Pixar Planet

I wanted so badly to love it....

Talk about Pixar's movie Brave here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: I wanted so badly to love it....

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:38 pm

^Anyone concur with our newest member here? I kinda like the whole movie just the way it is. The only problem I have with it is that...Meirda does NOT ever truly belong in the Disney Princess line, and that she NEVER will be! The. End. :x
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby Wee Dingwall » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:49 am

evspixarfan2012 wrote:^Anyone concur with our newest member here? I kinda like the whole movie just the way it is. The only problem I have with it is that...Meirda does NOT ever truly belong in the Disney Princess line, and that she NEVER will be! The. End. :x

Correct.

Also, Once Upon A Time is absolute rubbish and I will never watch it.

:D
Wee Dingwall
Shark Bait

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:47 pm

^I don't care about the show Once Upon A Time, so I will never watch it either. In fact, I don't even watch that show, ever! All they do is mess up both the Disney princess fairy tales AND Pixar's film Brave as in Merida herself. Since when did Disney start making live-action remakes of their classic animated films, huh? And just to get back on topic before I go too far, I don't like the way some parents are treating this movie and I don't like they way they treat it back when it was released and still even to this day! I mean what the heck is wrong with them, huh? :x
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:28 pm

I've never really spoke about this film, and that's partly because I've only ever seen it once, when it was first released in cinemas/movie theatres 4 years ago.

While I loved the fact that it was set in Scotland, had Julie Andrews as a voice, and had artists such as Mumford and Sons and Birdy on the soundtrack, there is one thing in particular that makes it very uncomfortable for me to watch, and that's the mother/daughter relationship. When it came towards the end of movie with that scene where Elinor changed back into a human, Merida says something along the lines of "I don't know what I'd do without you, Mum" and I just lost it. I wish I had a relationship with my own mum, I haven't seen her in 9 years. I wish she'd tried harder. I have a step mum but the mental connection/ close bond is not there.

I know this is a personal issue as to why I can't enjoy the film, and don't get me wrong I think it was beautifully animated. But I struggle to relate, and that upsets me :cry:
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Wee Dingwall » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:00 am

Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami wrote:I've never really spoke about this film, and that's partly because I've only ever seen it once, when it was first released in cinemas/movie theatres 4 years ago.

While I loved the fact that it was set in Scotland, had Julie Andrews as a voice, and had artists such as Mumford and Sons and Birdy on the soundtrack, there is one thing in particular that makes it very uncomfortable for me to watch, and that's the mother/daughter relationship. When it came towards the end of movie with that scene where Elinor changed back into a human, Merida says something along the lines of "I don't know what I'd do without you, Mum" and I just lost it. I wish I had a relationship with my own mum, I haven't seen her in 9 years. I wish she'd tried harder. I have a step mum but the mental connection/ close bond is not there.

I know this is a personal issue as to why I can't enjoy the film, and don't get me wrong I think it was beautifully animated. But I struggle to relate, and that upsets me :cry:

I'm sorry to hear about that. :(

Julie Andrews isn't in the film - did you mean Julie Walters?
Wee Dingwall
Shark Bait

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:38 am

^Dont be sorry. I get used to seeing mother/daughter themes all the time. I'm just upset that I can't fully enjoy a Pixar film because of it :(

And I meant Julie Walters, yes. Oops :oops:
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Wee Dingwall » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:14 pm

evspixarfan2012 wrote:^I don't care about the show Once Upon A Time, so I will never watch it either. In fact, I don't even watch that show, ever!

Same here! I've heard about it and it sounds like rubbish.
Wee Dingwall
Shark Bait

Postby Wee Dingwall » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:16 pm

evspixarfan2012 wrote:And just to get back on topic before I go too far, I don't like the way some parents are treating this movie and I don't like they way they treat it back when it was released and still even to this day! I mean what the heck is wrong with them, huh? :x

I may have read that as 'parrots'. :lol:

OK, so I didn't, but still, that changes it completely. :D
Wee Dingwall
Shark Bait

Previous

Return to Brave