2009 Pixar Planet Awards - Nominating (Rules and Categories)

The time to submit your nominations for the 2009 Pixar Planet Awards has arrived! You may notice that a few new categories and the rules for this year are slightly different from last time, so make sure to read the rules carefully before sending your noms in. :wink:

[size=125]AWARD CATEGORIES[/size]
Best Member
Best New Member of 2009
Best Pixar Planet Staff Member
Friendliest Member
Funniest Member
Most Informative Member
Best Critiquer
Member You Would Most Like to Meet in Person
Member Most Likely to Get a Job at Pixar
Craziest Pixar Fan

Best Signature
Best Avatar

Best Video Maker
Best Graphic and Icon Artist
Best Fan Fiction Writer
Best Fan Commentator
Best Artist - Traditional
Best Artist - Other
Best Overall Artist

Best Video
Best Fan Fiction
Best Artwork - Traditional
Best Fan Commentary
Best Artwork - Other Category

Favorite Fandom Medium

Best Non-Pixar Artwork
Best Non-Pixar Artist

Best Game
Best Thread
Best Thread Creator

[size=125]RULES FOR NOMINATING[/size]

• Nominations are open as of now, and will close after 14 days from the date of this post.

• Copy and paste the list above to a ā€˜new messageā€™ in your private messaging system and fill in. As a different rule this year you do NOT have to fill in every category, but please try your best to fill in every awards category if you can.

• Choose your top 3 preferences for the categories you would like to nominate for (first being your most favorite, second is your second most favorite, and so on.) A shortlist of nominees for each category will be announced at a later date ready for voting.

• You must send your nominations to me OR The Star Swordsman via a private message. Send your votes to only one of us - we will combine our results after the nominations close. Do not post them in this thread. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a few days after you have sent your nominations just in case we need clarification for anything you have written.

• If you wish to nominate you must have signed up to the forums on or before 6 November 2009. There is no minimum post count to nominate or vote this year. There is no minimum sign-up date for nominees/award winners, only voters.

• All nominees/winners must be a member of this forum and the artwork that you nominate for must have been posted on Pixar Planet from December 12th 2008 onwards.

• Your signature and avatar that you nominate may either be Pixar or non-Pixar. However, the rule is that the avatar/signature worn by the member mustā€™ve been created by a Pixar Planet member.

• Try to be as specific as possible when nominating. When nominating a signature or avatar try to post the image in the message, if you can, otherwise tell us the name of the signature or avatar and describe what it looks like in detail, and also the name of the person who created it. Better yet, link to the page in the personā€™s graphics thread with the graphic in it. When nominating fanfiction, just the name of the fan fiction and username of the person who wrote it is fine.

• We are aiming to keep the nominations and awards as private as possible, so please do not talk about you who are nominating/voting for on these forums. DO NOT ask, beg or bribe people to nominate or vote for you/your work. If we find out you are trying to influence others then your votes will be dismissed, and you and your work may be kicked out of the running for any awards. We are serious about this - no cheating! Letā€™s make this a fair contest and the nominees/winners a surprise for everyone.

• Here is the ā€˜For Your Consideration Threadā€™ where some members have posted one example of their best work in several categories (for the art-related awards only.) However, you are more than welcome to nominate work that a member has not put forward for consideration in that thread.

• Fan fiction can be a work-in-progress as long as there is at least one chapter that was posted from December 12th 2008 or later.

• Each of the artwork categories pertain to each of the sub-forums in the ā€˜Fandomā€™ section of the forums, so wherever you find the artwork is placed on the forum would be a good indicator of its appropriate awards category above.

• Since this is ā€˜Pixarā€™ Planet, all of the art nominations must be related to Pixar, except for the two non-Pixar awards (which must be anything other than Pixar) and the signature and avatar award (which can be either Pixar or non-Pixar.) ā€˜Best Threadā€™ and ā€˜Best Gameā€™ can be either Pixar or non-Pixar, too.

• The ā€˜Best New Member of 2009ā€™ must have signed up between December 1st 2008 and up to and including October 31st 2009 to be eligible for nomination. Make sure to check underneath peopleā€™s usernames at what date they signed up before nominating them for ā€˜Best New Memberā€™.

• The choices to nominate from for the ā€˜Favorite Fandom Mediumā€™ award are: Artwork - Traditional, Graphics and Icons, Fan Fiction, Videos, and Pixar Fan Commentaries.

• The members for you to nominate from for the ā€œBest Pixar Planet Staff Memberā€ category areā€¦

AJD08 (moderator)
bawpcwpn (admin, Radio Pixar)
Bill (moderator)
Brad (Radio Pixar)
Dash (site owner, moderator)
Geoff CB (Radio Pixar)
KyrieEleison (moderator)
lizardgirl (moderator, DeviantArt)
martini833 (Upcoming Pixar writer)
Mitch (moderator),
Phileas (forum admin and designer)
PixarVixen (moderator)
rachelcakes1985 (moderator, Radio Pixar)
The Pixarian (Radio Pixar)
The Star Swordsman (moderator, Radio Pixar)

• You may NOT nominate yourself or your own work. :wink:

• Have fun nominating! If you have any questions just send me a private message. =)

Happy nominating, everyone. Hereā€™s looking to another great Pixar Planet awards season.

10 days have already past everyone. You have only four days left. Remember to get your nominations in! Let your voice be heard! Remember nominations will not be accepted after the deadline.

Iā€™m liking the changes that have been made to the rules and categories this year! Good work, guys.

Just a friendly reminder: thereā€™s only about 48 hours left to send me your nominations for this yearā€™s Pixar Planet Awards! Remember, you donā€™t have to submit nominations for every category, but for the categories you do nominate in, make sure to choose your TOP 3 favourites.

Make your vote count! :slight_smile:

Ooh, my apologies Rachel, I was rushing a bit when I sent my nominations through so I forgot to put three for each category. If you send back to me the PM I sent to you, Iā€™d be happy to add two more members for each category.

Well, I thought it would be clear by my post above, and also in the original post of this thread, that when nominating for categories please choose your TOP 3 members/artwork etc, but Iā€™m still getting people sending me PMs with only one nomination per category. Please read the rules, guys. :neutral_face:

If you didnā€™t follow the above rule please send me your noms again - and double check them! Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m going to do and whether I should include the noms that didnā€™t follow this ruleā€¦

Thatā€™s ok. Your original nominations should be in your ā€˜sentboxā€™ lizardgirl. :wink:

Well, the nominating stage for the 2009 Pixar Planet Awards has now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated! Stay tuned because in the next few days the finalists will be announced and voting will begin! :smiley: