Pixar Planet Vidcast OFFICIAL THREAD!

What is your position on the Vidcast idea?

• I like it, and I think we should do it!
  • I like it, but I’d prefer something be done differently, or wait to do it until a later time.
  • I don’t really like it, the idea really needs to be reworked or restructured before we consider it.
  • I don’t really like it, I just don’t think Pixar Planet should have a Vidcast.

0 voters

UPDATE!!: [b]We’ve got an official website now! [url]http://www.pixarplanet.com/vidcast/[/url][/b]

What is the Pixar Planet Video Cast?

It is a video, maybe 10 minutes long, highlighting key aspects in the following categories:

• Current Pixar News

• Past Pixar Reviews, or Overviews

• Pixar Fandom

It’s main purpose is to deliver an overall message of each category in Video format, for those of you whom need a quick fix.
    it’s secondary purpose is to give the Pixar Podcast and Peach Magazine more attention; Were the Pixar Podcast is more broadly focused, and Peach Magazine will go more in-depth on said articles.
    It’s third purpose: To gain a wider audience. the intention would be to post these vidcasts on the official Pixar Planet Youtube page, drawing in more possible members.
    It’s forth purpose: A Fix for those whom can retain information better through visual media over audio or text.
    It’s fifth purpose: To use that old Youtube account that’s been gathering rust. :slight_smile:

Who will be part of the Vidcast?

Each Vidcast will have a filmed beginning, and end from a host of any willing member. If no one steps up to do so, I will substitute. Those who do not want to be on camera would also have the option of voice-recording with me putting an animation/video footage behind it.
    Me, and/or other moderators will chose the topics for the categories. Anyone will have an opportunity to write the article or to host it through audio.

Currently, I’m the only one who’s looking to move forward with this project, but if your interested, please let me know! We can always use more people. :slight_smile:

How will the Vidcast work?

The Vidcast will be structured and conducted in the following sequence:

Introduction:
A Quick recognizable introduction video lasting about 30 seconds. Than consisting of a member driven intro segment over-viewing the current episode’s line-up.

Current Pixar News:
Can consist of up to 3 different news reports about 3 events that happened within the past 3 months. For example, Lee’s auctioning for Haiti, Andrew’s leave for the set of John Carter Of Mars, or Toy Story’s recent move to the mixing department.

Past Pixar Reviews and/or Overviews:
Can consist of up to 3 different articles from any type, and would hopefully connect recent news with older articles. Examples include a review of Up the Video Game for the iPhone, Reflection between the recent Luxo Lawsuit and other Pixar-based lawsuits like the Monsters, Inc. Lawsuit, or Comparison between a Pixar film and another film that came out.

Pixar Fandom:
Can consist of 1 Fan’s audio or video work, or many’s Image work.

Outro:
A member driven segment reminding people to check out other sources like Upcoming Pixar, Peach and Radio Pixar for more information.

Any additional Video or Audio that may go with an article would be greatly appreciated, but would be provided by me if none is donated.

When/Where will the Vidcasts be filmed/released/etc?

The idea is to release them quarterly. Therefore, each ‘season’ would consist of 4 episodes, releasing in February, June, August and November. Each one would be uploaded to the Pixar Planet Youtube page.

Potential hosts will be selected from a list of members willing to do it and will be asked if they can film/record within a period of time. If not, simply move on to the next person on the list. If all default, I do it.

Editing would also mostly be done by me, unless others also have video editing experience.

So, let me know what you think! If you have any questions, just shoot. :wink:

Potential Host Listing!
thewisecookiesheet
Hannahmation
The Star Swordsman
LightningAndDoc
lizardgirl
ffdude1906
disneydutchess

Potential Editor/Director
Hannahmation

Count me in! I’m interested if we can get this thing off the ground and approved.

:smiley:

Fun idea! I helped with some Harry Potter videocasts a few years ago. I wouldn’t mind hosting a Pixar Planet one every now and then. :slight_smile:

I would absolutely love to host. I haven’t done a vidcast before, but this is something that I would definetely be intrested in being a host. I have had past experience co-hosting Radio Pixar, so I hope I’m qualified.

(In addition, I’m taking a TV Acting class, so I’m very comfortable recording myself and showing it to friends and strangers.)

If needed, I can create a Youtube account for this, but I want to see if we can get this baby off the ground first before we do anything official.

thewisecookiesheet: YAY! :slight_smile:

Hannahmation: Really? Than you have some experience with Vidcasts?

