty base in its themes and probably has little development beyond the gags and heroism we were shown in snippets. Meaning, Woody=heroism and Jessie&Prospector=gags in a one-layer show with no time for romance. It's a chlidren's show meant to sell breakfast cereal, after all. I think it's sort of a parody. Ironically, here we are circa 2000 where the plastic figurines have layers and layers more depth than the "original" characters they're based on. Yes Pixar, thx for this; we know how awesome you are. ;)
opallena
Ant

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:41 am

Captain Pan wrote:Now that is a rather intriguing question.

However I read through the body Language and relationship between Jessie towards Woody in the Roundup Cartoons that Jessie and Woody were more along the lines of romance.

But then I could and most probably am wrong.

I've always wondered if Woody and Jessie were an item on the show (not as toys)
I actually think there's a better chance of them being an item than family on Woodys Roundup. They don't look nothing alike.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby B2R4D » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:42 am

I don't think that it has ever been straightforwardly considered that Woody and Jessie are brother and sister. As pointed out by many others, they do seem to have some sort of love chemistry on the show "Woody's Roundup". However in the real world of Toy Story, they could be easily interpreted as brother and sister. Disregarding the television show, I think they are just good friends to be honest and nothing more than that. Hence why Woody is romantically attached to Bo Peep just as Jessie is with Buzz Lightyear. [/i]
Thanks guys!
<b>B2R4D</b>
B2R4D

Postby Tyler1995 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 am

They don't seem to have "love chemistry" because in scene that was shown of Woody's Roundup they weren't even in the same place.
Tyler1995
Garbage Boy

Postby HelloDolly114 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:13 am

Hmm. I think they were deffinately an intended couple on "Woody's Roundup" , however, Jessie and Woody act differently than there characters on the show and they deffinately have a brother/sister relationship. To me Woody seams like Jessie's older brother...someone to look up to and for Woody , Jessie is someone he wants to protect. I've been reading a lot of fanfictions lately where the characters on humanized, and in every one I've seen Woody and Jessie are siblings...so...hhaha.But then again who knows?
"Its not flying, Its falling...with STYLE!"
HelloDolly114
Garbage Boy

Previous

Return to Archives