Pixar Planet

Sequel to Brave?

Talk about Pixar's movie Brave here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Sequel to Brave?

Postby WheezysBestBud » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:14 am

Brave seems to be the rare Pixar film that, good or bad, nobody speculates whether or not there should be a sequel to it. I personally don't think there should be a continuation of Merida's story, but I would love to see a prequel all about the Witch because contrary to what Mark Andrews says, I would love an explanation as to why the Witch is obsessed with bears.
Brian aka WheezysBestBud
WheezysBestBud
Garbage Boy

Re: Sequel to Brave?

Postby Villainess » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:49 am

Immediate, Gut Reaction Answer: Oh please, no. Unnecessary sequels to the good movies are bad enough, we don't need unnecessary sequels to the mediocre ones.

Thought Through Answer: I just really don't think there's anything that needs to be gone into. Nothing in the thing really invests me enough that I feel they need to go into more detail. Even with the witch, you'd pretty much need to invent a whole new world away from all the recognizable guys for that, and at that point you might as well just make an original film.

I think that's probably why a sequel gets brought up so little; there's just not really anything to work with.
Villainess
Garbage Boy

Postby Bandling45 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:00 am

Let's not. Can we?

I really don't love the idea of sequels (they have to really try to sell it to me). Maybe if they feel like they really NEED a sequel, they can just do a little short film. Anyone?
Let's Get Dangerous
Bandling45
Shark Bait

Postby WheezysBestBud » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:08 pm

I came up with a great idea for a Brave sequel: fast forward 15 years into the future and Fergus & Elinor have to marry off the triplets to princesses from the 3 clans in the first film.
Brian aka WheezysBestBud
WheezysBestBud
Garbage Boy

Postby jimwil » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:58 pm

I love the idea of Sequel, if there's somebody who does not agree with it, then that is his own opinion. Everybody is entitled to its opinion, who cares.

Last edited by jimwil on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimwil

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm not a fan of a sequel idea to Brave. I think i'll still watch it anyways if it ever is made. I really would like for them to stick with original ideas and features. (TI2 being the exception of course. :D)
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Return to Brave