Sequel to Brave?

Brave seems to be the rare Pixar film that, good or bad, nobody speculates whether or not there should be a sequel to it. I personally don’t think there should be a continuation of Merida’s story, but I would love to see a prequel all about the Witch because contrary to what Mark Andrews says, [spoil]I would love an explanation as to why the Witch is obsessed with bears.[/spoil]

Immediate, Gut Reaction Answer: Oh please, no. Unnecessary sequels to the good movies are bad enough, we don’t need unnecessary sequels to the mediocre ones.

Thought Through Answer: I just really don’t think there’s anything that needs to be gone into. Nothing in the thing really invests me enough that I feel they need to go into more detail. Even with the witch, you’d pretty much need to invent a whole new world away from all the recognizable guys for that, and at that point you might as well just make an original film.

I think that’s probably why a sequel gets brought up so little; there’s just not really anything to work with.

Let’s not. Can we?

I really don’t love the idea of sequels (they have to really try to sell it to me). Maybe if they feel like they really NEED a sequel, they can just do a little short film. Anyone?

I came up with a great idea for a Brave sequel: fast forward 15 years into the future and Fergus & Elinor have to marry off the triplets to princesses from the 3 clans in the first film.

I’m not a fan of a sequel idea to Brave. I think i’ll still watch it anyways if it ever is made. I really would like for them to stick with original ideas and features. (TI2 being the exception of course. :smiley:)