Brave Rip-off. BEWARE.

Today, I found something interesting

I was at a Wal-Mart, and then I saw a DVD cover with a princess on it. She had red hair (it was straight, not curly), and a green dress, and it looked like she was in the highlands (there was a castle behind her, and rolling green hills).

The title of this movie: Kiara the Brave. :open_mouth:

Anyone else seen this abomination in stores?

Oh god, GoodTimes Entertainment strikes again with their Disney rip-offs. They were notorious for releasing rip-offs like this in the 90s. I donā€™t know if Video Brinquedo produced it but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they did. This does seem like their kind of work.

Oh, great. Do these people have no creative energy?

Nah. Pixar could sue them, but itā€™s not like theyā€™d make much money off of doing that.

I saw this DVD at Target today. It made me mad.

This is a mockbuster but this movie is roughly a year old. They must of thrown this together after seeing the teaser for Brave.

I watched the entire movie at midnight last night for a sleepover. It put me in hysterics at times but really ragged on at the end.

The only things remotely baring resemblance to Brave is the heroineā€™s design and the movie title. Itā€™s more or less about a kid named Super Cloud with (psychic?) powers to control wind and other elements. Think bending from Avatar. And he unites a bunch of kids including Kiara to defeat some demonic force near the end. Or so I thought was happeningā€”we paid more attention to syncing up music to the movie than actually watching it.

:laughing:

Wow, the animation is bad, Lol. And whatā€™s up with them flying like Superman at the end of the trailer?

[url]Kiara the Brave - Official Trailer - YouTube

I canā€™t even watch the trailer as itā€™s blocked where I am.

All I can say is wow. Even the title card looks like a carbon copy.

Yep. But really, apart from thatā€¦itā€™sā€¦well, itā€™s its own, erm, unique creationā€¦ 8D

Another one!

How these companies manage to get away with things like this is beyond meā€¦ :confused:

Goddamn, they even stole the logo interface and added an ā€œRā€ on the end. If thatā€™s not a rip-off, I donā€™t know what is.

Please, PLEASE let that be the result of Photoshop and merely a prankā€¦ :~o

Indeed. The titles and heroines are close enough, but Iā€™m astounded by them taking/modifying the logo too.

Sorryā€¦but it is real. :frowning:

Good to see you around, JSWeC! :slight_smile: And Iā€™m really curious to watch this rip-off just for the heck of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed! A little digging yields the possible identity of the perpetrators:

brightsparkltd.com/casestudies.htm

Interestingly, according to the following source, the DVD distribution was pulled:

dvd-subtitles.com/distributors/b ā€¦ tml?page=2

It doesnā€™t appear that usual suspects Video Brinquedo or Spark Plug Entertainment made Braver. Assuming that Brightspark did indeed make this mockbusterā€“itā€™s possible they only distribute it in the UKā€“itā€™s fair that they would have to pull it based on that logo ripoff.

I think youā€™d have a lot of fun ripping it apart. I watched the whole thing and there are certainly someā€¦interesting scenes. Like dragons rapping out of nowhere even though there is no other form of singing to be found in the movie :stuck_out_tongue:

Leirin: Do you know what ā€œstudioā€ made Braver? Just curiousā€¦