Anyone else not really looking forward to Brave?

This is the very first Pixar movie released that I don’t want to see. I just don’t think Brave looks that good. It looks kinda boring and cheesy to me. This Friday I’m gonna see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter instead. I just don’t think it looks like all that. But if it gets good reviews I’ll give it a shot. But anyone else not really looking forward to it?

Believe it or not, but i’m always looking forward to see a Pixar film for the first time. Some maybe more (Toy Story 3) than others but i’m always excited! I can’t judge a movie untill i have seen it, so i’m looking forward to see Brave!

I can’t wait until Friday morning, that’s when I get to see it! I’ve waited to long not to see it. But I thought the same way about HTTYD, so I didn’t see it theaters. Which I should have since it was amazing, but its marketing was horrible.

I’m still interested in seeing it, but I don’t expect it to be that good.

I’m so stoked for this movie. I think it’s just that everybody is a little irked by the reviews brave is getting right now (me included), but that still doesn’t change my optimism for this movie. And even if it becomes Pixars second “rotten” rating in a row, your own opinion is what matters in the end. I’m still hoping more positive reviews flow in tommorow on opening day however.

[quote=“Johnny_ Boy”]
I’m so stoked for this movie. I think it’s just that everybody is a little irked by the reviews brave is getting right now (me included), but that still doesn’t change my optimism for this movie.

[quote]
My feelings exactly. No matter what the reviews are at this point, I’ve been looking forward to it for too long to make them ruin it for me. I can’t wait. Even if it’s not good (which it won’t be), I’ve already seen my curly-haired childhood reflected in her mom brushing Merida’s hair and her hating it in that one preview. That was me. So that just makes me so happy, and look forward to it even more.

My feelings exactly. No matter what the reviews are at this point, I’ve been looking forward to it for too long to make them ruin it for me. I can’t wait. Even if it’s not good (which it won’t be), I’ve already seen my curly-haired childhood reflected in her mom brushing Merida’s hair and her hating it in that one preview. That was me. So that just makes me so happy, and look forward to it even more.

Not sure if I’ll bother, maybe wait for it to appear on Netflix one day.

When the teaser was released last year it got my interest and seemed to have potential, but the current trailers have turned me off it a lot.

Pixar really do need to try much harder.

I hope you don’t assume from all the responses here that you are the only one not looking forward to seeing Brave. It is not the first Pixar film I was not eagerly anticipating. Cars was, because I thought it would be about racing. Glad to see that it wasn’t, not much anywho. Wall-E was the second, and I still have not seen it. Up is the third. Brave is the fourth.

I also have no interest in The Good Dinosaur or Dia de La Muerte. The Inside the MInd film is a bit intriguing but I wish they’d find another director besides Pete Doctor.

So anywho, Brave does not interest me, there are too many butt jokes, and the main character is ugly, while her mother (the villian) is hot. And the bears are just silly. They look like someone drew them. I mean, in the animated world someone drew them, and somehow breathed life into them. That is just ridiculous. It should look like it is already alive within the scope of the film. Actuallly being drawn is not an excuse. None of the toys in Toy Story look drawn. They look alive. Pixar usually knows what it’s doing, but not this time.

Did I mention that I’m against Brave because it was announced at the same time as Newt, which Pixar abandoned, Newt was 1000 times more appealing, Brooke the blue-footed lizard is hot, and The Bear in the Bow is a much better tittle than “Brave”?

You find animals “hot”?

Yes, you have mentioned it. EVERY time you post.

Let’s make this clear once and for all. Are you trolling the boards?

This is not about having a different opinion (I’m not very stoked about Brave either), but the way you post your views on things makes me suspect you’re not a legit member.

Glad to see I’m not the only one. I’ll grant you that it’s a good idea and I admire Pixar for finally doing a fairy tale, but it just looks boring. I also found Ratatouille and Wall-E boring before I saw them, but once I saw them I found things about them (the beautiful animation of Ratatouille and the Captain McCrea character of Wall-E).

I didn’t think this movie looked boring at all, and I was super stoaked for it.

I saw Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter before Brave though. Not because I was more excited for it, but because of how it worked out with some friends wanting to see Brave and when they could go. So I saw the midnight premier for Abe Lincoln, and then that evening, Brave.

I was more excited for Brave, and I liked it more. But I enjoyed both greatly.

I have to admit, I lol’d.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this is a troll user. :mrgreen:

I went to go see it in 3D for the heck of it and wow, GREAT movie! I really REALLY liked it. The 3rd best movie I’ve seen so far, with Prometheus on top and The Cabin in the Woods number 2.

These are the 5 best movies I’ve seen so far in 2012:

1. Prometheus
  2. The Cabin in the Woods
  3. Brave
  4. The Hunger Games
  5. Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance (I don’t see all the hate to it, I loved it!)

I’m very glad you ended up liking it. :smiley: