Central Brave Discussion

Well, here I am starting a central topic for Brave, since somebody already made one for Monsters University. Lets Wait in anxiety together. :smiley:
[size=200]Current Tomato Rating: 71%![/size]
Anybody with Facebook? Check out the Official Brave Facebook Page!
RottenTomatoes!

Only 12 Days to go!
Last Updated: 6/12/12
Possible Spoilers Ahead!
Brave Released Stuff:
Logo and Release Date Movement
Concept Art
Patrick Doyle is Doing the Score!
Merida Picture
Trailer Description
Teaser Poster
Teaser Trailer
Stills Released Nov 14
Trailer #1
Merida and Her Family
Character Art
ā€œFreedom Brochā€ Featurette
ā€œFergus Shares a Legendā€ Clip
Japanese Poster
Wallpapers
Artsy Pictures
Trailer #2 and Poster
Some New Bear Pics
Trailer #3 and ā€œEyes on the Piesā€ Clip
Reaction to First 30 Min of Film
ā€œKiltā€ Featurette
Premiere is in Hollywood for Opening of Dolby Theatre (Pretty Techy Article)
Character Banners
Another international Poster
Motherā€™s Day Spot
Behind the Scenes of How the Movie Was Made

And I think that is all. PLEASE, PLEASE PM if I missed anything. Iā€™m going cold turkey (lol Iā€™m vegetarian though) on this, and I havenā€™t watched any trailer after the first one.

congrats, I like your initiative, what information do we have so far??
director, official synopsis, concept art, release date, logoā€¦ what else???

Eek! Iā€™m WELL excited! :mrgreen:

Iā€™m so excited for this film, I canā€™t wait to see the Scottish setting and learn what the score will be like.

Does anyone know whoā€™s scoring, btw?
(Iā€™m hoping that itā€™s Tom Newman :slight_smile: )

Thomas, Randy or Giacchino, remember that One Man Band was scored by Michael and he did an awesome job, as always, note that Mark Andrews (One Man Band, Brave) has already worked with him

i remember a while ago there were some rumors that john powell was doing the score and then it was rumored giacchino was doing it and now i have no clue.

BUT I AM EXCITED NONETHELESS, JS.

Giacchino needs a break after Cars 2, Super 8, Mission Impossible IV, Star Trek 2 and John Carter, but if he scores Brave I would be fine and glad for it

Uhā€¦ Powell please? He proved heā€™s got the chops for Northern Europe music when he did the HTTYD soundtrack. :slight_smile:

Ooh, yeah, John Powell would be awesome. I do like Giacchino but, looking at the tone of what Iā€™ve seen, that the film is supossed to be quite gritty, I think it has to be Thomas Newman, John Powell, or perhaps Danny Elfman.
You have to bear in mind the films tone, and the three composers mentioned have very distinctive styles that Iā€™m just saying might go very well stylistically. :slight_smile:
ETA: Well, apparantly Paddy Doyle is doing it, but Iā€™m not sure if the link is legit:
filmmusicreporter.com/2011/03/30 ā€¦ -the-apes/

does anyone remember when it was reported that U2 was doing some sort of music with Brave? I mean, it might just be like a credits song or something, although they did cross-over in the scoring things with Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.

It wasnā€™t officially reported by Pixar that U2 was doing a song. Bono did visit Pixar. We donā€™t know if it was just a visit, or he was recording a song.

Powell recently scored Mars Needs Moms and his next projects are Rio, Kung Fu Panda 2 and Happy Feet 2, I doubt pixar choose him (he has work with DW for a long time),

as side note: Powellā€™s most brilliant work has been on Face Offā€¦

Well, film composers rarely rest.

If it were for me, Giacchino would score every feature from Cars 2 on, except for Monsters University, with Randy Newman returning.

Iā€™d like to see a bit more diversity myself.

He has proved to be the best there is, and the only composer I would dare to name as the next John Williams.

Plus, heā€™s capable of offer a lot of different styles. I can stick with him.

Iā€™m personally hoping for Thomas Newman or Michael Giacchino, but I wouldnā€™t mind having a new guy, either.

SoA: I know what you mean, but as versatile as Giacchino is, I believe that different composers are suited to different films. I mean, John Williams scoring Spirited Away, for example? Yes, heā€™s a great composer, but Joe Hiaishai puts his own mark on it that no other composer could replicate. And favourites are subjective. Giacchino isnā€™t my favourite Pixar composer (although he is fantastic), and Iā€™d personally like some variety, as eje was saying :slight_smile:
Oh, and I do hope Bono does do the song! I love U2! :smiley: (And, OT, but I saw Killing Bono the other day and thought it was awesome ^__^).

What about David Horner? He does some pretty good scores for ā€˜old world moviesā€™ like The New World, Troy and Land Before Time. And of course, Avatar.

Or Hans Zimmer? Last Samurai, Pirates of the Carribean, Gladiator?

Thereā€™s also ā€˜lesserā€™ composers like Trevor Rabin, David Hirschfelder and AAtli Ɩrvarsson who get the ā€˜leftoversā€™ from the Powells, Williams, Newmans and Giachinnos.

Not trying to diss the megastars, they really have talent, and it shows. But as other members here have said, Pixar (and other studios as well) should really diversify and try other composers instead of falling back on just one or two old-timers. The movie industry really only has five or so composers who do pretty much all the soundtracks for the blockbusters. And Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s not the only amount of talented composers in the entire world at the moment.

Oh, Trevor Rabin has done some pretty good ones! I see what youā€™re saying TDIT :slight_smile: