The Pixar Planet Trading Post

GENERAL NOTICE: The Pixar Planet Trading Post has been closed until further notice. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you in advance for understanding!!

~ Welcome, one and all, to the official Pixar Planet Trading Post!!! ~

On the 19th of September, 2006, I joined a magnificent website – a site formerly known as Pixar Planet. The treatment I received was admirable, the excitement I felt in participating in forum events was immediate, and the friends I made are, to this day, the most amiable and loyal acquaintances I have ever had the pleasure of conversing with. Those who attend this forum board on a regular basis (and even those who don’t) have been kind enough to bestow upon me works of art, asked me for advice, and have awarded me gifts of gratitude which I feel that I am undeserving of. As a token of my appreciation to those who have welcomed me so warmly into the Pixar Planet community, I decided to give a little back to them. What you see before you is my contribution: The Pixar Planet Trading Post.

Over the years, I have accumulated various Pixar-related merchandise, and it is now my pleasure to distribute some of those artifacts to you! In this thread, I will post up pictures of Pixar items that I am giving away, be them pins, posters, apparel, or even DVDs. Some of these trinkets are memorabilia that have rested in my Pixar collection for many a year, while others are items which I will have recently ordered.

All of the items you see below are free of charge, so they are given away on a “first come, first serve” basis. If you see a piece of merchandise that you think you might like to add to your collection, or even if you don’t have a single Pixar-related accessory, simply send me a private message detailing which item you would like and I’ll send it on to you. Since I’m not allowed to sell any of the merchandise on display (as that would be illegitimate), you don’t have to pay a dime; I’ll pay for the shipping and handling, as well. Just pick and choose!

Please bear in mind that you would be required to send me a private message detailing your name and address if you’re interested in an item (or items), so if you don’t wish to reveal this information then please do not do so. It is entirely up to you as to whether or not you wish to send on your personal information to me – the choice is optional. I would also be sending on my name and address to you if you request an item, so it would be required of you to keep any information of this kind strictly confidential. For anyone who is wondering, I am completely trustworthy and would never, ever, under any circumstances, reveal your information to anyone else except myself if you send it on to me. You have full confidence in me.

In addition, if any of you wish to trade your own items to other members of Pixar Planet, simply send me a private message describing (and, if possible, including a picture of) the item(s) that you wish to trade, and I’ll add it to this post for others to see! I will mention what the item is, will post a picture of it (if I was sent a photograph of one), and will mention who the owner of that item is.

Remember, this is all for you guys! None of you owe me anything. It’s my gift to you. :smiley:

ATTENTION: PLEASE READ!!

There are, of course, rules to follow and requirements to be met in order to trade and/or receive any item. Please make certain to read and adhere to the guidelines listed below…

[u]Qualifications for Ordering/Requesting Items[/u]:

In order to qualify for ordering/requesting an item, you must meet at least one of these two requirements:

1. You must have a certain post count, and/or
2. You must have seen a certain Pixar film a certain number of times.

These requirements appertain to whichever item(s) you wish to order. For example, if you’d like to order a set of Pixar stickers, you must have a post count of at least 150 and/or have seen any Pixar film at least once. However, if you wish to order an official WALL•E poster then you must have a post count of at least 750 and/or have seen WALL•E (the film) at least five times. All of the items that I trade will include a mention of how many post counts and/or “film counts” it “costs”.*

No qualifications of this nature need to be met if you are trading your own items with someone else; it only applies to those who wish to order an item (or items).

In addition, you must be at least sixteen years of age to order/request an item. I may make an exception once in a great while, but this would/will be rare. Also, [b]you may only order one item once a month[/b] (unless you’re ordering a set of items).

*This system of ordering is similar to the “Disney Movie Rewards” method of requesting items, which is where I got the idea from. To learn more about Disney Movie Rewards, please refer to this link: Disney Movie Rewards

Rules for Ordering/Requesting Items:

1. Send me a private message (PM) detailing, a) which item you wish to order, b) your age, c) your address, and d) your post count and/or number of times you’ve seen the Pixar film appertaining to the item you’re interested in.

2. I will send that item on to you. Please allow one week to a month for delivery.

Rules for Trading Your Own Items:

1. Send me a private message (PM) detailing what the item is, what it looks like, the condition of the item (how old it is; how much it’s been handled, if at all; if it’s “mint in the box”; etc…), and quantity of the item. If possible, please send me an image of the item. Although you have the option of telling me how many post/film counts you would like me to put it up for, I will ultimately decide its worth.

2. I will post up a description (and, if possible, a picture) of your item underneath the “Members’ Trading Section” so that others may see it and order it if they wish to do so.

3. If someone is interested in ordering another members’ item (other than my own), they must send a private message to the owner of that item expressing their interest in it. All shipping and handling fees must then be handled by the owner of that item and the owner of that item only.

Keep in mind that, should someone gain an interest in your item, that person will need to send you their name and address, and you will probably end up sharing your name and address to them in return.

In this particular case, I am not responsible for the mishandling of any items, the trust and/or lack of confidence in any number of parties involved in the exchange of merchandise, and damage/loss of any items sent to anyone.

Thank you very much, in advance, for reading and adhering to the rules and regulations. And now, on to the fun stuff! :smiley:

TRADING POST CENTRAL - MITCH’S ITEMS

• Finding Nemo Shirt - Girl’s Size (Medium) -

800 post count, or
7 film count (Finding Nemo)

Quantity: One (1)

Description: I bought this Finding Nemo t-shirt some time ago at a local Disney Store in my area. It is practically in prime condition (there are a few small stains on the bottom of the shirt, but they’re barely noticeable; I’ll see if I can wash them out) and has only been worn once or twice! It is a pink shirt with an image of Nemo on the front and some text that says “Nemo”. It is a girl’s size medium – perfect for your younger sister or little daughter!

• The Incredibles: Return of the Supers! -

250 post count, or
6 film count (The Incredibles)

Description: A comic book featuring your favorite super-hero team: The Incredibles! Lovely artwork is featured throughout the book, and collector cards are included. Good condition. There are some scratches and finger-print smears on the back of the book, but that’s about it. Once again, my dad got me this one.

• The Incredibles - Full-Screen Two-Disc DVD Set -

950 post count, or
15-20 film count

Description: Do you love Brad Bird’s masterpiece of a film and don’t care whether or not you watch it in Fullscreen? If so, then this is the DVD for you! The two-disc set includes the entire film, scene selection, and filmmakers’ audio commentaries on the first disc, and the Jack-Jack Attack short, deleted scenes, a behind-the-scenes documentary, top secret files on all of the supers, the Boundin’ short, bloopers and out-takes, easter eggs, and much, much more!

Both discs are in excellent condition. The front and back covers host a few scratches, dents, and fingerprint blemishes; other than that, it’s in good condition.

• Lightening McQueen Pin -

90 post count, or
2 film count (Cars)

Description: Show off your Cars fandom with this snazzy pin! With the exception of a small dent on the right side of the pin, it is in good condition. I don’t remember ever adorning it, but if I did then I only wore it once some years ago.

THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER THIS ITEM AT THE PRESENT TIME.

• Finding Nemo “3D” Stickers -

60 post count,
1 film count (Finding Nemo)

Quantity: One (1) sheet

Description: A set of Finding Nemo stickers. I call them “3D” stickers because they’re bulbous and literally pop out at you. Set includes one sheet of stickers, which have never been opened!

• Finding Nemo Storybook Sticker Album -

100 post count, or
2 film count (Finding Nemo)

Description: A 24-page Finding Nemo storybook sticker album. All but two of the stickers have been pasted into “sticker slots” in this album, and you can thank me for completing most of the album for you. I have no idea where the other two stickers went to, but you may be able to order them at www.panini.com if you wish. There are some dents on the front and back covers of the booklet, but the pages themselves are in good condition, as are the stickers (with the exception of one, which is a bit torn on one side).

MEMBERS’ TRADING SECTION

Currently empty.

[u]Remember[/u]: In order to order/request an item you must be at least sixteen years of age. You may only order one item a month. All information you send on to me or anyone else will be and should be kept strictly confidential. All items displayed are free of charge; trading for personal, monetary gain will not be tolerated.

Note: Please keep in mind that once an item has been ordered, I will post a note below that item indicating that it has been claimed before removing that item from this page shortly afterwards. In addition, any new items that I both acquire and wish to trade will be posted up on the front page.

Thank you very much for visiting the official Pixar Planet Trading Post!! :smiley:

– Mitch

This is a very generous idea, Mitch. Way to spread the Pixar fandom. =D

It would be good if other members could get rid of their Pixar stuff while at the same time adding to another fan’s collection. I have a lot of Pixar junk (I’ll post pictures soon so you can see), and TONS of Ratatouille junk so I’d be happy to send smallish items in the post to people. The thing is, they’d have to pay for postage but the item would be free. I’m very trustworthy with people’s details, too. I’m not sure whether there would be minimum age or post count, though, I’d have to think about that… Would it be ok if I could use a different method of giving away my stuff, Mitch?

