2009 Pixar Planet Awards - For Your Consideration

This is the ‘For Your Consideration’ thread created for the upcoming Pixar Planet Awards. :mrgreen:

The Pixar Planet Awards is an annual community event where members recognise the achievements of their fellow Pixar Planenteers. It will run from November 30 - December 19. For more detailed scheduling information see this post. If you have any questions, please post it in the General Discussion thread or send me a private message. - do not post your question here.

Much like the For Your Consideration campaigns the movie studios run in the lead-up to the Oscars, this thread is a chance for you to show other members the artwork that you feel is the best, and also so other members don’t have to go through all of the various art threads to see an example of your best work submitted at Pixar Planet.

Of course, members can feel free to look around the art sections (both Pixar and non-Pixar) of the forum themselves and nominate work of yours that you don’t choose to post in the thread. Please read the folllowing rules carefully.

This is NOT a discussion thread, or a nomination thread. When we want you to privately send in your nominations, we will post another thread announcement. You post examples of your OWN work here only.

• RULES *
  • Only one submission of your work per category, and only submit work for the categories below. Make sure your work fits the correct category.

• Your work must be new since last year’s awards. That is, posted from December 12th 2008 onwards (the closing date for last year’s nominations).

• One post per member in this thread, please. Keep all of your submissions to that one post only. No excessive editing of your posts to change your submissions here. Please choose your one best piece of your work for each category and stick with it.

• You do not have to submit any work in this thread if you don’t want to: it’s totally optional. You can still be nominated and win an award by someone seeing your work in one of your threads and nominating from seeing it there.

• Your signature and avatar that you submit may either be Pixar or non-Pixar. You must have created it yourself (in a graphics program, scanning and uploading and cropping your favourite picture would qualify.)

• All artwork must have been posted in this forum, and please try to provide link to thread where you originally posted information about the video/batch of graphics etc, if you know how to do this. Fanfiction can be complete or in progress, but please link to the first chapter of your fanfiction page.

• ‘Best Artwork’ covers traditional artwork (painting, sketches, or anything you would post in the ‘Artwork’ sub-forum.) ‘Best Artwork (Other Category)’ covers miscellaneous artwork that does fit into any other category (usually found under the ‘Fandom’ section of the forum itself.) This is in relation to Pixar artwork.

• You can submit links to your best work in as little or as many categories above as you like, but once again, only one piece of your own work per category. Or you can choose not to submit any of your work in this thread at all, it’s up to you. Just keep in mind a lot of members will be looking at this thread when the time comes for nominating.

• You have 14 days from the date of this post to post your work in this thread.

The categories that you may submit links for in this thread are...

Best Artwork - Other Category
Best Artwork - Traditional
Best Avatar
Best Fan Fiction
Best Fan Commentary
Best Non-Pixar Artwork
Best Signature
Best Video

[b]OR[/b] instead of singling out one piece of artwork for the categories above, you can link to your thread with your work of 2009 for the following categories...

Best Artist - Traditional
Best Fan Commentator
Best Fan Fiction Writer
Best Graphic and Icon Artist
Best Non-Pixar Artist
Best Overall Artist
Best Video Artist

Here is an example of a correct post in this thread (just pretend the below submissions are all by the same member.) 

---------------------------------------------- 
[b]Best Video[/b] - 'We Will Get There' - [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/rules/76/1]Thread Link[/url] 

[b]Best Fanfiction[/b] - 'The Incredibles: Syndrome's Return' [url=http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3281&start=0]Thread link[/url] 

[b]Best Signature[/b] - 
[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/2jdnu4m.jpg[/img] 

[b]Best Avatar[/b] - 
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/2d0djcn.jpg[/img]

[b]Best Non-Pixar Artwork[/b] - 'Meerkat Manor - Kinkajou' [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/fan-section/74/1]Thread link[/url] 
----------------------------------------------

Note: Those above examples wouldn't be able to be nominated since it is artwork from 2008.

If you would instead like to link to your graphics/videos/artwork threads in place of picking out one graphic, you can do so (or link to your videos/fanfiction etc). If you're still unsure of what to do, take a look at the [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/pixar-planet-awards-for-your-consideration/3600/1]FYC thread[/url] for the 2008 Pixar Planet Awards as an example.

:wink:

All right, here goes… here’s a few of mine.

Best Avvie

(posted here)

Best Sig

(posted here)

Best Video

Like a Star - a WALL•E Music Video (posted here)

Best FanFiction

Psyche OS X

Best Artwork

(link to actual full-size image, posted here)

Best Artwork (Other)

(Edited only to provide links to the threads in which these works were posted. :wink:)

little chef

Best Fanfiction: Only Hope

Best Video: Doc Hudson is Looking at the Stars

Best Artwork: Sally Carrera Humanized

And . . . That’s all I’ve got. XD

Best signature:

Best Signature:

Pixar Art: link

Non-Pixar Art: link

Best Fanfiction: The Incredibles: A New Threat

Best Video: Pixar Female Characters Tribute

Best Artwork (Other Category) - Crossover 2 - Thread link

Argh! I’m such a dum-dum. I kinda screwed up the categories, I’m really sorry. What I should have made clear was that you can either pick one of your favourite videos to link here (Best Video) OR you can just link to your videos thread of 2009 (Best Video Artist), pick one of your fanfictions OR link to your fan fictions of 2009 (Best Fan Fiction Writer). I guess for the fan commentaries you can just link to the completed commentaries thread. If you would like an example, see below how I’ve made my thread start from the post number where my graphics of 2009 were posted?

So I’ve fixed it now and edited the original post. Hopefully this didn’t inconvenience you all too much. Also, this thread will be locked in less than 24 hours so if you would like to submit, get to it!

Anyway onto my submission…

Best Graphic and Icon Artist (my graphics created this year): [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/does-anyone-from-the-uk-ireland-remember/287/1]Rachel's Sweet Treats[/url]

I was hoping to put some stuff together for this, especially since I have the DVD now, but school assignments and stuff just got in the way. Oh well, no big deal.

Best Fan Art - Traditional: Commando Carl
lvl27-cubone.deviantart.com/art/ … -135189500

Best Fan Art - Other Category: Up Wallpaper
img21.imageshack.us/img21/9630/upwallpaper2x.png

Best Avatar -

Best Signature-

:wink:

Best avatar

Best Signature

Best Artist - TraditionalViolet’s Art Work

I will quick squeeze this in before it’s locked!

Best Avatar:

Best Signature:

My Carl Sketch on this page (Chris’ present): viewtopic.php?t=4596&start=30

Best Non-Pixar Artwork
My Stop Motion Short Film, The Arctic Shoulder:

Ack!!! Just in the nick of time! Well, I suppose I’m not late yet, since it’s still Friday in Honolulu… :stuck_out_tongue:

Best Avatar

Best Signature

Best Video

Soul Bot is Eva

Oh noes! Am I too late? :`-(
Hopefully if I’m not, here’s my entries:

Best signature:

Best avatar:

Best video:
When She Loved Me (Fan Rendition)
youtube.com/watch?v=U4B3ZHMJ9X8

Please consider me for Best Graphics and Icons Maker if you have liked my work over the year.

Also, don’t forget if you like the PP Up Skin and the Chatroom, please also consider me for best Staff Member. I say consider because everyone on the team deserves it as equally as everyone, and have done an awesome job. :wink: