Pixar Planet

Brave Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Talk about Pixar's movie Brave here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Brave Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Postby K9Girl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:50 pm

I got the DVD on the 13th. It was $15, so I thought I might as well get it then. Yay! Except I wish I could see the Blu-Ray features since people are saying how great they are. Maybe I'll just rent the Blu-Ray later. :lol: The bonus features on the DVD are decent, though.
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby Leirin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Oh, there are bonus features period on the DVD? That's good news in itself. 8D My Up DVD didn't even come with a commentary...? :(
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby Draik » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:25 am

I bought the 3D Blu Ray as an early Christmas present for myself and rewatched it last night!
I'd seen Madagascar 3 in 3D the night before, and just comparing the way each movie utilized their 3D effects reminded me that even when they're out of their element, Pixar comes out on top. I almost stopped watching Madagascar 3 halfway through, Melman's head keeps poking out of the screen and there are so man gimmicky things like that it was impossible to watch without being distracted.

Anyway, back on topic, I put the 2D disc in to check out the bonus features and my computer's Blu Ray software crashed and told me the disc was unsupported, so I'm going to try to fix it this weekend. :?
Draik
Garbage Boy

Postby K9Girl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Leirin wrote:Oh, there are bonus features period on the DVD? That's good news in itself. 8D My Up DVD didn't even come with a commentary...? :(

Yeah, there are two short films and a commentary. My Up DVD didn't come with a commentary either! That was so disappointing.
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby Leirin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Ah, glad I'm not the only one then! :? I was confused by that.

I was stupid and forgot to put the Brave DVD on my Christmas list, so I'll probably be buying it myself fairly soon.
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby ObsessedWithPixar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:37 pm

This may seem late since everybody here probably has a copy of Brave by now, but I recently finally went through all the bonus material on the 5-Disc Deluxe Edition! And let me tell you, the features on here are incredible! Besides the usual Pixar awesome, some of the highlights are:
- Nearly fully animated or fully animated deleted scenes and unused animation.
- A montage of deleted scenes because there were more deleted scenes in Brave than could fit on one Blu-Ray (Some 100+).
- What must be the entire art book on Blu-Ray; the character art alone had 178 pieces in the slideshow!
- The fantastic promotional shorts.
- And naturally, a great commentary and loads of awesome stuff :)
It was definitely worth getting! If you already own a different version, I highly recommend renting this version if you can! It's extremely eye-opening and heightens one's respect for this already-amazing film!
My Fanart - My Graphics - My Non-Pixar Art
Pixar now and forever <3
ObsessedWithPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Location: I wish I knew. Russell lost my GPS in Paradise Falls

Previous

Return to Brave