And I can also vouch for Mitch’s honesty with keeping personal information confidential. :wink:

PS: I can’t believe Brad Bird even let Pixar release a widescreen version of The Incredibles on DVD, heheh.

Neat idea, Mitch! And very generous of you!

Awww, this is a very generous idea of you Mitch. I already know what i want. I’ll PM it to you right now.

Important Update!!! An update has recently been made to the system. If you order an item, it is required that you send me a Pixar-related item in return. This item can be anything, from a drawing of a Pixar character that you did on a piece of Kleenex… to an autograph from John Lasseter. As long as it appertains to Pixar, I will accept it! Keep in mind that you will have to pay for your own postage when sending me your item. (To anyone who ordered an item before this update was made, you are not required to trade with me.)

Thank you very much, everyone, for the enthusiastic response and kind comments! To those of you who have requested an item: I shall send your order on to you as soon as is humanely possible. :smiley:

Taking into account the fact that the postage would be the only thing the recipient would be required to pay for, this is acceptable.

No problem. If you send on your proposed method to me via a private message, we can discuss “payment” and order options.

Ha! I know. I take it that it is simply standard procedure to release an animated film in both a fullscreen and a widescreen format to appease audiences, if that option is even available for the film/DVD being released.

I can’t wait to see your Ratatouille items! :wink:

– Mitch

This is such a cool idea, Mitch! It means everyone gets just the thing they’re after and the Pixar love is spread! :smiley: I’d be happy to trade some stuff with you, but I don’t own any Pixar merchandise aside from the odd Randall toy, so I can’t trade. :laughing: But I’m looking forward to seeing how this progresses, and who ends up with what items!

lizardgirl - Thank you very much! :smiley:

Don’t worry. If you don’t have any toys, per say, to trade with me then you can send me something else Pixar-related. To quote what I stated in my first post:

So, as you can see, you can trade anything with me as long as it relates to Pixar in some way. Even if you just draw me a picture of, say, Remy, and send it on to me, I will accept it as a trade! You would have to pay for postage when sending your item, of course, but that’s it. :wink:

– Mitch

i’m in same position as LG, and becasue if interational stuff, the postiage prices would be insane.

WALL•E - I can send items internationally, too. I don’t mind the cost. :wink:

– Mitch

Since I requested an item before you inserted the rule of sending you something Pixar related, does that mean I have to send you something Mitch?

The Star Swordsman - Nope. You are excused from sending me anything, since I did not establish that particular rule until after you ordered a product. :wink:

– Mitch

Sweet Mitch. That’s good for me. :wink:

That’s an awfully nice thing to do Mitch! I’ll certainly have to keep my eyes open for something I might want (although I’m not exactly sure what I have that I’d wanna part with)

lennonluvr9 - Thank you! And, to reiterate, you don’t have to send me a personal item of yours, per se. You can simply send me a drawing that you did of, say, Remy, and I’ll accept it as a proper trade. :wink:

– Mitch

I just got the item you sent to me Mitch. Thanks lot. I look forward to trade with you somemore.

The Star Swordsman - You’re most welcome! I’m glad that you received it in a timely fashion.

– Mitch

I think you should put up some of your drawings/sketches, Mitch… if you can bare to part with them that is. I know I have a hard time. But it’d be cool to have a piece from you. :smiley:

Hannahmation - As in original drawings? Hmm. I never considered putting those up, seeing as they’re works of a fan and not true pieces of Pixar merchandise. I never assumed that anyone would like to own any of my sketches either, so that idea never crossed my mind. However, if enough people agree with your proposition then I may consider it. I’d probably only trade copies of my artwork with people, though, since I’d kinda… like to keep the originals. Heheh. :wink:

That’s an interesting idea, though, Hannahmation! I’m flattered that anyone would want one of my sketches, or at least a copy of one. Thanks for suggesting it. :smiley:

– Mitch

No problem, Mitch. :smiley: Well, you were talking about people send you drawings in return, so it got me thinking. I’ve always liked your drawings you’ve posted. Yes, I imagine you would want to keep the originals! So I was assuming copies, but by my previous post, I guess it seems to suggest originals.

Ooh, now THIS is cool. 8D