Brave score by Patrick Doyle

I can’t believe there’s no board yet for the film’s soundtrack, composed by Patrick Doyle.

Here’s the cover:

And the tracks:

1. Touch the Sky (Performed by Julie Fowlis)
2. Into the Open Air (Performed by Julie Fowlis)
3. Learn Me Right (Performed by Birdy - with Mumford & Sons)
4. Fate and Destiny Score
5. The Games Score
6. I Am Merida Score
7. Remember to Smile Score
8. Merida Rides Away Score
9. The Witch s Cottage Score
10. Song of Mor du (Performed by Billy Connolly and Cast)
11. Through the Castle Score
12. Legends Are Lessons Score
13. Show Us the Way Score
14. Mum Goes Wild Score
15. In Her Heart Score
16. Noble Maiden Fair (A Mhaighdean Bhan Uasal) (Performed by Emma Thompson and Peigi Barker)
17. Not Now! Score
18. Get the Key Score
19. We ve Both Changed Score
20. Merida s Home Score

I haven’t read the titles myself since scores sometimes feature spoilers. But yes, there will be songs in this as previously reported.

Anyway, this announcement means we’ll probably get to hear a preview of the score in a few weeks.

Wow, five songs? That has to be a new record for Pixar. And I see Julie Fowlis is singing two, which pleases me because I liked her singing in the trailer.

Cars 2 had five songs and Cars had even more.

I’m a bit surprised. If I read well, not only King Fergus will sing, but Queen Elinor too (one song is performed by Emma Thompson) ? It is not in Pixar’s traditions to have singing characters… It’s more in Disney’s…
This will please to naysayers who say Brave is just a “Disney Princess” movie of more. An idea with which I disagree. I guess it won’t be like Disney’s typical songs.

We already know that King Fergus’ song is a drinking song about his combat against Mor’du.

Aw! Julie Fowlis isn’t doing Tha Mo Ghaol Air Aird a Chuan… :frowning:

I guess the character’s songs won’t be musical numbers, but instead chants.

Think of the pieces sung by characters in The Lord of the Rings.

I doubt that very much. The first three tracks are all songs:

1. Touch the Sky (Performed by Julie Fowlis)
  2. Into the Open Air (Performed by Julie Fowlis)
  3. Learn Me Right (Performed by Birdy - with Mumford & Sons)

There’s also “Song of Mor’du”, which will be sung by Billy Connoly as King Fergus, and “Noble Maiden Fair (A Mhaighdean Bhan Uasal)”, performed by Emma Thompson and Peigi Barker. Emma Thompson voices Queen Elinor, so she could be singing in character. I don’t know who Peigi Barker is supposed to be, though. Maybe a younger Merida?

I said the character’s songs, obviously not meaning those by Fowler or other artists but the ones sung by voice actors.

I’m pretty sure those will be chants, not musical number in the traditional sense of a musical film. Pretty much what you’re saying, I suppose.

By the way, you should put a spoiler tag on the titles as I did. Some of us don’t want to see them until the release of the film.

rubs hands excitedly I look forward to hearing Doyle’s score. I really enjoyed his work on Goblet of Fire and Thor, and I think it’ll fit well with the Scotland setting.

cant wait to hear it. doyles been working on this for a while, as hes put a lot of hard work into it. the music im assuming is completed which is quite early as the tracks have names. i cant wait till amazon or itunes has the samples up to listen to.

So the movie will be a musical?

If my theory is correct, it won’t be a musical.

I’m hoping to buy the soundtrack when it comes out. :-D) And I’m excited to see that Mumford And Sons is playing a part in one of the songs too… they’re one of my favorite bands. :sunglasses:

I’m really excited and cant wait to hear it! I loved Patrick Doyle’s Harry Potter Soundtrack!

new details released on the soundtrack

marketwatch.com/story/sounds … 2012-05-21

I wish they would release the samples!! im dying to hear.

samples are up!

disney.go.com/brave/index.html#/products/music/

and the score sounds beautiful.!!!

I loved those samples! Particularly, Song of Mordu.

Yeah, the Mor’du song sounds like it’ll bring down the house

Those are all quite lovely! I’m looking forward to hearing the full score.

Anyone pick it up yet? I think it’s pretty solid, but not the best Pixar score.