The Star Swordsman: Can I assume that you and Hannahmation would like to be added to the potential host listing? :wink: And, yes, ANYONE who has something that can record footage qualifies, even if it’s your cell phone. :wink:

Assuming I’d get to use the official Youtube page, we wouldin’t need a Youtube account, but thanks for the offer! :slight_smile:

Speaking of which…

I just got word via Phileas on Twitter that this project has gotten a Green Light! W00T!

Mygames: Yep! I hosted and edited Vidcasts a few years go. And I’d love to be added to the hosting list. :slight_smile:

Ooh, being able to host something like this could be fun! Count me in, too! :wink:

This is such a great idea, Mygames19! It’ll be a perfect round-up of lots of useful Pixar information and I’m sure it’ll attract a lot of new members to Pixar Planet. Count me in for hosting, too! (Though I’d need some help with the technical side of things. :laughing:)

Mygames: yes, sign me up! Put me on the list as a potential host!

On a side note, would you want me to get a web-cam if I end up getting the hosting job?

And I’m glad that this idea has got the green light goin!

Count me in good sir, I’d love to help out. :wink:

Hannahmation: Alright, Added. :slight_smile: Also, can I add you as a potential Editor, in case I can’t? Thanks. :wink:

LightningAndDoc: Added as a potential host! :slight_smile:

lizardgirl: I’ll add you to the list, but, if you don’t have a camera, this might be hard… What technical issues are you refuring to? XD

The Star Swordsman: Added you to the list too! And, ya, anything that can record (at least your audio) works. But, if you have a webcam, make sure it records audio too. Otherwise, you’ll need a Mic. Oh, and, you’ll need software to capture with too. Which, I can provide… but, I advise not using. lol

ffdude1906: Yay! Added to list.

I’m gonna just go ahead and post the list at the bottom of the thread until we can get a dedicated sub-forum or something for this. :wink:

Also, in other news, I’ve been working feavishly on what might be the Vidcast’s home page!

Yep, feel free to add me as a potential Editor as well. :slight_smile:

Mygames19- Well, I have a webcam and I have a mic that I can use to record audio, but I’m not quite sure how. :laughing: I’ve got Audacity and can use that, but obviously that’s only for the audio so I’d have to figure out how to record video.

And I’m loving your design for the Vidcast’s home page! Very suave!

Count me in for doing the outro! This sounds like fun!

Anyone know any good webcams that can record but still on the low side of the price scale? Also, what program do you reccomend me to get?

TSS: I was just going to take a regular digital camera and record video on that, as for programs to grab, I’ve got no idea…

Mygames: Oi! List me as a potential host too. I’ve got a plan for video!

And, nice look. :sunglasses:

Hannahmation: Done!

lizardgirl: I know of a free recording program called Camstudio, but be aware that it records footage on your computer screen! So you’d have to use something like Windows Live Messenger to see the video and than have Camstudio record the box. the only downfall, is that Camstudio has a really hard time recording sound. Oh, and file sizes are humongous - you’ll have to size them down with something like Windows Movie Maker or Any Video Converter.

disneydutchess: I’ve added you as a host!

The Star Swordsman: Hmmm… Well, I don’t know much about what to look for… I bought mine at a garage sale. XD. But you might want to try Goodwill if you have any in your area. Or, if you can shop online, you might want to try newegg.com. As for recording, see my reply to lizardgirl.

thewisecookiesheet: again, See my reply to lizardgirl for recording software. Your listed now! And, I’m glad you like the website. In fact…

I’ve got a early version of the website up for you guys to check out!

classicteam.110mb.com/PPV/default.htm

Oh, understand that as soon as this site is done and up, signing up to be a potential host or whatever won’t be as easy, as you can see inside the applications button.

Oh, and if you happen to come across an E-mail address… It’s currently fake. ^^’

Nice work on that website, Mygames19! It’s perfect. And thanks for explaining how I might be able to record an outro, it sounds feasible though I’d have to get used to the technology.

Great work with all of this! :smiley:

Now this is something I’d like to take part in!

Anywhere I can help maybe?

nightwheel: Ya! You can apply to be a Host! :slight_smile:

lizardgirl: Thanks! :wink:

Sorry I haven’t been doing a whole lot recently. I’ve been working on the intro and as soon as I can get some help to put the Vidcast on PP, I can start assigning Hosts for jobs!